Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Weather you like it or not!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Weather you like it or not! Next Topic
Page: of 118

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9176 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9176 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  4:06:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are getting the promised rain this evening. Just being laid back tonight and enjoying the fire.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2637 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2637 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  4:16:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, I completely agree with you...I do not like ice! Snow is one thing but ice is bad bad bad! That had to be a LONG, LONG drive to school!
I had my 2 kids when they were teenagers and myself take a winter driving class. My daughter is now 32 and she was just talking about that class today at lunch. She says she still remembers..."brake, brake, brake...and then steady gas" to get around corners. I'm glad that it stayed with her! My kids drove the 10 miles to school everyday and I felt a little better knowing that they had some bad weather driving education.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  4:38:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was a great idea. Texans are notorious for being bad drivers on ice. When you have one, perhaps two ice storms a year...we don't get much experience! Almost always schools don't open.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2019 :  03:06:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thundering & lightening this morning. Maybe it's the thunderstorm that missed us yesterday. It's 70 now and hi will be 70 but dropping to 23 by tomorrow morning. Texas roller coaster weather that Marilyn talks about.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9176 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9176 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2019 :  04:54:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is quite a change. That storm must be ushering in the cooler weather Sara.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2019 :  05:06:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise I got up at 4 a.m. and it was 70 - now at 7:05 it's 49 - when a cold front blows across the Red River out of OK Texas cools down quickly.

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2637 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2637 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2019 :  07:19:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, that is a huge change! I do love thunderstorms. It is 3 degrees here this morning!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2019 :  07:52:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, what is your temp now??? We went from that 70° all the way down to 35°, but the howling wind makes it feel like it is 25°. I think the dramatic decline in temperatures is a lot less thrilling than a tummy flipping roller coaster ride! But I don't believe we will be in the 40s at 10am...which is 11 minutes from now!
When I woke up this morning the house was still warm enough but the Windows were so fogged up. I asked my husband of it was cold outside, and he said it was. Now the heaters are running.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2019 :  08:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn it's 37 feels like 27 - heard the wind howling a while ago. When I opened my front door so my grocery shopper could bring my food in I could feel the wind as it blew across my front porch. The young woman looked half frozen.

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2019 :  10:07:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Weather bug must have readjusted their expectations...earlier they thought we would be around 42° at noon. Well they now think we should be at 38°...SORRY, they missed it again. We are still at 35° the wind chill dropped a degree to 24°. Boo for the weather missers.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2019 :  7:43:53 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
WAS 37 here at noon. But I had one of those white-knuckle driving days.

We got up at 3 so we could leave at 3:30 to take Ed to the airport - on 2 of the busiest highways in Dallas. It sprinkled on us all the way to the airport. When I took over the wheel at the airport, and Ed walked into the terminal, the sky opened up (4:45 AM) with rain, hail, lightning - couldn't see the lane arkings and I was on highways I don't know and do't like to drive in the daytime, let alone at 4 in the morning. I made it - luckily there wan't rush hour traffic at that hour - but I was going below the speed limit with semis rushing past. I was so glad when I made it to roadways I knew, but it was still very nerve wracking. I got home and went back to bed for 3 hours. Ed said when he got to the pre-check line the power in the airport went out and he had to wait before they could use the equipment to scan people's luggage and bodies. Not too long. Quite a morning weather wise.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2019 :  9:15:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Linda I had no idea they had storms in DFW. Why did Ed have to go to Calif.? I will say a prayer for his safe travels and safe return trip. Do you have to go pick him up at the airport when he returns? Oh, did he fly out of Love Field of DFW???

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2019 :  06:54:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda so glad you made it home without a problem. I never liked to drive in the rain and the last time I was on Hwy 121 around Denton it was under construction.

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2019 :  09:08:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, we're had some crazy weather in way Northeast of NY. From arctic weather to mid 40s. We had freezing rain for the past couple of days. Took me over 15 minutes to de-ice my windshield! The roads were horrible. It was an ice rink!

Windy today but warmish!

Catch you all later!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2019 :  12:56:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Temp. Dropped 40 degrees in 5 hours here, yesterday! Went from 71 at 10 am to 30 at around 5 pm. Went down to 24 last night! Back to 50s by Sunday. Crazy!!!!
Connie

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2019 :  1:03:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, and everyone else. Get a spray bottle and put rubbing alcohol in it. On icy mornings go out and spray your card windows, also start your car so it will begin to warm up. The alcohol works like magic.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2019 :  3:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tip Marilyn , I could have used that last week, my windows don’t freeze often, we might be getting another cold spell next week.

Thanks

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2019 :  8:53:57 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, definitely crazy weather. Hate the shifting temps - hot cold warm cold etc. Definitely causes coughing and other illnesses.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2019 :  9:09:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it's funny that it is now "warmer" than it was all day long. We are 32°. It was 29° all afternoon except for a fifteen minute heat wave about 3:30pm, when it got to 31°. Snow and sleet just passed by, not much of either. It has been a long hard day trying to water critters. God showed me how easy our lives have been this winter. Today was tough...of course my back pain made it twice as hard. My gloves were not warm enough and when I got them wet. ..well my hands ached and hurt, so inside I came to warm up.I will wear better, warmer gloves tomorrow.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2019 :  03:20:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
32 at 5:20a.m. - hi 39 - a perfect piddling day.

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2019 :  03:57:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning early bird! I see that we have come up one degree! Yea there is hope! Sara, I love to wake up,and after a bathroom stop,and starting the coffee maker, I turn on my kindle. Each day there you and Denise are...bright and early. God bless you both.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2019 :  04:13:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Marilyn. I find you too are an early bird. I've always been a morning person - now days I start to fade around noon so if I'm going to get anything done it's got to be early.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2019 :  09:55:55 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I used to be an early person - I need to start doing that again. I must have needed sleep, however, because I slept until 11 yesterday and 10 today. Ed is gone until tomorrow, so I'm catching up on lost sleep. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9176 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9176 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2019 :  10:48:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, the old wicked wind is hanging around and making it cold. My eyes were all watery just walking from the house to the garage. maybe 20 ft. Not a day I want to be out anywhere.
Just staying around home. JT is working on one of the business vehicles inside the garage. The wind blows through there sometimes but he has the one door shut so he won't freeze. Plus we all wear insulated overalls when out in weather like this for any length of time.
So looking forward to nice Spring days.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2637 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2637 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2019 :  1:57:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Snowing, blowing and COLD today. A good day to stay inside. The mountains are expecting 2-4 ft of snow between now and Tuesday.
We were watching the Portland weather this morning. Portland is about 2 1/2 hours from here on the other side of the mountains. They don't usually get much snow and don't do well with it. They were showing the freeway where people were lined up, stuck in traffic, many trying to get to the airport. I felt so bad for one lady that they mentioned who was stuck in traffic and frantic. She was trying to make her flight to the Westminster Dog show. Her dog is already there and is 1 of 4 from Oregon to be in the show. It would be so disappointing for her to not make it after all of that hard work! They showed one person who had gotten out of their ride and was actually hiking it on foot with his luggage to get to the airport!!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 118 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Weather you like it or not! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page