classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  4:05:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was just looking through the Good Housekeeping magazine. This, Write a Love Letter was one of the articles. She suggest that we write one thing good that happened today and it can be just one sentence. So many days we just think this has been the worse day ever. And that one good thing gets tossed out. How about we start sharing one good thing everyday that happened in your life. It will be uplefting for us that is writing it as well as the ones reading it. Looking forward to hearing your special good thing of the day.

I will begin, I've been wanting to do something to make some fun money for myself. But knowing I'll be babysitting soon, when the new grandson arrives. Didn't know what I wanted to do. Went to my DIL's baby shower last weekend and I had made her 4 buntings, or baby sacks. Everyone thought they were wonderful. I thanked them and thought no more about it. Today, My DIL called me to say one of the ladys that attended her shower, wanted my # to have one made for another shower she's going to. I believe the Lord has opened a door for me. I can sew and look after the baby both. Praise God! Ok, hope this is of interest to all of you and lets see what kind of good times we get everyday.

http://www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  5:29:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will go next.

When shopping today and was looking at the quilting mags but I didnt buy one ,because I have no idea what I am doing. Then when I got home I wish I gotten one of the mags so I kind of was bumbed.
So I got on the Farm girl Connection and got on my Henhouse site and guess what one of the girls was wanting to start a project to earn a Merit Badge in Quilting.
Does my Lord know how to work things out or what ! I am so excited. So now it seems I'm going to learn
about quilting'
Blessings Marlee
Go to Top of Page

AshleyH
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Ashley
Forsyth Mt.
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  9:05:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to pick up my mothers great grandmothers sewing machine, because we were having it cleaned and parts replaced. I ran out of the house and was just going crazy trying to get 2 kids ready and myself and so excited about a package at the post office I got this morning that I forgot to bring the cabinet too. This was an 1 1/2 hour drive so I couldn't just turn around and get it. But when I got there I told the guy what happened and he just should me how to reinstall it on one of his so it was simple when I got home, then he showed me how to run it and how to thread everything I was so happy. I must have had a big grin on my face because he told me that this was the best part of helping you! I got to see the smile and happiness in your face when I brought it back to life.

www.hotterboardingntraining.com
www.caninelanguage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  11:28:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlene with Carole's offer to help us with guilting, was for sure a happy day. Ashley for all the help and explaining how to take care of the machine, was a good day. Thank you so much for sharing your happy times.

Go to Top of Page

JThomp
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Justine
Raymore Missouri
USA
97 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  3:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The quilting merit badge was definitely a highlight to my day as well. This morning I wasn't feeling too well, we have a bug going around the house. My 5 year old, Jacob walked over and gave me a big hug and said, "Mommy, you're the best! I love you!" That brightened my day and made me feel a little better.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  4:54:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Justine, those little hugs are the best, aren't they! Hope you all are feeling better. My good thing today, was that Linda and I had a opportunity today to talk on the phone more today, than other times. And we had some good old laughing about crazy things. It seems like we lose 25 years and become youngin's. I think laughter is the best medicine for anything. Let's all think of something real funny and just heehaw real loud!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  11:23:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a great idea!!!
I think mine is more simple? But I have loved all that you have shared ladies!

I too, am watching a gchild during the week. And she is a sweetie to have around.

But when the weekends come they are a treasure of quiet for me. I am just enjoying the simple things. Favorite movies while I knit, etc . Not to mention getting caught up on Mjf and chapter things, swaps, etc!!

I have just been blessed with a quiet, reflective weekend!

Hope each of you are having a good weekend as well!!

Blessings,
Linda

Blessings, Linda Always a ranch and farmgirl in my heart! Romans 8:28
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  1:48:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Linda the nice quiet times are priceless aren't they. I know that our little p-nut is a good good, but us grammys can get pretty tired by the end of the week. It's nice just hearing everyones good news of the day!!!

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  6:58:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today I was thinking what a great support system we have from all the farmgirls on here, but also in our Henhouse.The Scattered Prairie Gals are the best.Hugs Marlee
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  8:26:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree, agree!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  1:46:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today I was blessed with a letter from Connie, our henhouse sister. I've reported her news on another post. But it was a thrill to know she is now doing well. Hope someday soon that if you've not met her, that you can. She's a sweetheart!

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  7:43:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a wonderful day of happiness and heart felt. I've mentioned my SIL, Pam. She told me today that a group of our farmgirl sisters throughout the site, makes chemo caps that they make for those in need. Pam received a pkg. and card from them. Pam was so thankful for their sharing their love and support. Ladies, we belong to a wonderful group of ladies, there, ready for whatever is needed by others. What a blessing the Lord has given us for this site to widen our family. Thanks to Mary Jane for sitting up a place to laugh, cry, learn and work with each other.

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  4:15:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Lord has blessed my husband today. He has sleep apnea,so he has a cpap machine at night in the bedroom, and he has been wanting another for the living room by his chair. We went to have his other one checked as he was telling a therapist there he had been looking on ebay for one , she left the room and came back with one.
She said this one had been returned . And when they get returned we cant give them to patient and we cant sell them so you dont know nothing about it she said but this is yours if you want it. My husband actually almost cried. Those machine are so $$$ expensive. So praise the Lord. We couldnt stop blessing her and thanking her.
Then we thanked our Lord above.
Blessings Marlee
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  5:20:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Marlee,
They are expensive and that is just a great blessing!!

All of you are in my thoughts and prayers each day!

I enjoyed a day with my lil p-nut. I watch my 4 yr old gdaughter and we have such fun times. Then enjoyed visiting with family and my daughter bought me dinner. Enjoying a nice quiet evening of some tv now.

Bless each of you!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Go to Top of Page

JThomp
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Justine
Raymore Missouri
USA
97 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  1:12:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been thinking for a couple days about you all. I have been an offical Farmgirl for almost a year and I just feel like I've discovered a treasure in you all and in the whole Farmgirl idea. Both here amongst the Scattered Prairie Gals and on the forum. Thank you for inviting me into this group and thank you for brightening my day. I know when I come here I can find encouraging words, wisdom, kindness, and overall a smile to brighten my day. Thank you Farmgirl Sisters. I'm so very happy to be here and be a part of this, even if I don't post very often. I look forward to the day I get to really meet each of you. I just wanted to count you all as a part of my blessings today.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  08:23:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Justine I understand what you say about the group is a blessing
With the computer down right, we are taking it in Thur. So hope I'm back soon on line. Hope to be on soon. I miss connecting whenever, but phone determines when I do. But I'm so happy to have all u sisters. Justine we'LLC have to get ahold of Beverly and meet up sometime. Email me and let me know what is a good time in your schedule.'

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3786 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3786 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  09:14:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the best things that happens to me "every day" are Farmgirl Sisters! Seems every day a new one comes into my life, I am truly thankful for each and every farmgirl that comes into my life if even for a moment.
I am so Blessed!
Farmgirl Hugs,
Deb

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

JThomp
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Justine
Raymore Missouri
USA
97 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  4:38:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brenda, that would be great! I'll send you an email soon. Hope your computer is up and running again soon. I know how that is. It was such a warm and beautiful day today.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  05:46:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Justine just send text. That Wayne's I know I'll receive it. who knows whatever is wrong with the computer and when we'll get it back

Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  03:06:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a blessing just to be able to chat with all you girls. Through out my recovery and therphy I would struggle with an exercise one day and the next day it would be so easy to do, I was amazed, everyday I would ask the lord to touch me and make me well. I started to thinking I was being selfish so I now start my prayers with " Lord please take care of yourself, there are so many of us that depend on you."
Debbie, thank you for the lovely valentine and box of candy hearts. And Marlee thank you for the get well card. All of you gals are so very caring and special its an honor to be in your company.

LULU

Take care and write soon.

When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket
Go to Top of Page

JThomp
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Justine
Raymore Missouri
USA
97 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  06:39:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brenda I haven't forgotten to text you. It has been a little crazy around here, nothing serious just those unexpected things. I'll text you soon though.

Connie, I'm sending you happy warm thoughts and you are in my prayers.
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  1:54:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a diddy to cheer you.If your from the south you will know it.

Ohhh say can you see any red bugs on me
If ya do pick a few and we'll have red bug stewwwwwwwwwwwww.

Thank you.Marlee
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  2:11:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats a new one for me Marlee. And where and when and why, behind this little saying. LOL!

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  2:22:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Truthfully it came from my husband's dad. He always has these little diddy's.
But I think red bugs are like fire ants an dthey get on you believe me want them off as soon as possible.
And cajun people down here they fix anything.I think that what it means.Whoohoo.

Marlee

You would sing it to the tune of The Star Spangled Banner.
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  6:30:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ladies,
You always bring a smile!! Sooo good to have each of you here!!

Connie, hope you are doing well!!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  03:20:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm thankful I still have my mind, even if it slips sometimes. I had things swicthed around thanks Debbie for the get well card and Marlee for the pretty valentine and candy hearts. And since I last posted I've received so many more cards and valentines thank you all so much you brighten my life daily.
I'm doing so good that my doctors are amazed. I don't have to go back to the heart surgeon unless I have a problem and I don't have to go back to the knee doctor for 6 months. All of the prayers are working, thank you so much.

LULU

Take care and write soon.

When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Write a Love Letter Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page