TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2015 :  8:45:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to wish each of you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS. I hope you will be spending time with those you love. I also hope you have good weather.It looks like we will hang out in the upper 60s and low 70s until next Sunday. We will drop to 40 tonight the low all week long. This is very unusual even here. Someone commented on Facebook last week about our springtime in December. The fruit trees have been so confused, blooming at Thanksgiving. I will take it, and be glad. When the north wind howls and shoves the temps down, this old house is hard to keep warm. At least we have a wood stove now, and a nice cord of wood to burn in it. I am almost ready for Christmas,but I want to sit and sew three projects before Friday. One is a pink fleece rest that lays in front of your keyboard. My daughter in law works on a computer all day now. I thought it might help. It will have a pig face and curly tail. Her favorite animal, other than her dog. I need to go to sleep, because the clock says it is past my bed time. I am a night owl, and love this quiet time of night. I love you all. Thank you for inviting me into your group. God bless you.

Texasgran

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2015 :  9:40:44 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas to you, too, Marilyn. I am a night owl, too!
These winter temperatures are ridiculous. No snow in the east Coast for Christmas - that's a first! And possible damaging rain storms here. This El Nino is wreaking havoc everywhere.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9219 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9219 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2015 :  05:15:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas to you too! No snow here in the forecast but we usually don't have snow here until January or February and then we get blasted. But the big difference in the weather this year is it will be in the 70's. We are expecting rain through to next week. Normally we have to have the furnace and the woodstove going. We have barely used the woodstove this year. Which is not a bad thing.
Hope everyone enjoys their family and whatever you do to celebrate!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3457 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3457 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2015 :  05:41:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas Marilyn! Springtime has arrived already here in Florida with record breaking weeks of heat. Some of the azaleas are starting to bloom, our camellia bushes are in full bloom, the AC is still going, and I even saw new green leaves on some trees about 2 hours south of here! It feels very odd to have weather more like September than December this year. But, it makes it nice for visitors to the state who are seeking lots of tee shirt time and shorts!

Merry Christmas my wonderful Farmgirl Sisters!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2015 :  2:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I soooooooooo remember this snow!!!

MEMORIES OF A LIFETIME IN MEMPHIS, TN's photo.

MEMORIES OF A LIFETIME IN MEMPHIS, TN. Weather man is saying 75 for the high Christmas day!! I was in 1st grade when it snowed this 14 inches !stayed on the ground for a week!
December 22, 2014 ·

22-Dec-1963, 51 years ago today, in Memphis...14 inches of snow Merry Christmas Marilyn!
Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Dec 23 2015 2:27:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2015 :  4:07:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was enough to build a lot of snowmen and enjoy snow ice cream several times. I was about two months pregnant with my son in December, 1963. Merry Christmas.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2015 :  8:58:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everyone...I wish you all blessings this Christmas season. My cards didn't get started and we are just decorating tonight. Reminds me when Christmas trees weren't seen until Christmas Eve. We got snow today so everything is white and slippery. God bless you and your loved ones (and those you are struggling to love).thank you for the cards and gifts.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Alicia
IN
358 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2015 :  11:21:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas Ladies!!!!

I am sitting in the dark with a power outage (again, second one tonight) from wind (earlier it stormed). I should probably conserve energy, but it is quiet in my house. And I know everyone is safely tucked in their beds, so I got a mommy moment! :)

There will be no snow here either. It is supposed to be 73 tomorrow...In so. IN! I only worry how much it will hurt gardening next year to push winter off, but otherwise I won't complain!! ;)

I have been getting the most wonderful cards and packages. Thank you all very much! I started mailing my cards late this year. I know I got many out. My kids started getting sick over last weekend, then I got sick. My kids or husband moved the remainder of my stack. Hoping I find them so I can at least get late cards out to the few that were left. I think some were family too.... :/

Stay safe, warm (lol I guess some need that!), be Joyful, Peaceful, and feel the blessings of the Season! xoxoxo

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com
VLOG- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rAaWB8U8t13yBZCd-nwLA
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2015 :  4:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all my sisters. It is 70 and muggy here. We are suppose to have rain. I want to wish all of you a blessed Christmas with your loved ones. That is family friends, and yes pets. Connie want to say I love the pic of you standing in the snow. When I was growing up we had snowwwwwwwwwwwwww! I kind of miss that. But my sister called from Indiana. She said it was about 60. She said it is not Christmas. We laughed about that. I want to thank you for all the gifts, cards and wishes. You my sweet sisters make Christmas so wonderful and loved. I don't know what I would do without you all. Love you all so very much. So everyone keep save and have a wonderful season.

Hugs Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2015 :  07:21:52 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Woke up to 48 degrees this morning, but supposed to be 70 this afternoon, and then tomorrow through Monday heavy storms - rain here. Upper NW corner of Dallas MAY get some flurries mixed with rain, but probably not here unless weather patterns change soon.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017

Edited by - quiltee on Dec 25 2015 07:23:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lexi Lavender
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Lexi
Bangor Maine
USA
77 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2015 :  08:17:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas all! We just finished listening to The Holiday Album by Danaher @ Cloud... really got us into the Christmas Spirit. I think my favorite was Mrs. Fogarty's Christmas Cake, but they were all great. Amy you are such a talent! Thank you everyone for all the lovely cards. The cheese from California was delicious (and the mints) and my little melted snowman ornament was very cute. I wish you all a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Best wishes from my house to yours...
Alexis

Lavender Lexi
Farmgirl #4034

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them." — Eeyore.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2015 :  12:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The moon had its big fuzzy ring around it at six this morning. Then the sun came out. I was busy cooking, listening to the Disney Christmas parade that was on tv, about eleven I glanced out the window facing south and was so surprised because the sky was dark and very wintery looking. I have not heard the weather guessres predictions, but my son said he heard we would have rain. We will have to wait and see because that sky said snow to me. It is much too warm for snow though.???????

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2015 :  1:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas everyone! All of you have blessed our family so much this year! This has been an extremely trying year or us, and yet, with all of your help, we have been blessed! Thank you for the cards, the gifts, and the love!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6000 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6000 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2015 :  8:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you had a wonderful day!

Blessings

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic CHRISTMAS 2015 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page