TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  11:22:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no!!! Shannon, I am sorry you and your family are sick. I thought you were heating with a wood stove. That is frightening. Prayers.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  5:21:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my, Prayers continue for you and your family Shannon! Thankful you went to the hospital when you did! Praying for other family issues as well. You are loved!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  5:37:25 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
WOW! Prayers for your family, Alicia. Oh, my! I can't believe Shannon's entire family is in the hospital. I hope they all get better FAST and can all go home very soon! Please keep us posted, Alicia.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 27 2017 8:57:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  7:06:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the prayers!!! We serve an incredible God!!!! Last night I was up most of the night with a headache and throwing up. Then about 3, Emi woke up throwing up. In the process, it woke up my older two girls. The oldest could hardly walk, was nauseous and had a headache, and the other also had a headache and was nauseous. By that point I was only able to take about two steps before I hit my knees. Hubby and I quickly figured out we were probably dealing with carbon monoxide poisoning. We woke up the children and brought them to the sliding glass back door, which was wide open, and wrapped them in blankets (we still have multiple feet of snow on the ground!). After about 45 minutes, I could still hardly walk, so we decided to drive in to the hospital (45 minutes away). We left the sliding glass door wide open with a fire screen in the opening and the dog in her dog crate right at the door, opened the windows down in the basement where the wood stove is, and let the kitten run around free.

When we got to the ER, the hospital staff was a little overwhelmed. For those that do not know, we are a family of 9... and we wanted all 9 of us tested, though some of the children were asymptomatic. Only two of us had ever been seen there before, so they had their work cut out for them. We got through it and were brought back... they began drawing blood and talking with us to figure out what was going on (we were split into two rooms at that point). Suddenly the blood work started coming back and everyone began to panic!!! Normal CO levels are 0-1 unless you are a smoker and then it may be a 2. Aly (our 3 yo) had the lowest level - over 15. Mine, my hubby's, and one of the other children's were over 21. Had we been at 25 we would have had to be flown out to a hospital with a hyperbaric pressure therapy room. Thankfully we were all able to stay there together, though at that point in 4 rooms, for more than four hours on full blast oxygen masks!

God so blessed us!!!! I have never been so thankful for a child throwing up!!! We are all still fighting some residual headaches and nausea, but we are home and feeling SO MUCH better!

While we were at the hospital, the police came to visit (due to being "poisoned"), and the fire department came to check out the house... with everything open, all the testing they did came back alright, with the highest reading being a 10. They decided that the source was our wood stove! Apparently there was a small leak in the piping from the woodstove before it went into the chimney, and that was determined to be the source. So hubby came home, cleaned out the chimney and put new piping in place. God is so good!!!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  7:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am glad everyone is ok Shannon. What a scare...and we serve an awesome God.
I had no idea a wood fire could cause carbon monoxide poisoning. I have always feared gas heat, and felt safer with the wood stove. Oh my.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  9:15:48 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm so thankful that everyone is ok, Shannon. I'm surprised that your husband was able to drive to the hospital with his levels as high as they were. Please be sure you get a carbon monoxide detector, since you have a wood burning stove. Prayers for continued healing and hope that the residual effects are gone soon.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2017 :  06:10:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Marilyn and Linda! We now have three monitors... we had already had one but apparently is was getting too much fresh air and didn't go off until after we were already sitting at the back door. It has now been moved :)

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2017 :  06:35:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am so thankful that everyone is ok. I hope the headaches are gone. One thing for sure...You will never forget your first winter in Wyoming.

Oh yes, I have been wondering...did your home treatments work on your husband when he was sick recently?

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jan 28 2017 06:37:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2017 :  06:43:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn - still dealing with some residual headaches, but nothing like they were!!! You are right - our first winter in Wyoming will forever be ingrained in our memories!!! The cleanse definitely helped him pass stones (I did it as well and passed quite a few), but what has really helped has been helping is an herbal tea he is drinking after eating... It is 1 tsp of milk thistle seed, 1 tsp of dandelion, and 2 tsp of jasmine green tea to cover up the bitterness of the dandelion. It is working wonderfully! As soon as he feels any pain or discomfort in that area, he drinks a cup and it goes away! We also learned that apple juice and apples are suppose to help dissolve the stones.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2017 :  06:55:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is good news and good to know. Since I work with five year olds I have Apple juice and/or water at snack time.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3452 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3452 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2017 :  08:25:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Shannon, I am so glad you got out before someone died!! Such a scary event for all of you too. I hope everyone starts feeling better and the CO2 monitors give you early warning such that this never happens again. Whew what a Winter you have had so far!!!
\

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2017 :  6:24:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Heavenly Father, as we come to the closing of this first month of 2017, I pray that you will watch over each member of this special group of ladies, as well as our families, extended families and friends. Our group has experienced illness, loss of family members, accidents and travel among other things. Please give us wisdom, peace, Grace,patience and safe keeping as we move forward this year. Please help us continue to reach out to others in sisterly love. You are awesome God. I praise your Holy Name. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jan 28 2017 6:29:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2017 :  11:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amen

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  07:05:23 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Amen Marilyn. I don't know if I mentioned before, we were run off the road in NM by an 18-wheeler. He didn't signal, honk, or anything. Luckily Ed is a great driver and also there was a shoulder or we would have been in the sagebrush. A little later we stopped for breakfast and another couple who had been behind us said something. They had watched it all. They gave us a description of the driver and that the cab was blue. We hadn't had time to check that out. We both said that he was probably surprised when we shot out in front of him if he didn't do it on purpose which was another possibility. It ended up, quite a few miles down the road, that we passed him. We don't know if he recognized us, but we recognized him. Thank God we were safe.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  07:23:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank goodness you are ok. God works overtime taking care of us, doesn't he!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  07:25:57 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, Marilyn. Thanks

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  10:12:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda and Shannon, God was with you!!
Marilyn, Thanks for that beautiful prayer!! I add every name and prayer request to my Prayer journal every time I see one!
Prayers are the best gift ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  12:18:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonderful prayer Marilyn. Thank You!

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  4:54:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks ladies, I just felt moved to write my thoughts to God here. We have had a lot going on as a group. I love you all. I am thankful that you are part of my life. May God bring blessings to you this year.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  9:41:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amen! and thank you Marilyn, I feel that way too! God's blessing to you all!

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Jan 29 2017 9:43:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2017 :  08:51:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I am so glad your family survived your carbon monoxide episode. Sadly a young college girl here did not. She was from the hill country of Texas, here learning to be a nurse, only 11 weeks from graduation. So sad.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2017 :  12:14:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww Marilyn, that is sad news, Prayers for her family.
Take care Shannon.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2017 :  12:28:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sad. She went to sleep, never woke up. Friends went to her place, could not rouse her or get in. Police came and smelled gas. So sad.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2017 :  5:40:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, That is so sad, such a tragic loss of a young life! Thanks also for your prayer, and to that I say "Amen"! I will be praying for her family, I cannot even imagine what they are going through!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2017 :  7:40:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hadlee was telling us that her dad is a team roper and my son knows him. Very heartbreaking. A beautiful girl.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Prayer Round up! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page