hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2017 :  08:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a prayer concern of sorts... many of you probably already know my health is not good. I had surgery a couple years back to remove one of my adrenal glands due to a mass on it. This fixed the issues it was causing, namely extremely low potassium (though I was on a lethal amount of oral), which caused issues to my heart rhythm, which in turn caused me to pass out daily multiple times (the kids were so use to it, they would just walk over me - I was in a state of constant concussions), and my entire body cramping up. The issue was, though, that the other adrenal gland had basically quit working and still isn't working correctly! Your adrenal gland is not only in charge of your "fight or flight" mechanism, but also is in charge of multiple other hormones, affecting other glands and organs. Long story short, last year, my doctors (both in South Carolina and Johns Hopkins up in MD) basically threw their hands up and said they didn't know what else to do for me, and that if things keep going downhill at the same rate as they were, I only had five to seven years left on this earth. Fast forward the last year... after some research hubby and I found some supplements to put me on that seem to be helping. They are herbal supplements and have helped with some of my blood work numbers!!! On the 23rd of May I have an appointment to meet with a herbalist. She is known to be pretty straightforward... while on one hand this is great, and the other, it concerns me. What many of you might not know is I have very low self esteem and take everything to heart... This obviously doesn't necessarily go well with straightforwardness ;) Please pray that she will helpmeet figure out, or at least send me in the right direction, of how to help heal my body <3

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3455 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3455 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2017 :  10:36:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I am so sorry to hear about your health situation, currently complicated with pregnancy as well. I will be keeping you in my prayers that there will be help out there to help you and sending Farmgirl Hugs that you are loved and cared for by many!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2017 :  2:28:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Shannon you definitely need prayers going up for your health, You are in mine and I sure hope that she knows what she is doing. I will put her in my prayers as well.
You take care and don't over do. God is with you!
hugs and love!

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2017 :  3:44:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers for healing Shannon. You need energy to keep up with your kids, and all that you do.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2017 :  5:45:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you ladies <3 The main issue is that it was allowed to go on for so long... I had the issues since I was in high school, but I always saw military doctors... and different ones at that, for each visit, so it was never caught and A LOT of damage was done... But we are hopeful for answers! If for some reason things do not work with the herbalist, we may see if we can ge approved to go to the mayo clinic in MN

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2017 :  8:16:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon...good grief girl...How frustrating! Of course you will be in my prayers. If you do come yo Mn. Let me know, maybe we can meet. Rochester is only 90 miles away. I am praying now...

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2017 :  8:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hugs and Prayers Shannon. You are going through a lot!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - May 02 2017 :  09:56:19 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just got a text from Marilyn - prayers needed for she and her husband. He fell going in the garage this morning and broke his hip. They are waiting to see the Orthopedic surgeon now; the doctor is in surgery. I'm sure she will let me know (or post) more information as soon as they find out.

UPDATE: They are in the ER and they will not move her husband until the doctor sees him. Then they will either go directly into surgery or he will go to a room until surgery tomorrow.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on May 02 2017 10:03:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 02 2017 :  09:58:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Linda for letting us know. Marilyn my prayers are with you.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - May 02 2017 :  10:13:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my! Most definitely praying for Marilyn and her hubby!!! Thanks for letting us know Linda!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3455 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3455 Posts

Posted - May 02 2017 :  11:54:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am so sorry to hear about Marilyn's husband. Sending them both extra love and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - May 02 2017 :  3:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my goodness. Lots of prayers needed! Shannon, I had no idea that you were going through all of these health issues. Many prayers for the right answers for your health. You might want to start the process for the Mayo Clinic while you are trying alternative medicine. You my sweet friend are fearfully and wonderfully made, God's masterpiece. You are beautiful!
Marilyn, I will be praying for you and your hubby. Please keep us posted as to his progress. Will they do hip replacement surgery? I have no idea what they do for broken hips.
Hugs and prayers
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - May 02 2017 :  3:27:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too would like to ask for prayer. I have been having diarrhea for about a month. Have had some tests, now I am going for a Colonoscopy and endoscopy this coming Friday to see if they can find out the cause. Have pretty much been home bound as whatever I eat comes right through me. We had a cruise planned and were leaving today, but that had to be cancelled. I know God has this and nothing takes Him by surprise, so I am resting in that!
Thanks gals for your love, support and prayers.
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3455 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3455 Posts

Posted - May 02 2017 :  5:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth, I hope your upcoming tests on Friday can give you some answers to your problems. Sending you some extra Farmgirl Hugs with prayers for answers soon.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - May 02 2017 :  5:36:31 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Prayers for your upcoming tests, Ruth. Sending farmgirl hugs, too!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - May 02 2017 :  6:44:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth - When I was first given the short time frame to live if my health keeps declining the way it has been, we barely told anyone. I think part of it was disbelief and part of it was saying it made it seem more hopeless. Now that hubby and I have been able to improve my health some with the supplements we have found, and now having hope in the herbalist, we are a little more open about talking about it! My oldest knew... but the rest of the kids just know that my health isn't the best. There is also a possibility I have Crohns... I am constantly severely anemic as well as being Vitamin D deficient. Thank you for your sweet sweet words and reminder of who I am in Him!!! <3

Please know I am praying for you!!!! I am so sorry you had to cancel your cruise! I hope you are able to reschedule it for soon so that you can enjoy your time without the stomach/intestinal issues!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 02 2017 :  6:48:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the prayers and well wishes friends. His surgery will be late tomorrow afternoon. They are piggy backing his pain meds until then. He broke it right below the ball and the plan is to put in a rod and screws. They said he will need rehab for two weeks after his hospital time. His right leg is weak and the left hip broken. He can get over this, but it will require work. Hugs.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - May 02 2017 :  6:50:24 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hugs and prayers to you and your husband, Marilyn.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - May 02 2017 :  7:01:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh sweet Marilyn!!! Many many hugs and prayers for you and your hubby!!!! Please let us know how we can help!!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 02 2017 :  7:44:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers are what we need right now. The girls will be a big help. HADLEE is a Bapa's girl. She will sit with him while I work in the morning. Baylee will also help, but she has finals Sat. And next Wed. She needs to study. The hospital is only two blocks from my work. please pray for Ruth and Shannon, so they can feel better.
Also please remember the small town of Glen Rose, Texas. One of their own, born, raised, taught school, started the Pie Peddlers pie shop with another kindergarten teacher...and was back at school as an aide...was killed in an accident Monday morning. She was on her way to the metroplex to go to Ranger Stadium with her little grandson on his school field trip. A head on collision, when some kids who were running late for school, made a very dangerous and deadly turn into her. The kids are alive, but hurt. The town is grieving. I taught with her for 13 years and had both of her children in art classes. Pale base say a prayer for them also. God bless each of you.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - May 02 2017 :  10:55:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Praying for the family, so sorry to hear! Ruth and Shannon, take care you are in my prayers as well.

Take care and Bless you all!

love darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1247 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1247 Posts

Posted - May 03 2017 :  06:54:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, Marilyn and Ruth you are all in my prayers today. Please take care of yourselves.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1190 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1190 Posts

Posted - May 03 2017 :  07:00:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth, Marilyn and Shannon I am praying answers can be found, surgeries will go as needed and our Heavenly Father keep you in his care.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - May 03 2017 :  08:25:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
God is with you all, he will carry you through this. Lord thank you for what you do and will do for Shannon, Ruth, and Marilyn's husband.
In your precious name! Amen.

Have a good day sweet ladies! Everyone of you.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - May 03 2017 :  08:46:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, Prayers for the family of the lady killed in the accident. Such a tragedy! I will be praying for you and your hubby today, as well as the families of those involved in the accident. So many lives are being touched by that accident.
Shannon, prayers continue for you sweet gal as well.
Thank you all for your prayers, they are being felt and I truly appreciate them!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Prayer Round up! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page