darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2014 :  9:59:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi every one, We had a little rain today which won't matter too much at this time because it is getting very dry in the lakes they are starting to see cracks in the dirt in some of them. Tonight at Bible study we were talking about the lakes and the Fulsom Lake was that bad and they found a plane that had gone missing several years back with the occupants still in the plane. Pretty sad but they finally found it.

The Eel River where I live has trickles of water in it, you wouldn't even know it was a river.

I bet your cup of Cocoa or tea, is good tonight and it would be so good if we had a cup together and toasted with the cups.

Well have a good night ladies

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2014 :  02:39:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning,
Went down early, around 4 and stoked up the fire. Couldn't really get back to sleep so decided to work on my room. Tired of that so early in the morning and thought I'd put the kettle on a get a cup of tea to start the morning off. I just know as I go through my crafts I am going to want to start a hundred projects. Right now I don't have the time to do any. So I must be ruthless and sort.
We seem to have received some more snow last night. We are having a real winter here. We have lived here 24 years and this is the first one we have really had consistent cold and snowfall. It is okay and I would probably enjoy it more but with my dad here I know it is hard for him. He gets hardly any exercise except for taking his dogs out. With it being so cold he isn't very fond of doing that.
He has been spending some of his time making these cute little birdhouses. I was going to put them on Etsy but I don't know that they would sell very well there as they are all unique and not perfectly made. He has given a couple away to the grand kids, (his) mine are still too young. LOL!
I hope you all enjoy a wonderful day no matter your weather. If it is bad do stay safe and dry!

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2014 :  08:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie, I'll think about your comment the next time I cross the bridge. I don't know, looks awfully cold out there! Glad you had a "blast". As soon as the lake freezes, semi permanent shanties go on. I've often wonder how many trucks and shanties are at the bottom of lake Champlain. It's a beautiful lake. You all ought to come and visit. There is a new B&B that I hear is gorgeous. Nothing much in the town of Rouses Point (Borders Lake Champlain & Canada). It's where my quilt shop is, as a matter of fact I can see Canada from Fibre! So wish the village would get their act together. Rouses Point has so much potential.

Fabrics, yes I'm addicted. Color me Happy by V & Co is a nice line, come out in March 2014. Moda has come out with some gorgeous lines within the past year. I want them all! lol I'm in love with Scrumptious by Bonnie & Camille. I will say that I am quite puzzled by Me & My Sister's latest line "Weeds" (May 2014). It's blacks, greys and reds! Not something I would have expected from them.

Presently working on a cotton & wool quilt by Primitive Gatherings called Snow Friends. One more border to sew on and it's ready to be machine quilted. I love working with wool & so enjoyed making your stocking Julie.

As for leaving, there is a huge part of me that wants to stay, but I feel that it's not fair to you if I don't participate as often as many of you do. I have pockets of time where I can sit and chat and other times, like most of last year, it was horrible for me. Seemed I couldn't catch my breath. This year, I vowed to slow down and not rush like last year, think before I join a swap (had to many going last year making it difficult for me to keep up). Murphy's law, I'll have lots of time this year to chat and you all are going to want me to quiet down! LOL

Alright, I best be getting back to work. I do love my job, surrounded by gorgeous fabrics .... ah tis the life!

Stay warm everyone.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2014 :  5:23:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peggy, I'm with you, Tablet just lost my whole post on the Fireside Chat :( !!
Oh well, nothing important!
Hugs everyone
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1196 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1196 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2014 :  5:46:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Evening Girls,
Got the kitchen (such as it is) cleaned up and just sitting down for a cup of tea. I can't wait until I have water in the temporary sink (still waiting for the hoses) a counter top (keith cut me some plywood for now), the rest of my cabinets installed instead of sitting in the guest bedroom and a real floor, instead of plywood subfloor. I have certainly learned a little patience with this project.

Ruth, I hope you. Are staying warm and cozy. I know your not used to all the crazy weather your getting. How are your grandsons doing on patrol?

Carole we use the little houses too. I will not sit on a bucket on the ice, need at least some heat. My boys, not so much. I was wrong on the fabric I went crazy for it was Happy Go Lucky. I have seen the Color me Happy pre buy at Green Fairy Quilts. I went kind of crazy over the Scrumptious line in December. Bought several yard ages and the fat quarter bundle. Sure blew my fabric budget for awhile, but so worth it. Haven't been able to sew since we started the kitchen, so it just keeps calling me. I'm afraid if I came to visit you Carole, I wouldn't leave your shop. I would just want to fondle fabric the whole time. We will take your pockets of time Carole, you don't need to feel your shorting anyone. You give and do what you can. We all know what it feels like to be overwhelmed with life. No, I don't think we will want you to quite down, we will enjoy having you sit by the fire when you can. Bring your wool projects, if they are as pretty as the stocking you made me I know it is beautiful.

Denise, I have a hard time getting rid of craft projects, but sometimes I have to be honest with myself and know I will never have time to finish everything I would like too. Si off it goes to a good home.

Darlene, I pray you get rain soon. California provides so much food for this country, if the drought keeps up we could all feel that at the grocery store.

Marlee and Sherry where are you two, I have spare rockers for you right next to the fire.

Time to work on my towel for a bit. Have a great evening girls

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1250 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1250 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2014 :  6:25:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Julie and the rest of the girls, I'm here. Shelby was just had a little to much energy today and no nap. I know she is getting older (she will be 3 in March) will not always take a nap everyday, but I like her to, it gives me a few minutes to get some things done. I have been working on my Secret Sister gifts, an ATC swap, and Valentine Day cards. So I will not feel so behind. Plus I need to make a few new items for the Vintage Soul (a little shop were Markie and I have a booth) cute little shop. So always thinking and looking for new things to do. I wish I could just come and sit in a rocker with all of you and just relax for a little while. Been cold here, for us here in Texas, we did not get any snow but they did south of us. Tomorrow is suppose to be in the 60's and for the next couple of days. Wish you all were here. Thanks for listening to me ramble. Take care everyone.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2014 :  04:33:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning ladies!
I'm late to this chat but here goes.

It's really cold out so I'm about to make a lovely cup of coffee. Will put on some warm slipper socks on my feet and enjoy my coffee in my rocking chair.
I will open the blinds to the balcony slider door and enjoy watching the sun come around to begin the day.

I have been enjoying my week. Was determined to begin a kind of schedule and get some things accomplished each day and become a bit more organized. It's working and I'm so enjoying the process !!

Have some swaps to work on soon too, so I will enjoy that!

Hope each of you have a wonderful start to your day!

Blessings,
Linda

Blessings, Linda Always a ranch and farmgirl in my heart! Romans 8:28
http://www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1196 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1196 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2014 :  5:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Evening Girls,
Linda no one is ever late to the fire side. The chairs are always here for who ever happens to stop by and we are so glad you have joined us.

Sherry, aren't almost 3 year olds a bundle of energy. Even at 5 and 6 the girls wear me out by the end of the day. I sure wish I was there too, not only to sit and visit, but to enjoy those warm temps of yours. 60 would be heaven, heck above zero would be heaven too.

I spent the day in the office. YUK! Not only had it become a dumping ground since we started the kitchen project, I also had a lot of filing to do, end of the month bills to pay and since we are selling calves in a few weeks had paper work to get done for that too.

So now I have my cup of tea, my favorite quilt over my lap and a project to work on. Can't tell you what it is though, my secret sister might be reading :). Hope you all join me tonight for a visit, I can talk and work on this at the same time.

Hugs
Julie

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1250 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1250 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2014 :  7:25:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening Julie, Did not get quite 60 today the weatherman missed it a little bit. It made it to 45. Spent lots of time in my kitchen today, had some apples I made into a apple spice cake and when I said cake the first thing Shelby wants are cupcakes. So made a batch of those too. Always have my husband for lunch , he only works about a half a mile from the house. So wish you were here to share a piece of cake and a cup of tea. Or cupcake. Enjoy your evening girls.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2014 :  08:04:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Working on a sewing lesson with Granddaughter today. She is making a gift for her Dad's birthday. Her dad and brother share the same birthday. It was originally scheduled for my dh birthday for a c section but since it is only one day before they scheduled for his dad's. So anyway, we celebrate them all 3 together and this year the birthdays fall on Super Bowl Sunday. We will see how this project comes out. Her mom has been teaching her to crochet. She made a hat for her doll baby and did an exceptional job. Hoping we can teach her to knit too!
The fireside is not too warm today as out temps have gone up a little bit. I believe it is supposed to be in the 40's today. Was -6 when we got up yesterday so it feels much better.
Put away my snowmen at last and got out my Valentine decorations. Got to get moving on my cards and things. Have another birthday, brother to the little guy and granddaughter, on the 16th. Fortunately I have managed to get a hold on the birthdays so far.
Hope I can keep it up and still participate in some outside things and birthdays. I have not been good at all at getting cards out to my sister hens here for birthdays and such. Life gets so fr ahead of me sometimes I feel like I am always bringing up the rear. LOL!

Need to scoot hope everyone is having a lovely day! Thinking of you all and our sweet Mama hen too!

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2014 :  10:42:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning every one, I hope you are being treated to a good and warmer day, We have sun and coolness today, Our rain was very small.
I went to the post office and mailed all my packages and it cleared out the room made me feel better anyway, then went down to the meat market and showed my grandbabies pictures of their Christmas pictures of them turning 2 on the 30th. They were so cute. I guess I will get some things done around the house and maybe work on a craft today... I got lucky the other day, because in the Post Office someone left a box of VHS tapes and they were the Dick Van Dyke show. That will give me something to watch for quite a while and I am working on a Christian Mystery called the Reluctant Witness. It is pretty good.

Linda I sent you an email.

Well just thought I would touch base here, and send you warm hugs and love.

darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Jan 31 2014 10:44:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2014 :  7:34:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, i am spending the weekend with my daughters. Love my "girl" time. Don't know what we are doing tomorrow. Right now we are all piled up with blankets watching " Eat, Pray, Love. Youngest daughter is sleeping. Her hubby should be home from work soon.
Our snow is almost gone and the Atlanta roadways are clear, however traffic was terrible heading South today. I saw lots of people heading South, from Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio, Onterio, Quebec, Kentucky, and other states , also lots of people heading back to Florida.
Good night gals, going to finish watching this movie.
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2014 :  7:51:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi My Fireside Friends...got my Laptop fixed and back last night. I am so tired from the two week Kitchen
Renovation and it is almost finished. But I sm so exhausted I'm dragging my lips on the ground. LOL I had a
friend help me pack it all up two weeks ago and it only took us two and a half hours. But my Fibro has been flaring and
my friend is sick...and it has taken me 3 days to get it all back together. Only have two huge cabinets to
put shelfing paper in and then refill with my decorating things. Probably a couple more hours tomorrow.
My new stove won't come until the end of February but then it will be complete. This is an Apartment Kitchen and
it had to be done because of a leak in the walls that developed Black Mold. Actually God really blessed because
they decided to just re-do the whole Kitchen instead of just the one wall. Nobody else in this complex has a
complete updated kitchen but me. I do not take that for granted...but rather Praise God...because I prayed about
it and just got Bold and Kept asking for more and more and they agreed. That was a GOD THING girls. He is Crazy Good!
And on top of getting everything I wanted they compensated us for the mess and headache by knocking half off our rent
for February. Only God! ~ When we moved in here a year and a half ago...the only thing I hated about this place was
the Old School Kitchen and the crumby Apartment Carpeting. I hate carpet...I am a hardwood floors girl. So, maybe in
6 months I will ask for new carpet...they already said no on Laminate Flooring...Oh well can't have it all. (+:

We have been blessed with a very mild winter here. I feel so bad for all you girls with really cold and snowy/icy weather. We haven't even gotten all our usual rain here. We are down about 8 inches for the Winter...and near by
California is in a drought crisis. And both California, WA, and Oregon are already having severe fires...how crazy is
that?

OK...my Hennies...I need to go work on Mail Art but just had to check in. I read everyone's comments but don't have
the energy to address you all individually. Just know there are many hugs and prayers going out for all of you.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  08:13:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning ladies. I am now back from my Florida trip mainly to see my 15-month old granddaughter. While I was gone I had been watching the weather; terrible everywhere! My layover in Charlotte was great but I never thought things would go so smoothly as it did! I hope the weather near everyone is calming down as its been a rough winter for everyone in the country. Maybe now that its February, things will be better weatherwise with the promise of a new month!
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1196 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1196 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  09:02:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Home Sue! Glad you have joined us at the fireside. Peggy and Ruth we are happy to have you pull up a couple of these rockers that don't get used nearly as much.

Just got off the phone with our mama hen. She is doing well, snowed in right now, but looking forward to having Kent home until the weather breaks, the Super Bowl and today she is going to try to crochet. She sends her love to all.

Today I have plans to paint the inside of the dining room closet. I hate painting, but since I had to move everything out of it for the electrician to get into the attic I could just as well spruce it up a bit before I put things back. I need to get my seed order finished too and get it in the mail. At least I can dream of spring.

Have a great day girls!
Hugs
Julie

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  1:45:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sue I am glad your home, hope you have a good day!

Julie thanks for the rocking chair, nothing like a good old rocking to relax you. It is great to be by the fire there beside you and it is warming too. It is cold here today on North Coast, my fingers are freezing typing here.

Have a great Saturday!

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  4:40:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
The fire is still going in the stove and I am enjoying it. I have had a long day. I spent most of it cleaning and sorting and re-arranging the pantry. Always feels better when that job is done.

I need to get the birthday gifts wrapped for the party we are having tomorrow. Superbowl/ birthdays. I always love getting things cleaned up but then I am to tired out to do any handwork. I have lots of projects I want get to work on. Hoping for some time soon. Planning a lunch date with my oldest dd on Tuesday. Looking forward to it. We see each other but don't get a chance to go off for some girl time away from hubbies and the dear little grands. Love them but need some mom/daughter time.
Gonna scoot. Have a good evening everyone!

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  7:22:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, i am spending the weekend with my daughters. Love my "girl" time. Don't know what we are doing tomorrow. Right now we are all piled up with blankets watching " Eat, Pray, Love. Youngest daughter is sleeping. Her hubby should be home from work soon.
Our snow is almost gone and the Atlanta roadways are clear, however traffic was terrible heading South today. I saw lots of people heading South, from Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio, Onterio, Quebec, Kentucky, and other states , also lots of people heading back to Florida.
Good night gals, going to finish watching this movie.
Hugs, Ruth
I typed this last night but it doesn't look like it sent!! Spent the day shopping with my girls....fun times :)

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  8:47:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you are having a wonderful time Ruth. Have a good night and stay warm and dry.

hugs and blessings

darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3855 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3855 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  10:29:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your Mama Hen was up early this morning, sitting in front of the fire relearning to crochet for the second day, basically one handed with only her right fingers guiding her. It is a challenge she says but she is doing it and is tickled pink, she has done 4 rows on my "Detroit Red Wing" red and white scarf, slower she said but so happy she can crochet.
She misses all of you and your fireside chats, but I will write for her until I go home and she reads checks in to catch up in her HH at least once a day so she reads your posts. She is enjoying all of your post and is so happy that all of you are stopping by to chat when you can.
Mom says that she is still receiving cards of love, caring and packages from her Chickies in the HH she is so appreciative. Did everyone know my Mom lives for her farmgirl mail? Something you may not know about her, she loves cards. My Mom has been saving every card she has ever received since she was young, yes we have boxes and albums full, she will only put her cards in vintage photo albums, which is a challenge to find. So, we are always on the hunt for old albums. Now she tells me she needs a couple vintage albums for her HH cards, so guess what I will be doing from now until her birthday? Between you and me if you ever find an old album or two pick it up for me, email me and let me know the total, I will send you the money for them, I think she will need more than a couple:-) My email address is hawkheli@gmail.com, so let me know if you find any.

Time to get Mom's vegie tray ready for the game. GO BRONCOS!

Stay Warm,
Kent

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

"BE KIND TO PEOPLE BECAUSE EVERYBODY YOU KNOW IS ENGAGED IN REALLY TOUGH BATTLES."

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Feb 02 2014 10:34:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  2:07:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

kent,
Have a good time watching the Game with your family.
Debbie enjoy your recouperation and crocheting.

hugs and blessings
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  7:26:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here I am Julie, just got home . Staying with any elderly lady the weekend , she has Dementia and Alheimers( I know that's not the correct spelling. We had rain today and now it is cold. I am going to have to go back and read to catch up. I definitely need hot tea and some Sherry's cookies or whatever is on the table. I quess we will see some more cold . Phil saw his shadow . Hope I got that right.
Thank you Kent for letting us know how Mama Hen thought and prayers for her.

My house is a total disaster right now, changing things around, purging, Oh when I got home at 5 saw a cake on the counter, white cake with strawberry icing. My hubby made it. Good!!!!

Well I am going to bed. But will be back later. Goodnight sisters.

HUGS Marlee
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  7:30:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Marlee, I hope you had a good Sunday, Mine was good but quiet.

What kind of cookies did Sherry make? I want one and a good cup of tea too!
Happy Ground Hog's Day everyone.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1196 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1196 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  8:15:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Girls,
It's late but the fire is dying down and thought before I head upstairs I would say good night. Mama Hen, I am sorry the game was such a blow out. I didn't even see to many good commercials, but I wasn't really paying attention either. Marlee I think Sherry's cookies are all gone, but I made red velvet cupcakes today with cream cheese frosting, grab a napkin though I added a little to much milk to it and the frosting got runny and was out of powdered suger.Darlene I have a cup of tea for you right here.

I love quiet Sundays, spent the day reading, taking a nap and a little cooking. Now I am going to crawl in bed and read some more.

Good night my friends,
Hugs
Julie

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2014 :  02:57:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning!
Got up early and stoked the fire. We are having a quiet rain this morning. Supposed to get another round of snow this afternoon or tonight I think.

I managed to get some more knitting done while the game was on last night. My dd brought over a big pan of garlic hot wings a crock pot full of honey bbq wings and a pan of ribs. I did a veggie tray and we had birthday cakes. It was lots of fun though we women and the kids didn't watch the game.
The kids put puzzles together and played with the little ones new toys. My granddaughter spent a lot time sitting with my dad watching some television. Overall it was a very nice time. Of course since the game was going the direction is was the guys gave up and the kids left and went home so I watched Downton Abbey.

I so enjoy these quiet times in the morning when getting up before everyone else.
I have lots to do today so won't spend to much time on the computer.

Great to hear Debbie is doing well. Hope she will be back in the swing of things soon here in the hen house.

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Feb 03 2014 03:00:10 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside Chat Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic