Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9196 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9196 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2019 :  07:48:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie,
So glad that your sweet Holly and Lily are alright. What a scary thing and for it to be a hit and run! What is wrong with people?
I do not like driving in heavy traffic but have to when we travel to see my Ohio kiddos and grands.
Around here we don't have heavy traffic but you have to be careful. I think it's worse sometimes when there is not because people think they can scoot in when they really can't and then that is trouble.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3453 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3453 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2019 :  11:48:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Connie, what a scare for Holly and Lily June!!! I am relieved to hear that they are OK. People are so careless sometimes when they drive. I hate it and heavy traffic just makes it more scary. You have so much to deal with at once on the road at high speeds!!

Denise, I am like you. The older I get, the more I hate heavy traffic like you see in big cities and along big interstates going through cities. Oh how I hate going through Atlanta, Washington, DC, Baltimore and all the rest of I-95!!! It is enough to make me either fly or not go. These days, I try and always go the longer and slower way on the older roads. They are barely traveled anymore, have plenty of gas stations along the way, and small towns to enjoy. Even with the little towns and stoplights, you can almost make it to your destination in the same amount of time or slightly longer. But any extra time is worth it to my sanity!!!!!! Plus I love to see small town rural America and get a feel for how life might be these days or was in the past.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2019 :  12:01:38 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
When we took the motorhome down the western side of Lake Michigan 2 years ago Ed put "No highways, No toll roads" in the GPS. We had a few detours, but lots of rural, beautiful countryside and farmlands. We like taking the backroads and roads less traveled - sometimes by accident and often on purpose. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2019 :  6:56:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When we were leaving Wal-Mart the other day, Robert driving my car, a big pickup driver laid on his horn for a long time. We could not figure out what he was so angry about. There are three lanes, we were in the center and he was in the left. Those two both turn back toward down town. As we got on down to the split, we went to the right, which becomes the South loop around town. The angry guy was still in the inside lane, stopped at a red light. We decided he is most likely a college idiot. I call them that because their parents buy them a big 'bully' truck, a house to trash, and give them a credit card. I think the parents are glad to get them out of their house. They are bullies, loud, obnoxious,drunks. It is so nice when they are gone at Christmas and summers.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2019 :  4:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank y'all so much! It was 68 here today, Holly and Lily June went to the zoo after this stressful week. They enjoyed it ! I was too tired to go,I took a raincheck. I'm use to driving a 2 lane country road most of the way to Millington. Small Town too, not much traffic. I hate heavy traffic. I drove in it 15 years and that was enough for me! I was a lot younger then!
Connie

Edited by - Killarney on Feb 03 2019 4:55:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2019 :  8:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand completely Connie! I make my once a year trip into Fort Worth to see my oncologist. When I go in June it will be 10 years. Over those years I've seen a lot of construction...Now there is a new stretch of road, but thankfully I only have to be on it about a mile. I certainly hope it all looks the same this year.Last year my friend drove. We had to go to the brand new offices of Texas Oncology. Thankfully it was easy to get to. But I would not even attempt to drive in Dallas now. My arthritic neck could be a problem over there. My sister and her kids and grandkids all live in that mess, and seem to love it. I love where I am. I choose to stay at home most of the week.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2019 :  07:06:11 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I dislike driving in traffic, especially in Dallas, too, Marilyn. Ed knows Dallas really well and likes driving, so he always drives when we go that way.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2019 :  5:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I can't even imagine doing in a big city like Dallas! That crazy kid of mine drove in LA for a year! Yikes!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2019 :  7:08:47 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've been with Ed driving in Memphis and didn't like that, either, Connie. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9196 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9196 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  04:13:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Asking prayer for Kelly, a young woman at our church. She was diagnosed with Lupus several years ago and she is really having a bad time with a recent flare up. She gets terrible migraines and if you would pray for her I would appreciate it.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Feb 06 2019 04:14:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  05:28:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On Denise, yes I will pray for Kelly. Our Bay is doing better on this strict eating plan. So far she knows cauliflower is a trigger and stress! My son told me he ordered some Cannabis oil for her. He is hoping she can take it, help with the pain in her wrists and hands and calm her down. She has a psycho professor this semester, who doesn't seem to care about anyone but herself. The professor is being monitored, but they let her teach??? The students figured out that she is not even teaching from the $1,000 worth of books that she required them to buy. Go figure!!!

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Feb 06 2019 05:32:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9196 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9196 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  4:04:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn,
Kelly is not able to get out much. She gets the horrible headaches and when she does have a good day and does anything of consequence she seems to pay for it afterwards. She is only about 24 or 25 I believe.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  4:27:18 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My DIL has a possible diagnosis of Lupus and she has been having tests because of bad migraines. I haven't heard from her lately, so not surer if they have the migraines under control.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Feb 06 2019 4:37:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  4:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She probably needs the diet Bay is on. 30 days no dairy, no sugar, no, no, no. Fruits, veggies and meat. After 30 days they reintroduce groups of foods. Very much like having a diet for a baby.Not fun! But Bay is doing better. 2 and 1/2 weeks into the 30 days.

Stress causes flares too!

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Feb 06 2019 4:34:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  5:23:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Adding Kelly to my Prayers!
And Linda's DIL.
Connie

Edited by - Killarney on Feb 06 2019 5:25:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3453 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3453 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  5:29:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Adding my prayers here for Kelly. She is having a really hard stretch here and I hope doctors can find something that will bring her relief on a regular basis real soon.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  5:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Praying for Kelly.

Blessings
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2019 :  11:04:05 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My DIL ALready went on that diet, as part of her doctor's treatment. Now her insurance is denyinig the blood tests her doctor wants and wants her to have a biopsy on her thyroid. This is NOT a good treatment.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2019 :  11:24:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't remember headaches as part of Bay's issues.
She has had digestive issues for some time, then the pain, joint pain. She told me there were times when she could not pick up one of her nursing text books.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2019 :  11:34:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, perhaps the insurance company wants to rule out other autoimmune issues of perhaps they are trying to determine what she really has...you said she had a 'Possible' lupus diagnosis. When Bay went to Dr. Van den berg, he did blood work. Then he said it showed RD or lupus. That is when she saw the rheumatologist in Waco. He had to do more blood work, ask millions of questions. Then about 53 hours went by and he called her. By then he knew for sure it was Lupus. Thyroid disease is autoimmune e, especially hashimottos.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9196 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9196 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2019 :  11:36:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kelly's migraines and lupus are connected to the gardisil shot she had a few years or so ago. I believe they no longer give the vaccine. She has other side effects as well but these are the main ones.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2019 :  11:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Michelle's doctor said it is lupus. And they finally approved the other blood tests. Insurance companies are so hard to work with.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9196 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9196 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2019 :  12:05:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda
Indeed they are. My daughter has trouble with the supplier sending my grandson's diabetic supplies.She spent 3 days on the phone trying to find out why they hadn't sent them after the insurance company had paid for all of it. She finally got someone in his endocrinologist office that told them she would be his liaison between the insurance and supplier etc. to make sure he is getting what he needs when he needs it.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Feb 13 2019 12:06:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2019 :  2:25:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You sure are right about Insurance companies and they want a high price too.
I am glad your daughter got somebody to listen about those medications he needed and couldn’t get them to send,that was terrible.
So stressful for the whole family.
You take care too!

Hugs and love

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9196 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9196 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2019 :  2:59:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Darlene. Yes I'm glad they found someone.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Prayer Round up! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly