pinkwitchy~farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Beverly
Lee's Summit MO
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  7:54:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We really need a board where we can post things other than projects, books & bios! Like the bulletine board....but for any of us to post to. For topics like this....

So here is what I'm curious about.... It's been a while since I've been on.....where did all the hen houses go? There used to be a LONG list. Now there are ONLY 6, including us! What happened?

Farmgirl Sister 1575* * * It is often the bend in the road that makes life worth the drive * * *

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  04:12:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beverly I was thinking the same thing. I guess just loss of interest. That is one big reason that we want everyone to pitch in and come up with ideas and fun things for us to do. Beverly do you know how to set up a board that we could come to to just chat and ask questions?

http://www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  04:56:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried to set us up on fb last year. Tried to keep it secure for just us SPG.
Wasnt on for more than a day and a guy was 'friending' us. Creeped me out a bit soooooo I cancelled it.
Brenda has set up a blog for us prairie gals? But, we are NOT the most tech savvy grannies, lol! To get to it? You have to go thru our 'scattered little blessings' blog first. Even we are confused, ha ha ha!? So if any of you have thoughts and can help with how to set thiings up? That would be great!!!! Many prefer the security of mjf, and thats cool too! Always know that any of you can start a topic here!!
Thank you, Beverly!!

Blessings, Linda Always a ranch and farmgirl in my heart! Romans 8:28
Go to Top of Page

pinkwitchy~farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Beverly
Lee's Summit MO
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  2:35:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know how to add a new board. I think it's something has to be done by the head of our henhouse....that or someone at MJF. I did notice the Heart of Texas hh has other boards, so I know it can be done. I'll do some thinkin' & see what I can come up with. I'm thinking if we can keep it here, that'll help the not-so-tech-savy members :) Brenda, aren't you our head hen?

Farmgirl Sister 1575* * * It is often the bend in the road that makes life worth the drive * * *
Go to Top of Page

JThomp
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Justine
Raymore Missouri
USA
97 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  4:41:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the idea of having a board to just chat or ask question too. I am technologically challenged myself and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Ha ha ha ha.
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  5:46:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have no idea how to set up anything.I am totally clueless. I am blessed to actually get around here on the Connection.
Marlee
Go to Top of Page

pinkwitchy~farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Beverly
Lee's Summit MO
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  6:29:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How many of you have a Facebook account?

Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  03:25:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a facebook account, but my daughter set it up for me mainly to keep up with the grandkids.

LULU

Take care and write soon.

When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  04:30:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe Brenda and I could check with Brian re: new boards. I looked at the texas girls to see what you meant.
Hope all of you are doing good.

Blessings,
Linda

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  04:40:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okey dokey!!
Realized forums are all the same with every henhouse. The difference is the heart of texas is divided onto boards for various areas of Texas girls is all.

Brenda and I can maybe see about working on another SPG blog of fb that only our chapter members can access. We just want a 'safe' place and not everything online is as secure as the henhouse.

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  04:46:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol!
Hit send before I meant to!!

Anyway ladies, feel free to join in and start any new topic. Fun things, concerns, things to discuss, etc

Hugs,
Linda

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  06:48:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beverly the only reason there is a "main hen " is because it takes someone to start it. Actually linda connects more with Brian than I do. As far as I'm concerned we are all head hens. That's why I keep suggesting for ideas and interest. Just as you did, Beverly.I love something new. Thank you. And as far as a Facebook for the henhouse spot, don't we regulate who's a friend? And as to someone seeing what I have said, I would not be saying anything everyone shouldn't be reading. Well I've rattled on and probably have made no sense. Have a good day.

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  06:50:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And, I'm on Facebook also!

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  10:26:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol! You make perfect sense Brenda!!!

Maybe my daughter can help us set up a secure fb page for our chapter? I am on fb also, but I know many dont like it cuz they are not great at privacy issues. It would be easier for most of us to learn to post pics, etc if we have the newer cell phones? With my iphone, it is literally a couple clicks!!

Agree, we are all equal here ladies. Brenda and I set it up at the beginning and 'handle' the info and paper end!! Thats all.

Also, didnt get a newsletter out for Jan/feb. will be working on one for Mar/Apr?!
Any fun quotes, stories, easy crafts or recipes you would like to share?? Please email it to me do I can use it in our newsletter!!

Thank you,
Linda

Go to Top of Page

JThomp
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Justine
Raymore Missouri
USA
97 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  6:51:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am on Facebook too and that would work with me if it works for you girls. I'm flexible.
Go to Top of Page

pinkwitchy~farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Beverly
Lee's Summit MO
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  7:34:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've set up a FB page. It's just as if it were a person. The page name is Scattered Prairie Gals Henhouse. If you want to "friend" SPG, send an invite. I will set it as secure as possible. Anyone may have the password if they want it. I will send it in a FB message, just let me know. I've sent friend requests to Brenda & Linda. Check it out & let me know what you all think. :)

Go to Top of Page

JThomp
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Justine
Raymore Missouri
USA
97 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  7:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds good Beverly. Here is where I'll complicate things. I'll send my request but you'll see me come up as LeeAnne. It isn't some random person, that will be me.
Go to Top of Page

pinkwitchy~farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Beverly
Lee's Summit MO
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  7:54:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not going to personalize it & when it asked for birthdate...I just entered something :) No one can see what we say or pics we post....BUT, you must send a friend request through FB & be a friend to see anything or post anything on our page. And remember, it is OUR page :)

Go to Top of Page

pinkwitchy~farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Beverly
Lee's Summit MO
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  8:04:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I should have posted this 1st.

I understand about the head hen thing....but I knew Brenda &/or Linda communicate w/ Brian in regards to the henhouse. It would be awesome if we can add a board here.....that way everything is in the same place. If that can't be done....we have the FB page. Justine, I will try to find you on FB :)

Go to Top of Page

pinkwitchy~farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Beverly
Lee's Summit MO
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  8:15:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ladies, here is the link to the FB page. Some of us were having issues finding each other. Click the link & it'll take you straight to it :)

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100003549345374

Edited by - pinkwitchy~farmgirl on Feb 17 2012 8:16:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

JThomp
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Justine
Raymore Missouri
USA
97 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  8:23:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Beverly!
Go to Top of Page