Page: of 108

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2018 :  10:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Prayers for your friend, Denise.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3453 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3453 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2018 :  06:56:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers for Sherry's Mom and Denise's friend. It is so hard when loved ones face huge struggles.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2018 :  5:15:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sherry, Denise and Bonnie your prayer requests are on my list. Hope things improve soon for everyone.

My daughter is doing good. It's been two weeks since her surgery. So far everything looks good. She'll have a check-up tomorrow. Hope the Dr gives her a good report.

Now for another prayer request. My sister's daughter had a very terrible accident at work last week. She was showing a new employee how to change the oil in the deep fryer. She was squatted down draining the oil into a plastic bucket. The side of the bucket split apart. She dropped it and the very hot oil splashed up under her burning her bottom, legs, chest, arms, face, and hands. The floor was so slippery she ended up falling in the hot oil. Her hands are the worst. She has 2nd and 3rd degree burns. I was told there was wasn't a thermometer or a gauge to show the temperature of the oil and that it was the way the oil was changed at that business. Guess they will get that corrected. This is going to cost that business a fortune.

Skin grafts we're done on her shoulder, arm and hands. They took 6 inch wide sections of skin the full length of sides of her thighs from the hip to the knees where there weren't any burns for the grafts. She has to have her arms and hands in splints to protect them. She will be in the burn unit for a few weeks. She is 21 and has a 1 year old son. It will be months before she will be able to care for him. She will need lots of personal care for a long time herself.

Also, her boyfriend is not the best. He is causing trouble between my sister and niece. Kind of stupid on his part. He certainly isn't going to step up and care for my niece and his son plus housework etc.

Lots of prayer needed for them. My sister is finding it difficult to handle. This guy is doing his best to separate my sister from her daughter and grandson. My sister is hanging in there though. She has God to depend on and wants all the prayers she can get because she knows that will help more than anything.

Quite a while ago I asked prayer for my other sister's husband for kidney cancer. So far he is still doing ok. The meds were taking a toll on him and had to be adjusted, but he has a very good out look. The new meds are helping so far. They believe in God and have left it in Gods hands. Pray the meds will continue to help heal him. He has 3 brothers and two of them have cancer also.

Thank You all for your support. It's great to have such good friends as my Farm Sisters.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9196 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9196 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2018 :  2:47:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brenda,
Prayers for your daughter that she will get good news from her doctor and prayers for the situation between your sister and niece. Of course prayers for complete healing for your niece. Continued prayers for your brother in law also.
It is so good to have you back with us again!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2018 :  4:51:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Praying for your daughter,Brenda, that has to be horrible and painful #128547; prayers for her daughter as well
Take care , blessings,
Love you all!

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2018 :  07:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Continued prayers for your daughter, your brother-in-law, your sister, and your niece.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2018 :  3:46:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank You everyone for the prayers.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2018 :  8:43:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brenda, praying for your Sister and her daughter and all family!! Oh Im so sorry !

Connie
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2018 :  2:19:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's an another update. My daughter is doing Great! I'm at her place one last time. We're going back to my house tomorrow and she'll be able to drive us. She'll stay a few days and then be able to be on her own.

As for my niece, she had to have 5 more skin grafts done yesterday. I'm told Skin removal for the grafts is just as painful as the burns. She is still in a lot of pain, but is improving. It appears she is slowly turning to God. Hope it continues.

A Big Thank You to all of you for your prayers.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3453 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3453 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2018 :  4:00:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brenda, so good to hear the wonderful news of your daughter and the that your niece is slowly making progress!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9196 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9196 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2018 :  05:57:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brenda, Glad to hear your daughter is doing well! Continued prayers for your niece as she continues to heal.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2018 :  08:53:50 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So happy to hear your daughter and niece are doing well. Continued prayers.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2018 :  10:50:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a good update on my friends daughter Robin, and she thanks everyone so much for the cards and caring.

[b][/]Robin had the Port Surgery this a.m. and everything worked out wonderful. This evening she is only experiencing being tired and still no pain. Dr. Asad said she was going to feel like something foreign was in her, and yes, she does! She says it is a very weird little feeling. She was scheduled to have the surgery at 10:00 a.m., but Dr. Asad was ready at 9:40 a.m. so that is when they wheeled her in. At 10:20 a.m. the nurse came out to the waiting room, said Robin was all finished, she was in recovery, she was talking and doing great! We got to go in and see her shortly after that and at 11:30 a.m. we were leaving the hospital. With this port in, she can now have all her chemo through it as well as blood draws and anything else they need without having to poke her with a needle each time. ALSO, the best news as well, she does NOT have to have another biopsy before she starts chemo next Thursday, July 19th. So, all the worrying she did (WE ALL DID), since her last biopsy Friday the 6th was for not. She is one happy girl!

For those of you who have sent her cards, little mementos, and flowers..........OMG, I cannot get over what they have meant to her. And, of course, from reading the above, your prayers are working...we knew they would. When she woke up in recovery their were three nurses there, and we overheard them talking.......Looking at Robin Jellison, her cheeks were rosy, she was so alert and you wouldn't even know she was in recovery. Today was the first BIG step to winning this battle of having 3rd stage breast cancer. She has a very positive attitude, she is strong, she is brave, she is courageous and she is determined - she will win!

Thank you for your continued prayers and cards; she now really looks forward to the mail every day!

Love, David and Claudia

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3453 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3453 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2018 :  06:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonderful news, Darlene, on your friend Robin! Her port will make her life a lot easier as she goes through treatments.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2018 :  10:43:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is good to know Winnie, I know that she has a lot of support from family and friends.

Thanks for her for your prayers.

Love you all

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2018 :  4:07:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, Great news about your friend. Emailing you for her address.

Aubri, my niece is doing better. She has had 8 skin grafts so far using her own skin. Yesterday, she was able to get up and walk down the hall for a short distance. She's a brave girl. The pictures of the burns would break your heart.

My daughter is on her own now. Still off work though till the end of the month. Thank You for all the prayers and concerns. She really has appreciated them.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2018 :  7:50:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well here you go for Robin's address,
I misplaced it but here it won't be lost now.

Robin Jellison
6043 Pierson St
Arvada CO 80004

She will love any cards she receives.

Thanks sweet ladies.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2018 :  8:21:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, my, such heart-breaking stories. Prayer is the best remedy. All of you are in my prayers!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2018 :  5:05:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, I haven't been on for awhile. As some of you know My hubby was diagnosed when Dementia, he is doing good. Then I got a c all from my sister she has been taking chemo for Luekemia , cancer in her blood she was really sick . We were all so concerned that she wasn't going to make it. But praise the Lord she is doing so much better, She just got through with her 2nd round and will have her 3rd one pretty soon.
Of course she lost her hair, but she got a free wig and it so looks good on her. But she told us if she don't have to take anymore chemo her hair should grow back pretty fast. But with all the drugs and chemo
she said she hopes it don't come out green and look like a chia-pet. She has a sense of humor.
"A merry heart doith good like a medicine".

Then one of my best friend's from school passed away. So it has been a trying time.

Been missing all my sisters on here and doing the Happy Dance.
So I am trying to get back to I guess the normal. As normal as it can be.

I want to go through and catch up on all the stuff I missed. But keep me in your thoughts and prayers. LOVE
You'all

Hugs Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9196 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9196 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2018 :  5:10:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, will be keeping you, your husband and your sister in prayer! We've missed you!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2018 :  5:16:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you my sweet friend. I missed you and everyone on here. I am just so thankful to have you all in my life. It makes me feel cozy-ozy. lol

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2018 :  7:15:58 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Prayers for you, your husband, and your sister, Marlee. HUGS!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2018 :  03:48:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers for all.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2018 :  08:59:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Marlee, issued seeing you on here, glad you are on here, I will keep praying for your.

Blessings

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2018 :  4:30:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, I am so sorry to read all of the problems everyone is having! I will definitely be praying for you all! Life can be so hard at times, but so thankful that our Lord knows everything and hears and answers our prayers. Wish I could give you all a big hug and make it go away :(! Virtual hugs will have to do!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Prayer Round up! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page