Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Elizabeth
Houston TX
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  08:59:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!

I'm Elizabeth, I live in San Leon (my profile says Houston and won't let me update). I've been in the sisterhood for three years now but this is my first time in the henhouse! I'm looking forward to discussions and meetups. My husband & I just moved to San Leon last December and haven't done any "farm" stuff yet other than clearing out all the trash left from Ike and re-enclosing the bottom of the house.

Mark & I have been married for 16 years and we have a blended family of 4 kids and 15 grandkids - some live as far away as Prince Edward Island in Canada We have two dogs - Pablo, a three legged shishu and Fozzey, a soft-coated wheaten terrier. We are planning to build a new home - hopefully a monolithic dome, but it's going to take a few years. We have enough room here to have a fairly large garden, some chickens, and hopefully a few goats (I can't drink cow's milk).

Well, anyway I look forward to meeting all of you!

Elizabeth
Farmgirl Sister #657
Citygirl by necessity - farmgirl by heart.

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2011 :  12:12:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Elizabeth, welcome to the group! I haven't been by to check the mail here till just today. So sorry it has taken me this long to welcome you. Glad you have joined us!

Caron

"The Human Spirit Needs Places Where Nature Has Not Been Rearranged By The Hand Of Man"
Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
40 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  8:03:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Elizabeth!!! So glad you found the henhouse.

We(Farmgirls from various areas) just finished having a campout in Bedias, TX (west of Huntsville). It'll happen again next year on the third weekend in October. Mark your calendar.

We're talking about going to Old Town Spring soon. Watch for a post about it.

Blessings,
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

bvfarm
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Christine
Santa Fe texas
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  9:27:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the area! I actually just moved from Kemah (right north of San Leon) to Santa Fe. Cleaning up after Ike was a job - remodeled that whole house for 3rd time after that. NOw, I'm remodeling this "new" one here. I think I need a contractor's license at the rate I"m going! Ah well, I did subscribe to Angie's list after getting messed over by several contractors. Its made a world of difference. I do wish I could've gotten it through the Dec.gift discount though! Oh well.
Happy renovations!
Christine

BaileyVille Farm Farmgirl #3624
God is the only cure without sideeffects. Gratitude and Coincidence are His footprints. - CMV; I thank God for my handicaps for, through them, I have found myself, my work, and my God.- HK
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  1:22:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just moved to the Kemah/Seabrook Area. Lived in East Houston. Moved to Texas in 2009 from Ohio.

Look forward to talking to you.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page
  Gulf Coast Farmgirls: Previous Topic Hello Gulf Coast! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page