Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Weather you like it or not!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Weather you like it or not! Next Topic
Page: of 118

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1247 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1247 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2016 :  06:17:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning, beautiful morning here 57 degrees and sunny. Birds are all out in full force. I need to refill their feeders. A very nice spring day. Maybe while I'm refilling the feeders I will put some weeds from the flower bed. Have a great day everyone.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2016 :  06:37:20 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've had lots of birds here, too. I have to fill the feeders every day. I love seeing all the birds. We have cardinals, finches, jays, and some robins. I'd like to find someone to completely re-do my garden areas. There are so many weeds I don't want to tackle them. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2016 :  10:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, do you have chickens? They are great at cleaning up under trees, flower beds, gardens, etc.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2016 :  10:54:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TexasGran

Linda, do you have chickens? They are great at cleaning up under trees, flower beds, gardens, etc.

The downside is the holes they leave behind.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9196 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9196 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  11:38:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The snow has been flying all morning here. Huge, huge flakes. They look like snowballs coming down. It is not sticking.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  12:28:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were supposed to have a rain shower around noon, then clearing. However the showers began earlier, got heavier and now we have thunder, etc. It is cold, too. We started our morning a bit late stopping at a yard sale, then in to t own to the annual plant sale. Then we drove across town to the Lutheran church where the LWML was having their annual garage sale. That turned into a visit with old friends. I also was blessed to see and visit with some high school kids who were four when I taught them. It was a good family morning with our grandkids.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1247 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1247 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  2:03:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sound like a great morning Marilyn, my daughters had a garage sale but did not turn out to good. So we called it early and went to an estate sale that was really good, got lots of goodies. Been cool and cloudy here all day, but no rain yet. Have a good one.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  2:54:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sherry, I like estate sales, but not inside the homes. Hadlee and I have happened upon a couple of those and found it a bit spooky. Outside is great. In fact we went to one that was into its third week the last time we drove out there. A hoarder' s things that her family did not want. They just kept adding more and more. We found a few treasures, thankfully not too much. It is a fun, relaxed time to visit and catch up with our college girl.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  7:35:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you all had a pretty good day with the Rummage Sales and all. I like the large sales you can find more things at them and the Estate Sales I have found good things at too, sometimes it is kind of sad though. We had more of a grey day today and cooler but not too bad. They have been putting a new floor into most of the Post office and that is looking so much nicer and a new color which brightens up more. I clean there and this morning was dusting things I couldn't get to. Looks so much better.
Denise I hope you get to have a Spring soon before Spring is gone. Snow! oooo.
Take care and have a wonderful Sunday.

Blessings

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  7:37:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's just plain cold in Minnesota today. Spring is surely on hold. The daffodils are trying not to bloom. Brrr

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  8:30:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I probably should have chosen a better word than spooky. When we enter a home where all pictures and what nots have been taken down, beds are stripped, cabinets emptied out it makes me sad, because someone loved that home and took pride in the contents. Now their very busy and usually disinterested off spring just want to be rid of it so they can go back to their normal lives far away. My sister never helped when our mother's home needed to be cleaned out. It was just as well, I did not have to listen to Negative Nellie.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2016 :  08:24:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
April 11th was so muggy and windy...perfect stormy weather, but it was no where near us. Windows and doors all opened up and soooooo cold this morning, compared to yesterday. Call us the forgetful crew. My DIL needs white eggs for contests again tomorrow. I came up with one and one half dozen. Most of my hens lay brown eggs. Anyway she forgot to get them on her way out this morning. So then my son and Hadlee were to stop for them. They forgot also. I really doubt he ever heard about it. So now I must drive into town to deliver eggs to the daycare and my DIL. I need to run by the PO anyway, I guess. It is good that we are only five miles from the city limits.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9196 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9196 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2016 :  08:49:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rain, rain and more rain today. I sure hope these April showers bring more flowers in May. Though many have bloomed and we are under another freeze warning tonight. I lost my tulip magnolia blooms. They all turned brown so won't be enjoying those this year. Hoping the lilacs stay hidden until it warms up some. My bleeding heart has bloomed and is untouched so far. Tulips are blooming but lost some of those to the last freeze.
Glad I don't have to be out in this messiness today. We had snow a few days ago. I have never seen snow in April in the 25+ years we have been here. I guess it is crazy weather no matter where you are this year.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2016 :  10:38:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had grey weather mixed with a little sun. Not to cool though.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2016 :  6:36:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, The bees came up from South Georgia, hope they are happy here in the mountains. We are only 6 miles from Tennessee and about 20 miles from NC. Last year he got our bees from a local beekeeper and they did great over the winter. Other beekeepers lost their bees for whatever reason. So far they are happy and flying :)! Our baby chickens are growing like weeds. Got them moved out to the coop :)! Been a busy week! Rain expected tonight, through tomorrow, but my new plants will be happy! Maybe I can get some cleaning done inside!
Have a great night!
Hugs

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2016 :  6:42:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess we are to be getting some high winds and rain and other places will be getting Thunder storms and hail.

We shall see as the evening grows.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2016 :  6:48:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the news about the bees Ruth. I have been interested in keeping bees but my husband drags his feet.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2016 :  4:25:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, they are very interesting little critters :) Dave spends a lot of time with them, which I think is necessary. They are not a get and forget critter! Dave belongs to two Honey Bee clubs and trys to learn as much about them as possible. There are a lot of issues raising them now than there used to be. GMOs, Neonicatoids, diseases :(! We have found the the magazine "Bee Culture" is a wealth of information. We have found it at Tractor Supply, but not all of them have had it! They sure are fun and very rewarding when you harvest their amazing Honey :)!
I think a feed store in Murphy, NC ordered the bees for the club that Dave is in as well as for his customers that come to his store to buy bee supplies. There is also a lot of information on line from bee keepers! Hope this helps!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2016 :  5:15:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth, I would enjoy raising bees, but not ready for the commitment. Cornell University offers a part 1 and part 2 on raising bees. It's on my bucket list!

Gorgeous day today! A glimpse of spring! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2016 :  6:52:29 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice weather here, today. Hope it stays this way, except this weekend is supposed to be solid rain.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2016 :  7:09:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was 80 here today. Go figure. It is supposed to stay in the 70s all week. Things should be on speed grow!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2016 :  8:40:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Starting last night the storm hit and the wind was hard and it was like I didn't have a roof on my garage. It did that twice, but today it cleared and was nice again.
no thank you.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2016 :  8:55:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So the winds were so strong they ripped the roof from your garage?? Did it hurt your car or your house? Are you OK? That was scary. My niece and nephew both live in Wylie Texas. They had horrible hail. My nephew lost his truck, his daughters car and her boyfriends brand new car. My niece has young kids. They said she was mean because she would not let them stand by the Windows and look out. So after it was over she pointed out neighboring homes with broken windows.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2016 :  9:38:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No the roof isn't that good and the side has a gap and I think it just poured through it. I think everything in there must be wet though. My car is outside it was ok. It sure was scary. I am ok I just hate it when it comes from the south like that.The roof next door lets it come right down into there, but it was really hard last night.
I saw a picture of a softball size hail stone on Facebook last night. that was huge, said there was a lot of home and car damage.
some times kids just don't understand, I am glad everyone is allright. sad about all the damage though. Not much you can do to stop that kind of weather.
Take care
hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2016 :  03:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn and Darlene, I'm sorry you've had such weather scares! Our weather was pretty crazy here for the past couple of weeks, but it seems to be settling down. It's still cold at night but I think the freezes are over, which makes the farmers breathe a sigh of relief! Looks like a nice weekend ahead, perfect for Denise and I to have our second Farmgirl "meet up" tomorrow!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 118 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Weather you like it or not! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page