Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Fireside Chat - February 2015
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside Chat - February 2015 Next Topic
Page: of 2

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  2:02:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So how are you all doing!

Here in way up Northeast, we are enjoying a snow storm. It is so pretty on the inside and so bitter cold on the outside. It was -6 the last time I checked and I do not think it's gone up in temperature.

What are you all up to these days? Any snow storms your way?

Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2015 :  05:31:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning!
We had a very light dusting of snow yesterday afternoon. It was sooooo cold out there and is this morning as well!

I am personally looking forward to spring and will start some seedlings indoors this week!

Hope everyone is doing well
Hugs,
Linda

Blessings, Linda Always a ranch and farmgirl in my heart! Romans 8:28
http://grannysbirds.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6000 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6000 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2015 :  10:47:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, It is an ok day with high winds, maybe expecting a lot of rain this weekend.

I am achy, the pressure is high but I am good.

You take care out there

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  08:14:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

We are presently enjoying a gorgeous snow day! It's actually pleasantly cold out there, no wind just a nice snow fall - fluffy snow! Took care of my wild birds this morning. Having been so cold for the past couple of weeks, they require lots of energy. I always make sure the feeder is full and the water is fresh in the birth bath. I love my wild birds!

What are you up to today?

I'm so pleased that I do not have to go anywhere, nothing urgent needs to be taken care of. It's going to be a relaxing day for me. I may or may not do some machine quilting. I do have a couple of quilts that needs to be quilted. We'll see! I just want to enjoy the day!

Take it easy everyone! Cheers!

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6000 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6000 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  4:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet they are beautiful birds. Do you know what kind some of them are?

I have one little hummingbird that comes into my yard and I found one of those window feeders just have to get the food for it.
I have some sparrows, chickadees, and sometimes starlings and doves out there. It is interesting. Oh yeah sometimes I have seen Robins out there too.

I love the sounds of them.

Well today was ok and not to windy or rainy which is good because the river is high.

Take care and hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  3:43:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The wild birds that come to my feeder are Chickadee, Finch, white belly nuthatches, and Downy Woodpecker, just to name a few. I do have cardinals but they do not like the feeder I have, they require a landing perch. The birds stick around in the winter if there is food, so I always make sure the feeders are filled otherwise they can die. I too love the sounds of wild birds. When I fill the feeder, I sometimes stick around close and they fly right pass me, you can hear the sound of their wings flapping. It's so neat. I stay real close and watch them. Heaven!

The weather here continues to be cold. We did have a somewhat warm day today. Nothing suggesting I should get out my summer clothes. lol

Take care everyone.

Carole

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6000 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6000 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  8:29:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet that is beautiful just listening to it all,

How wonderful!

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  08:56:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Valentines Day! Any of you have something special in the works for this day?

It continues to remain cold here. It was -17 last night!!!!Today we are enjoying a sweltering 10! Almost time to take out the shorts and t-shirts! lol

Well I best be getting back to work. Just wanted to drop by and write some love! Cheers!

Carole

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6000 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6000 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  2:36:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Valentine's Day to you too Carole, My church's mens group is putting on a valentines day dinner for the women and they are doing the cooking, serving and have entertainment there for us and I hear we are having Pork Tenderloin, yum. Some man is going to sing romantic songs. It will be fun.
hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3457 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3457 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  4:13:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Valentine's Day SPGs!!! I hope everyone is staying warm and enjoying some fun!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6000 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6000 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  9:25:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The dinner was a delicious meal and too much food but it was special and the music was very nice.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1190 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1190 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2015 :  06:42:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning All,
Gosh it has been a long time since I have visited the Hen House. How is everyone? Ruth your vacation sounds warm and wonderful. It is -20 here this morning and I have to go to town so not looking forward to that. We leave for vacation Saturday. 12 days of laying on the beach and enjoying the sun. Carole, I too feed the birds and love watching them at the feeder. We don't have very many varieties though who are brave enough to stick around for the winter. Darlene, your Valentines Church dinner sounded very nice. I made a shrimp dinner and was surprised by some beautiful roses. Have a great day everyone.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2015 :  07:10:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

Nice to hear from you Julie! -20 that is cold, similar to some of the temperatures we have had around here. Do you have to work outside in those frigid temperatures? G-d bless our farmers and farmettes! Your vacation Julie sounds heavenly! Looking forward to reading all about it.

Darlene, glad to read that you V dinner was delicious! Always nice when someone else does the cooking!

It has been a tad crazy around here. Taking some time this morning to catch up. On Monday we drove down to Utica (apprx 4 hour drive south) to visit a college. I find visiting colleges exhausting. You are herded around like cattle in and out of buildings. It doesn't help when you've had to get up at 4:00 a.m. for a four hour drive and they start the program with a 2 hour presentation. Despite the fact that we were in the south of NY state, it wasn't warmer!!! lol Oh well, it's got to get done! Thankfully the list is slowly getting smaller!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on Feb 18 2015 09:45:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6000 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6000 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2015 :  09:24:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like it wasn't much of a fun trip, Take care today.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1247 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1247 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2015 :  8:28:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I owe a big I'm sorry to Darlene for being so late with my Thanks you to her. She did just great with all my surprise gift packages that I have received this last week. Yes I have been sick for the last several weeks and then was asked to make a baby quilt in the last two weeks. The lady wants it on Friday, so I have been working nonstop to get it made and hand quilted, almost there. So a late Thank you to Darlene. I will post pictures tomorrow or Friday for sure. I promise. Have a good rest of the week everyone.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2015 :  04:24:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Sherry, so sorry to read that you have not been well. I do hope that you are on the road to recovery. Sending you a farm girl hug!

Carole

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6000 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6000 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2015 :  1:43:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow you have been busy Sherry, You take care.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  7:44:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone,

Anyone watching the Oscars? Just sat a while with DD. So clueless as to who is who. I remember as a youth my mum watching the Oscars. It has changed so much with awards being given to costume designers, special effect etc...

What have you all been up to? We had a gorgeous day today. Sunny and 35F. Went for a walk to enjoy some fresh air and sunshine. Tomorrow is suppose to be cold with a low of -11.

Take care!

Carole

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6000 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6000 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2015 :  8:35:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oooh that is too cold, We had a beautiful day here, with the sun shining and cool but pretty.
i got some things ready to be mailed out and watched movies today, not much.

Have a good evening.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1247 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1247 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2015 :  05:10:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Girls, Finished the quilt I have been working on and am feeling much better these days. Now just getting things done that I have let slide. The month of February has just few by. So I need to get things back on track. We are having our first rain and ice storm today so maybe I will get some things done. Enjoying the shortbread cookies that Darlene sent to me with my tea cup. Have a great day everyone. Always thinking of you all.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  08:24:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ladies!
Haven't been on here lately. Our family is trying to deal with some issues regarding my nearly 90 year old mom.

Hoping this weekend to get caught up on everyone's posts. Hope all are doing well.

Hugs,
Linda

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6000 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6000 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  2:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well my prayers go with you on this and blessings on all you have to deal with on this, hug her for me...
hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2015 :  08:32:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sherry, glad to read to you are doing better. I would love for you to share a picture of your baby quilt. So appreciative of those that hand quilt.

Not much going on here. Attempting to keep my life quiet. The other morning I was doing my morning chores, replenishing my feeders and bird bath, and saw this.

I just had to take a picture. This is a reminder for me that it's really the simple things in life that brings me pleasure and reminds me to be grateful.

Enjoy your day everyone! Catch you later!

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on Feb 26 2015 08:34:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2015 :  1:58:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gals, Linda, praying for you, your family and Mom! I lost my Mom at age 56, and still miss her so much. Hugs to all!
Sherry, glad to hear you are feeling better. I too would love to see a photo of your baby quilt. I have been so lazy lately, don-t know if it is this Winter weather getting me down, or what, sure am ready for some energy and Spring!
Carol, I too love the simple things in life. Love your photo! This morning I went out on our deck to feed the birds, there was about 5 inches on new snow, so I dug the snow out of our window boxes, scraped the snow off the rail, and put seed out for the ground feeding birds. They came as soon as I put it out :)! could have reached out and touched them. We have several feeders hanging, but that doesn't help the ground feeding birds. So everyone was happy, and I enjoyed being in my kitchen watching them out the window. We also have a heated birdbath, that they absolutely love.
Have a blessed day everyone, and stay safe and warm!
hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6000 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6000 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2015 :  2:04:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i bet those birds love you too Ruth!

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2015 :  4:24:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ladies,
Thank you for the prayers and best wishes. Some of you have known, others perhaps not. My mom has always had some pretty severe mental issues that are just getting harder with slight dementia happening. She's a difficult and abusive person :(
Was causing such difficulty in her independent senior apt complex that we needed to bring her here and get her medically checked out. Medically she is, as expected fine. It's all psych behaviors with dementia making some things worse. She's back at her apt now and we will see how things go. It's rough for certain.

We are expecting about 4 days of snow and freezing rain starting this weekend. So will stock up a bit tomorrow at the store ;)

Love hearing everyone's updates! Anyone up to any new crafts or projects? Books you are reading?

Hope all are doing good this evening!

Hugs,
Linda

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside Chat - February 2015 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page