carolj
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2014 :  2:49:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a school teacher, I always count the beginning of school as my new year. This includes making resolutions and plans just as we all do in January. I've also noticed that most churches follow this format as well with new programs beginning in the fall. Taking this idea one step further, I would like to see our hen house be a bit more "formal" in the way we do things. If we were all in town together, we would have a regular meeting time. Are there any other virtual chapters up and running? How do they manage this? I've really enjoyed chatting occasionally with Rachel, but would also like to get to know more of you. I find I do better carrying out my plans with some gentle encouragement and accountability. Any thoughts?

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Sow what you want to reap.

Daizy
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2014 :  04:47:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hay there, Mz Carol,

I think we are the only virtual Hen House on here and I, too, would like to be more "formal" as you put it. I have many chores on my plate but do try to check in from time to time and respond to anyone that is on or has been on. I created the virtual chapter for those of us that can't find others in our areas to meet with.....so we are not the "normal" chapter. I would like to become more of a regular and hope everyone else will also. I am about to complete my binder to post photos of. I am also about to send in for a few more badges that I have been working on......some have taken all summer such as my garden, my poor garden!!

What would you like to see as we go forward?? Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Hugs and prayers, Daizy

PHR Farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

carolj
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2014 :  04:54:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More posts from our members. I've got to learn to upload pictures because I enjoy seeing the work others are doing. Maybe we could each post some kind of goal at the beginning of the month and a report of progress by month's end. I don't want to have this be regimented. It would just be nice to see more involvement including my own.

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Go to Top of Page

rksmith
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2014 :  09:11:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More involvement would be fabulous! I like your idea, Carol, of posting a goal for the month and giving updates or seeking encouragement or advice even. I would enjoy getting to know more about our sisters.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://rachelsmithhhp.com

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2014 :  04:31:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the monthly goal suggestion. What should we make the first goal be and what is the end date. August is well on its way but it could be our first month. Ok, my goal is to finish and add a photo of my binder....by the end of AUGUST !!! I am writing it in my date book. Ok, is that a goal everyone wants to do or do we make separate/individual goals?

Hugs and prayers, Daizy

PHR Farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

carolj
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2014 :  11:31:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that's a fine goal. My binder is finished, but I must learn how to post pictures. Put me down for the August 31 deadline as well. I do think separate/individual goals are appropriate, especially for this month. I hope others will way in as Daizy and Rachel are wont to do.

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Go to Top of Page

rksmith
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2014 :  10:28:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carol, I post pictures from the "Quick Reply" box. Just click on the little box with the arrow pointing up with what looks like a mountain beside it. It will open up a new little window with a button that says "choose file" click that, go to whatever folder you have your photos in on your computer and click the photo you want to add, then click the "upload" button and it will add your photo as a link to the box. If you click "preview reply" you it will show the photos and how it will look once you hit "submit reply". Hope that helps!

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://rachelsmithhhp.com

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

carolj
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2014 :  4:28:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tutorial. I'll give it a try.

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic a new year Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page