Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic How is everyone? Next Topic  

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2014 :  3:49:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been pretty quiet in the henhouse. Was just wondering how everyone has been doing? What is everyone up to these days?

Do many of you have a lot of snow?
We got about 2 inches here in Ks. Temps warmed up the last few days and it's melting fast :)

Hope to hear how everyone is doing!

Hugs,
Linda

Blessings, Linda Always a ranch and farmgirl in my heart! Romans 8:28
http://grannysbirds.blogspot.com/

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6001 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6001 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2014 :  8:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have been getting rain today but later the sun came out, that was nice.
I guess the mountains between here and Washington got snow, I guess I will see that when I go up there.

hugs and stay warm out there
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3457 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3457 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2014 :  05:39:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems like I am always busy doing one thing or another these days! We have had a beautiful November here in Florida with cool sunny days. This past week, however, we had some of the bitter cold reach this far south and my little green beans in my fall garden had some leaves zapped! The kale, broccoli and collards are just fine. It seems like my efforts at a fall garden are easier because there are fewer pests. But, the only place I have to garden gets less sunlight in the fall so things grow slower. My Satsuma orange tree is loaded down this year with big bright oranges. The recent cold weather has sweetened them and now they are ready to start enjoying. We have so many this year that I will be able to share!

It is hard to believe that next week is Thanksgiving and then comes December! It seems like October and November just flew by so quickly. Are all of you ready for Thanksgiving? Our tradition is to go to a friend's house in Tallahassee and he does all the cooking. Then he comes here for Christmas and I do all the cooking. I did , however, purchase a small turkey to cook over the weekend so we can enjoy leftovers and Turkey soup!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2014 :  07:11:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Winnie! Glad you are having fun with a fall garden :)

I'm not ready at all for holidays this year. It's been a tough year and I'm actually looking more forward to the New Year.......a fresh start if you will :)

Will be going to my daughter's for Thanksgiving. I hope to get a small turkey mysel just to prepare and have the leftover sandwiches, soup etc! It's my favorite thing :)
Hugs to everyone!
Linda

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2014 :  07:12:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene,
Glad you are getting some rain out west! It's been needed so badly!!

Hugs,
Linda

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2014 :  08:23:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Attempting to catch up from being away on vacation for a week. So much to do!

Winnie, I left the day the cold front was moving in. Friday was the only day we did not get to swim. We had such wonderful weather, it was perfect. Of course we came home to brrrr!

We are going to MA for Thanksgiving. It's a family tradition, all the family (cousins, brothers), on my MIL's side come and we have a wonderful meal. Where we celebrate alternates between cousins. We are usually around 30 sitting at the table. The next day we have a family outing, usually a hike, cutting down a tree(s) or whatever. Not sure what we are doing this time, lately it's been the ritual to cut a tree on the hostess' yard. lol

Two years ago Thanksgiving was at my home and we took down 2 trees (sugar maples) that were leaning too close towards the house. My Dh made cutting boards for those that helped from the trees with an inscription Thanksgiving 2011 and brought them to last year celebration, which was in NJ (no tree cutting but a wonderful hike in a park). They were such a hit! That year we were over 45 people due to my cousin's DH side of the family! They all volunteered to cut trees! lol I love Thanksgiving.

We are having turkey this weekend so that we may have some left over! My MIL makes this amazing turkey soup every year, it's her routine no matter where it is held, and it is coveted! lol I want my own turkey soup! lol

Thank you for allowing me to share. It's really the small things in life that make you joyful! So grateful!

Enjoy our day!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Nov 21 2014 08:28:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2014 :  09:35:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole,
I love that!! Sounds like such a fun and beautiful time for your family!!

Thank you for sharing :)

Hugs to all

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6001 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6001 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2014 :  1:43:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a small turkey given to me yesterday and was going to cook it frozen in the oven. The oven didn't work. I hardly ever use it. So I put it in a big pot on the stove, it tried to burn, so I moved it to a roaster with water in it and cooked it on top of the stove , well it is cooking and now I have it in pieces in two pots boiling away. Such fun! The funny thing about this when I started to peel the plastic off of the turkey, I put the knife in the to cut it and there was this dark brown substance flowing out of the turkey, and I thought what kind of turkey did they give me, it was packaged gravy, I finally got it out and saved some of it. Interesting day I must say. I will take some of it with me on my trip. My sad part is that my oldest daughter isn't going to be able to go she has a cold and don't want to give it to the babies. I will miss her up there. Oh well I will see her some other time.

Anyway, our weather is rainy again, I hope it clears up when I go for Sunday.

And I finally got my hair colored, yay!

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Nov 21 2014 1:43:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2014 :  2:41:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, I had to smile.......remembering a time when my stove broke so we slow cooked the turkey, all wrapped in foil, on the BBQ.
Honestly a great yummy turkey tho!!
Hope all turns out yummy for you too! You will have some great stock for sure!!

Hope you enjoy your trip!!

Blessings everybody!

Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic How is everyone? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page