Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Poor House Farm Girls
 Book Discussions
 What page are you on???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Book Discussions: Previous Topic What page are you on???   

Daizy
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  5:56:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hay there!! I read several books at a time. One is always in my bag that goes with me to the car. One is by the bed and one is on my desk. I also read several cattle magazines to stay up on things here on the ranch. At the present I am studying for a couple of exams to get certified in the beef industry.

What are you reading??

PHR Farmgirl

rksmith
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  10:56:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also read several things at the time. Right now I'm reading my MJF magazine, Martha Stewart Living, Cesar's Rules, Cultural Anthropology, Eternal Egypt, The Ancient Egyptian Prayer Book (again), and working on my ABLA biz & life workbooks/calendars. Not to mention the pdfs I am working on!. I am waiting (on pins & needles) for my glass magazines and drill engraving book to get here.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://rachelsmithhhp.com

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2014 :  1:13:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! I'm always reading. I'm currently working on a Proverbs 31 study and Easter study through Good Morning Girls blog. Plus, MJF, Backhome Woods mag, Countryside mag, and Mother Earth News. I pick of a Christian fiction novel every so often, too. We go to the library frequently since we homeschool. I've always got something.

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Rebecca
Bradenton Florida
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2014 :  8:10:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I only have time for school books. However, taking classes in Literature I have read a few books this past Spring. Quite a selection to say the least. Ethan Frome, Summer(Which is my essay paper on), The Great Gatsby, UBIK, The Sun Also Rises, Lolita (which was a sick book). I have two more to read before the semester ends. Summer classes is also Literature so until the end of June it is school books. Then I shall have the time and pleasure of reading for fun. I have so many books in my Kindle that I have no idea which one is first. LOL
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2014 :  3:53:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am RE-starting the book Blogging for Bliss. It is the required reading book for the badge and I need to finish it and move on to other things. I enjoy reading at night but sometimes fall asleep doing that. Has anyone read this book yet??

Hugs and prayers, Daizy

PHR Farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

ijjie
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Joan
Knoxville TN
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2014 :  1:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just started reading it as well. Have you been blogging much? I have had a few blogs, but was never happy with the layout and look of them. So hope to learn some good tips from the book to put into action. The other problem is, I start off strong, but then find "time" to post regularily a problem.

Joan
Farmgirl #849
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Rebecca
Bradenton Florida
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2014 :  4:56:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have read the book. Once school is out I am going to start my blog and earn my intermediate badge. It was a very good read and had lots of information in it.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

Logan Landing Chick
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Catherine
Alpine Alabama
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2014 :  9:15:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just read To Kill a Mocking Bird. My magazines are MJF, Sew, Artist, HGTV, and Country Woman. Named my new 3 lb. Dog Dill Harris after the little boy who visits every summer in To Kill a Mockingbird. Also read all dog breeder and dog grooming materials that I can get my hand on as I just earned my grooming certification. Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful reading ideas sisters. I find reading such a joy now that I an retired!

Happy glamping!!!
Go to Top of Page

carolj
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2014 :  1:36:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As an English teacher, it is my privilege to be forced to read things I probably never would. I do love To Kill a Mocking Bird, and The Scarlet Letter is one of my favorites. I must confess that I do not read enough non-fiction which is why I'm currently reading Island of the Colorblind by Oliver Sachs. I am looking forward to reading all the "fluff" I can when summer comes. Have any of you read Earlene Fowler or Jan Karon's Mitford series? I highly recommend both the author and the series.

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Sow what you want to reap.
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2014 :  07:26:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hay there,

Mz Carol, are you reading "fluff" yet?

What is the book, in hand, right now?

I am enjoying Fields of Farmers by Joel Salatin. I haven't had very much time to read but I have got past the introduction!!

Hugs and prayers, Daizy

PHR Farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

carolj
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2014 :  12:31:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've returned to a collection of short stories by Rosamund Pilcher. I can read one a night just before turning of the light. Soon I will be re-reading the three books my students were required to read this summer. Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis is her story about living in Uganda and working with the children there. Juniors are required to read The Great Gatsby, and seniors have to read How to Read Literature like a Professor. I'm on the list for two book swaps and hope they come soon. I'm always grateful to my parents who instilled a love of reading at a very early age.

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Sow what you want to reap.
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2014 :  3:33:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've started reading Weight loss for people who feel too much (VERY interesting), 12th Planet, and a couple of books on learning how to read Egyptian hieroglyphs.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://rachelsmithhhp.com

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page
  Book Discussions: Previous Topic What page are you on???   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page