Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Weather you like it or not!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Weather you like it or not! Next Topic
Page: of 118

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2621 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2621 Posts

Posted - May 11 2019 :  5:05:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is too close for comfort! Lightning is nothing to mess with. One of our neighbors and good friends of Brad was killed by lightning a few years back. It was so sad.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2621 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2621 Posts

Posted - May 11 2019 :  5:06:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, I saw a beautiful yellow rose yesterday and I almost brought it home. I may still go back and get it. It made me think of you.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5981 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5981 Posts

Posted - May 11 2019 :  5:25:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is really sad Debbie!
So sorry to hear this.

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - May 11 2019 :  5:45:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, me too ,I think of Sara every time I see a Yellow Rose or hear the song. We have a oldies station here that plays it!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 11 2019 :  7:44:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably 20 years ago a man on horseback was killed by lightening. He was 11 miles from the cloud. That was a real eye opener for us.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 12 2019 :  08:18:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie makes me happy to be remembered when you see yellow roses. Hope you do go back and get it - all gardens need a touch of yellow and if it's a rose it's all the better.

Connie, love the yellow rose you posted. It's so good to be thought of when you see a yellow rose.

I deadheaded my three container yellow roses this morning. They're water soaked but all the pots drain so so far so good. Sun isn't shinning today but the wind helps to dry out containers and the ground. Rain in the forecast for the coming weekend.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9125 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9125 Posts

Posted - May 12 2019 :  10:32:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Raining here today. This is the coldest, rainiest May we've had in the 28 yrs we've lived here. Had to wear my jacket and I've never done that in May here.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 12 2019 :  2:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mr. Sun came to visit, and has stayed all day long. Yea. We had such a nice visit with our little family. Tristan grilled the best steaks, incredibly tender. Triston is the nicest grandson. I love him so much. Since he will not be able to have snacks while in basic training...We set him up now, three bags of beef jerky and some of my favorite snacks...caramel corn, better known as cracker jacks. Hadlee was nice enough to warn him not to expect a prize anymore. I gave him little tablets, pens, pen keepers,envelopes, stickers, a calendar, conversion chart, and stamps...so he can write to his one true love. He had to be curious to find the money I stashed in his notebook. But he did and with the $$$ from Robert and the gift card from Hadlee, hopefully he can get the compression underwear, etc. he has to have.She also got a notebook with supplies so she can write to him. He asked that she not gussy up the envelopes because the other guys will make fun of him.
After we finished, Robert and I went to a green house, actually three together where they have the most amazing selection of plants. It is a Hispanic grandmother and her family. Her grand daughter said she had been growing plants for forty years. Robert was getting me a Mothers day gift. As we were leaving Baylee said, Ferns...are they those....... Yes I said they were. She thought she might like one too. So we got two big beautiful ferns, one big pretty ivy, two good sized aloe Vera plants and a sweet banana pepper for $40. The hanging baskets were only $10 each. Amazing!!!

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on May 13 2019 02:24:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5981 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5981 Posts

Posted - May 12 2019 :  8:16:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You had a very nice day today Marilyn! Those things will be so handy for Tristan, I wish him well!
The flowers sound pretty too!

We had some sun this afternoon it was nice!
Were are supposed to get some rain again this week,, I hope not heavy becauseI need to go to the dentist on Weds for consultation,

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9125 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9125 Posts

Posted - May 13 2019 :  04:01:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Raining here again today. Very chilly last night. Pulling out my flannels as the heater is not working and no dry wood so I'll be pulling out warm clothes and making sure to keep moving. Of course tea too! Supposed to reach 54 very unusual May weather. Normally we are complaining about 90 degree days this time of year. Hopefully it means our summer will be a nice one.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 13 2019 04:05:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 13 2019 :  04:28:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise I've been wearing a flannel shirt for the past several days. Turned A/C off and heat on.

55 when I woke at 6a.m. - hi 78 with 92% humidity. Will be shedding my flannel shirt by this afternoon.

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 13 2019 :  05:43:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, our crazy weather is just crazy! We are 55 with wind and sun. I do hope the sun stays, but we never know. NOAA says it should be nice. Then tomorrow afternoon may present showers. But the remainder of the weekdays perhaps sunny?!. Next weekend rainy again.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9125 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9125 Posts

Posted - May 13 2019 :  07:13:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Started up the woodstove this morning. Our heater has been out of commission since Easter so we usually start the stove once in a while to take the chill off but today we are keeping it going to keep things warm and dry.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 13 2019 :  08:45:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good deal, Denise. I hope you get your heater up and running soon.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5981 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5981 Posts

Posted - May 13 2019 :  09:17:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise I hope you get your heater running soon! But it is nice that you have the wood stove for back up! They are nice to have. I used to have a wood stove when I moved to California but that changed when I moved to another house, I haven’t had one and then moved where I am, it has a fireplace but it was hard for me to get the wood. I really didn’t have a place to store it either. They are good in emergencies.

Hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - May 13 2019 :  7:45:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ever thought that we wouldn't have anything to talk or complain about if we didn't't have weather. If we wait long enough it will change. Keep warm girls.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 13 2019 :  8:41:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are right Bonnie.
We have so many mudpuddles, some are stinky like the one I fell into the other evening, and some have algae on top, which makes them bright green!
Today, when I went to water the horses our little white dog, Scruffy, decided she could fly...she came running at her top speed, made her big leap and did a belly flop into the mud puddle covered with algae that is right by the barn entrance!I could hardly believe my eyes!
I laughed, but you could tell she was mortified.
She quickly got out, ran in circles into and out of the barn. Then I saw her out in the hay field trying to get rid of her black mud!

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on May 13 2019 8:42:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9125 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9125 Posts

Posted - May 14 2019 :  03:45:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I think we are going to have some sunshine today. I seem to have much more energy when the sun is out.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 14 2019 :  04:57:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi 80 - humidity 90 - sunny - I could do without the hi humidity - causes hi fatigue

Thunderstorms on Sat.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9125 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9125 Posts

Posted - May 14 2019 :  05:21:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes that humidity is rough Sara.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9125 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9125 Posts

Posted - May 14 2019 :  06:00:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The forecast has changed again and we are having another day of rain. Gets depressing but have lots to do inside. Going to work on some projects once I get my housework done.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 14 2019 :  08:46:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is so true...the sun shine is 'just what the doctor ordered'. I agree that it lifts our mood, especially in cooler and colder months.
Humidity zaps my energy!
I have noticed lately that if it does not get done in the mornings around here...forget it.
But in a few days my new supply of CBD oil will arrive. Hopefully this time I will not run out, plus I ordered a stronger serving. ( I think it is almost comical that they call it a serving rather than a dose!)
We began our day with Mr. Sun...but the clouds came about 9:30am. I hope Mr. Sun returns soon!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 14 2019 :  10:05:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a day! I packed the guys lunches...forgot to put water bottles in my son's lunch box. It did not occur to me until about lunch time. I made a town run, eggs to the beauty shop, post office to pick up a package, mail some and buy stamps, then to the water shop. Home again, I went to water horses about 12:15pm. My simple job became exhausting when I decided to roll up those did giant hay totes. I came back to our barn for bag twine, a sandwich and to pee. At 2;30 I was finally finished, took photos and sent to my son. I had to rest but that became a nap. At four I moved the baby chicks to a wire dog crate in our barn.Got food and water for them. Then I unloaded the water, and pulled my wagon to the house. I was scared, when I turned around and there was a big black snake about four feet long. I called Bear, but he just laid down on the cool earth. The snake disappeared. I called my husband, he said it may have been a chicken snake.
At 5:30pm, phase two began. I moved the three older hens...which of course upset the pullets. Then my husband netted his young roosters and moved them to the biggest pen. Of course two of them immediately left so he had to fix that spot.We had put bird netting over the four by four panels, because we knew they would fly out. We have two little hens sitting together in one next box, due to hatch Thursday, and I was afraid the Roosters would kill the tiny baby chicks.
When the two little Roosters were free, one of the Tom cats was sitting right there watching over them. I was surprised that the cat did not bother them. Finally we got them in. Then we were hungry so I had to cook. At eight pm it is too late to drive to town to get supper. Showers and laundry and time on the heating pad.Now I'm off to bed! Good night!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9125 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9125 Posts

Posted - May 15 2019 :  04:21:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally! A day of sunshine for us today.
Supposed to be a high of 76. A shower maybe later in the evening or night.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 15 2019 :  12:48:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is good news.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 118 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Weather you like it or not! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page