Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Fireside Chat - January 2015
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside Chat - January 2015 Next Topic  

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2015 :  5:19:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year everyone!

A bit behind with inventory and all! What a job!

So what does everyone think of a monthly chat post? Do you like it? Would you rather go back to the way it was before? How about doing a yearly chat as opposed to a monthly one. Let me know what you think. It's our group and everyone's opinion counts!

So what has everyone been up to?

Besides work, not much to report on. We are presently experiencing a snow storm that should turn into rain later on during the night. I wish it would stay as snow! Oh well.

Take care!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Jan 08 2015 08:00:29 AM

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  2:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the monthly chat :)

It's snowy and soooo cold here.....brrrr!

Life has been pretty quiet lately. Disc/back issues in a manageable pain mode at the moment and I'm very thankful!

How is everyone? Where is everyone?

Blessings,
Linda

Blessings, Linda Always a ranch and farmgirl in my heart! Romans 8:28
http://grannysbirds.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  4:02:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm here, just posted that I have been busy! Being unable to get around for over two months, things kind of went undone, so I am playing catch up! I start PT on Thursday morning, which is going to be very, very cold for us here in North Georgia. Saying 5 degrees, with wind chill - 14. Not used to that!! I had sheets hanging out on the line today, love the smell of sheets hung out - ahhh! So it will be quite a change in temps! No snow, just cold and windy! Have to get my outside birdies all taken care of tomorrow for sure. We have a heated birdbath, and they all line up to use it, it's quite comical.
Hope everyone is doing well so far in this new year! Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  4:30:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best of luck Ruth for continued healing!

I so get 'playing catch up' . Not sure I ever will get caught up. Seems an uphill battle sometimes lol!!

Stay warm everyone!

Hugs,
Linda

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  9:38:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ruth
I would love to see your birds and the heated birdbath, so cute,
That is entirely to cold for me. you take care and stay warm when you do therapy.

Linda you stay warm where you are too!

Hi Carole have a good evening.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2015 :  05:52:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, hope everyone is doing well. Thank you for all the prayers for hubby his burns are healing. We are having cold cold weather. And guess what? Heater went out in my car. I used my hubby monster truck that I have to jump into. Hubby asked me do I need a ladder? LOL! Hope you all stay warm. Hot chocolate with a Reese's cup in the bottom is calling my name! So will talk later!!!!

Hugs Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2015 :  06:20:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all! Good to hear that hubby is doing better!
It is crazy cold here too! A whopping 10 that feels like -10 with the chill factor!

Stay warm all!

Hugs,
Linda

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2015 :  08:07:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

Good to see you here. It cheers me up to read your post! I need to stay away from the news. All this violence is not good for me. I'm way too sensitive.

Ruth, good to read that you are getting around. Please make sure to not over do it!

Thank you Darlene for thinking of me!

Marlee, glad to read that hubby is doing better. Oh ... that hot chocolate sounds delicious ... I need me one of those!

I continue to be busy with Fibre. I like to have everything button up by mid January so that I can give everything to my accountant and no longer have to deal with it. Guess what I'll be doing after this post? lol Well, I do need to post one more thing before I get to work.

Do any of you make New Year resolutions? If so would you mind sharing them?

I have decided that this year will be a year I take care of myself. I have been pushing myself way too much and it has taken it's tole on my health. So now I make it a point to be in bed by 11:00 p.m. the latest and I can read for an hour (Yea, reading is back on my to do list - I really missed it). I am also setting boundaries, one involving my work, which is my hobby - my escape, and .... I'm also going to be more focused. For the past few years I've been all over the place attempting to get it all done, which rarely happens and all I have to show is a big pile of do do! lol

Well, I best get going on that other post I would like to write. Catch you all later!

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Jan 08 2015 08:10:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2015 :  12:17:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never make resolutions, I never keep them.
Yours sounds good Carole, and your quilting is great I am sure.
I have been zentangling still, it is going to be a bit it is a full size card stock.
Well take care,

blessings and Happy New Year!

darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2015 :  1:38:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I stopped resolutions awhile back. Same thing, I end up not keeping them. :)

Hugs,
Linda

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2015 :  1:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like to make a few broad resolutions in my special journal and then periodically review them to see where I am at. Some I complete, some are works in progress, and others don't get done. What I like about writing them out, is that they give me a time to focus on some things that I keep thinking about but don't make a plan to actually do. Somehow writing them out helps me to own them and be more focused on setting up a plan to get them done. It sort of makes the ideas more concrete if you know what I mean. Instead of resolutions , I refer to them as goals. If they are important enough to keeping thinking about, then I figure they are important enough to set up some sort of action plan to see if I can make some progress.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  08:04:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, I like your idea of writing it down. You are right, it does make one more focused.

I'm still attempting to keep focusing on taking care of myself. Boy, I'll tell you, this going to bed early sure cuts a lot of time off my the day! lol Seems I don't accomplish as much as I would like. I don't know if it's because I'm just not used to going to bed early (11:00) but I'm having a difficult time falling asleep. Tossing and turning .... then again, it could be my age.

It has certainly been cold around here. Lots of -13 days.

On Friday I went out to eat with a group of friend. It's our annual holiday dinner. Always fun! However, I came back from my evening with the news of a horrible fire in our neighborhood. A school down the road from us caught fire. Thankfully it was not in use, but none the less ... St Mary's Academy, which was a private Catholic school, had closed its doors a few years ago. Part of it was used for storage, (they have a huge bazaar/fair on Memorial day), bible study and catechism and it was also used by the boy scouts and a weekly Zumba class. It was an history building affiliated with St Mary's church, which goes way back ....

Picture posted by Deidre M. Duffina on the Village of Champlain FB page

It's a total loss. The volunteer fire department (from many towns around us including Quebec, Canada) were barely able to contain it. They had to break the ice on the Chazy River to get access to more water. It was horribly cold and quite windy. So thankful for all volunteer fire department.

So what are you up to today?

Myself, given that it's a sweltering 36, I'm going for a walk with dd. We'll go by St Mary's academy and see what it looks like in the day.

Enjoy your day!

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on Jan 18 2015 08:07:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  3:57:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow that is sad about the fire. I am glad everyone was safe and it is sad to lose a building like that.
You take care Carole and get your rest.

Have a good day tomorrow.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2015 :  07:49:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

Brrrrrr...! It's a cold one today. That wind is just a freeze!

Despite the cold freezing weather, here I sit eating Italian ice! Yea, you read right! Colonoscopy tomorrow! Oh joy! I just cannot wait to drink that gallon and a half of liquid waiting for me in the fridge! I'm suppose to drink the last glass 6 hours before my procedure. I really don't think they want you to sleep the night before! lol

Lots of lovely swaps going on. Thank you ladies for coming up with those. I've been thinking of a swap, but I haven't figured it all out yet!

Hope you are all keeping warm. Cheers!

Carole

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2015 :  11:30:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carole,
Keep warm and good luck on your colonoscopy.
there is a lot to hosting a swap sometimes depending on the swap and how long and complex it is going to be.
I think it just flows from there depending on what the swappers want to do for it or not.
It is fun though.

hugs and take care
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  5:23:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everyone in the blizzard storm areas please be safe!!

Hugs,
Linda

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  7:17:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I will put you all in my prayers, I sounds like Massachusetts was really in for a bad one. They were banning traffic on the roads after Midnight,
So please take care and stay safe and warm and prepared.

Blessings
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2015 :  08:47:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone,

Anyone experiencing a blizzard? Not us in the way northeast! I do wish we would have a good storm. I love snow storms. It is so calm and peaceful. My in-laws who live in MA are experiencing the "storm of the century". So far they are knee deep and all is well. Just spoke with them to make sure all was good. They are enjoying a "snow day" - they do meals on wheels and volunteer at the library. Every thing is shut down, no one is allowed to be on the roads except emergency vehicles and snow removal crew. That's how it should be! Everyone home and safe! Makes for a great quilting day!

So how are you all doing?

Off to get my day started. Enjoy your day! Cheers!

Carole

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2015 :  9:18:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boy the east coast has gotten its share of snow this year, I remember a few months ago when they had photos of the 6foot snow or higher in the New York area, imagine the quiet of that one.

I remember that when I lived in Colorado, The silence is something else.

Stay safe out there.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  4:08:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My sister and her family live in Scituate, MA. They were hit hard, but they are all safe and sound! My Nephew is a Fireman and was on duty yesterday, he had a busy day, but nothing serious. Everyone did what they were supposed to do, stayed off the roads so the Emergency personnel and snow plows could do their jobs. Thankful this one is over, now the clean up!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  8:02:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is great to hear!
The photo above is what everyone woke up to today in Fortuna which is about 7 miles from here. The building was totaled but the buildings next to them were saved. Thank God for all of the Fire Departments that were there to fight it. Ours from Loleta was there helping out. We have some very good First Responders in our County.

It is so scarey because those were very old Redwood buildings and my town has a lot of those as well.

Than later today about 1:18 I was sitting here at the computer and a sneaky quiet Earthquake came sneaking in and then went big to 5.8 and then went out as sneaky as it came in. It was a very quiet one.
So that is all in the day of our area.
I am here and thanks be to God for that.

Our sunset tonight was beautiful with purples pinks and mauves.

Have a quiet safe evening
hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Jan 28 2015 8:18:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2015 :  07:00:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Darlene! Glad the fire department were able to keep the fire under control.

So, does one ever get used to earthquakes? I'm just curious! We have some where I live. Believe it or not we are on a fault line here in way Northeast NY, but we rarely get any earthquakes and when we do, they are very minor. Not a complaint here, just thankful!

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on Jan 29 2015 09:22:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2015 :  08:57:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carole,
I don't think you can ever get used to an earthquake because you never know if it is just a little one or it is going to grow.
You try to ride it out and keep safe and try not to let your nerves get rattled, mine got rattled yesterday.

My daughter likes them I don't.
My first earthquake was in Colorado at 1 in the morning, not fun. I felt two big ones there.
You just deal with it and keep going, and thank God you ok

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside Chat - January 2015 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page