Author Gulf Coast Farmgirls: Previous Topic It's been a month! Next Topic  

cajungal
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
40 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  6:24:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been a month since we've talked here. How is everyone?

The spring weather has been so nice. My land finally dried out after a winter full of rain.

Baby goats are here and baby rabbits arrive every few days and I'm way behind on my garden.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  8:15:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've had some great, sunshiney days here that allowed us to get some garden plowing done. Now the forecast says rain and lower temps again. Oh, well. It'll get too warm soon enough!

Kyria

www.crossyr.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
40 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  12:51:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, you're right, Kyria, rain has arrived. My only complaint about rain is that it keeps me from being outside! I am forced to stay inside and do things like cleaning, washing dishes, etc.... ugh. Although today I'm forced to work on taxes...yuck.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  11:48:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, Just received e-mail from Brian, honoring my request to join the Texas Farmgirls, still trying to understand how to do all this and to find my way around. Been a member since January 2010, and beginning to work on some badges. I tried the Bio as instructed and told me I was not authorized to do that. This past weekend and this week so far has been beautiful so glad for good weather. Been out and about in the garden. Not sure who "hencho" is but would like to be apart of you all. Farmgirl #946

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened" Anatole France
Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  09:05:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Sissarge! I've been a member since January, too. In this henhouse we tend to have spurts of conversation, then silence for awhile as we focus on our busy lives! But we're glad you're here!

Beautiful spring days has a lot of us in our gardens these days!

Kyria

www.crossyr.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  07:27:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello ladies! We are having lovely weather and my little garden has been planted! I'm looking forward to tomatoes and bell peppers! As far as flower gardening, the freeze we had for a couple of days in January (I think it was in January) really damaged several of my plants and outright killed others. So I'll be re-planting some of them as well. I'm enjoying being out in the yard/garden!

Caron

"Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation."

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page
  Gulf Coast Farmgirls: Previous Topic It's been a month! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page