Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Sitting on the porch step enjoying a Sept 2016 day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting on the porch step enjoying a Sept 2016 day Next Topic
Page: of 8

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  7:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Everyone,

September already! Goodness .... fall is just around the corner. I love the four (4) seasons. Such beauty!

So what are you all up to this month? Any special plans that you would like to share? I was thinking of attending the Mother Earth News Fair in PA (Sept 23-25) but it is the same weekend as my Pumpkin's parent weekend. Oh well! Maybe next year!

Catch you all later!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Aug 31 2016 7:47:42 PM

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  7:54:13 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I look forward to cool fall temperatures. And hot cocoa on the porch.

My BF and I are heading to the RV Expo in Elkhart, IN, Sept 18-22. Then up to Grand Rapids again for a few days. We may be pulling a new RB back for our dealer friend.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  8:16:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Counting the days before pumpkins, gourds, and mums show up at Kelly's Fruit/Veg Stand so I can decorate my front porch.

I want to move my grandmother's purple irises from backyard where Annie lays on them to the front yard. I remember the irises from the 1940s when I visited her. I got a start of six in 1973 and brought six with me when I moved to Paris five years ago.

My big goal for the month is to work with Annie to train her to meet walkers/joggers and other dogs on the Trail de Paris without wanting to play with them. She is trained to walk on a leash it's just she has so much energy and when she gets excited she forgets to mind her manners.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  8:21:58 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good luck with Annie, Sara. And I have hundreds of bulbs to plant some iris and some lily - due to uprooting them during my recent still-not-completed landscaping project. This is due to the fact that if there is even a slight possibility of rain mentioned for anywhere within 60 miles, it seems he cannot work on the flagstone because it MIGHT rain at my house. So far - 10 days no rain except in the nighttime and yet he hasn't shown up. Hmmmmmm.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  8:44:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fall like temps here for the weekend! The Delta Fair stars tomorrow! We are planning a trip this month to the Discovery Park in Union City, Tennessee. Only a few years old, but very popular already. The exhibits change quite often and they have a huge slide in the middle for all ages to slide down! They had a huge Pumpkin Patch land last year.

I'm excited today that my brother got Lily June's swing up! We can go out and swing as the weather gets cooler! She outgrew her baby swing fast!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  8:51:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara and Linda! I have Iris bulbs that are old as me! They belonged to my Great Grandmother, Nora. Sara, I dug some up and brought them to my new house in 1973 also from My Granny's house in Friendship, Tennessee, then I dug them up 13 years later and brought them here to the country! We are having 6-8 trees taken down next Saturday, so we can get some more sun!! The Iris have not been blooming as well since the trees have grown so much in the last 30 years.

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie

Edited by - Killarney on Aug 31 2016 8:51:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2016 :  8:52:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, have you had Ed call and use a deep gruff voice?
"Hey, you guys started this project on______, and it is still incomplete. I want you here on_____, to finish it up." Check the weather before he calls.
I love Lily June's swing. She will enjoy it. There is nothing I enjoyed more than a good swing as a kid. My grand daughters also loved to swing.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Aug 31 2016 8:54:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1247 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1247 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2016 :  06:28:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2016 :  07:06:02 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Morning, Sherry. No caffeine yet? LOL

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2016 :  07:07:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or perhaps a night like mine...two hours sleep is not enough.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2016 :  07:29:06 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
4 hours here. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2016 :  08:03:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
3-4 hours is my norm almost every night! 5 hours is a celebration!!

Connie-Killarney
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2016 :  08:52:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Y'all sleep like I do. I don't get it all in at one time. Two hours at a time seems to be my limit. Takes me hours to go back to sleep. In the last couple of weeks I have had some better nights. Don't know if it's because I am keeping my feet warm or there's something about Annie roaming the house helps me to go into a deeper sleep.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2016 :  09:15:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone

Always a treat to pop on in and see what you all are up to!

Linda, goodness you are quite the traveler! Enjoy your trip with your BF.

Connie I love Lily's red swing. DH put a swing up on the old Oak Tree for Pumpkin when she was a toddler, she called it the "crazy swing" as the branch was a tad uneven, making her swing all over the place. She always wanted us to give her a hard push so that she could crazy swing wildly! That kid had no fear! lol Now the swing just sits there, empty! Goodness time just flies!

Lots of memories associated with that swing and the old Oak tree. BTW, that's where our fairies live and Sprites!! These Sprites can sure get into mischief!

I'm still on a finish things up state. Last night I was hoping to get more done but just sort of puttered around. Okay, I made a trip into Plattsburgh to buy a new dishwasher. That always seems to take a lot of my time not to mention that dinner was late too! Maybe tonight I'll hop back into the groove!

Catch you later! Cheers!

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Sep 01 2016 09:15:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3457 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3457 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2016 :  10:21:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy September everyone! We are waiting to see what sort of impact Tropical Storm/Hurricane? Hermine is going to produce for our area. So far, it has been cloudy with a sprinkle here and there. They are thinking we might get 5-7 inches of rain tonight into tomorrow. I hope there won't be a lot of wind, thunder storms or tornados. Those are the three things we get the most when a hurricane comes this close to us. We live about 2 hours from either coast so there is time for the initial impact to wear down, but the winds and tornados are still a problem. We shall see what happens. I just hope we don't lose power for several days because no AC would be miserable!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2016 :  10:34:32 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Prayers to you and your family and neighbor, Winnie. Please keep us posted as to your safety.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2016 :  10:36:03 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Great story about your swing, Carole. We never had a tree large enough to do that. I have a couple now, but my grandsons are getting too old and I;m afraid the almost 100 year old branches, that come down every windstorm, will break if I had one that they used.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2016 :  11:19:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Everyone,

Make sure you sign up to receive notices from all the henhouse sections including "bulletin board". Although you cannot reply to the "bulletin board" post, is it a way for me to keep you informed! So do check it out cuz I just posted something!

Carole

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9226 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9226 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2016 :  12:22:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Loving the weather now. Always makes me happier the closer we get to October.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2016 :  3:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers Winnie! for you and everyone in the path of the storm!

Carole, Love your swing, your right, time goes fast!!

We were blessed with 2 cooler days! So we fed our neighbor's ponies 2 times yesterday!! Lily June loves to feed them. Before we know it she will be starting to school, I'm enjoying every second I can with her!!

Hugs! Connie

Edited by - Killarney on Sep 04 2016 3:36:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2016 :  4:14:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is such a sweet picture of Lily June.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2016 :  4:16:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We celebrated again today. One more baptism in that metal horse trough. Triston was baptised today. Now we are complete.
PRAISE GOD.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Sep 04 2016 4:16:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2016 :  5:09:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Marilyn! That wonderful ! Praise the Lord Indeed!! all Heaven and Earth!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6000 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6000 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2016 :  5:16:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lily June is such a cutie!at all views of her :D

That is so awesome, So good to hear about Triston's baptism.

Have a wonderful week all.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  07:40:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. I ended up going into work on Sunday and working on the website. I'm telling you, owning a small business today is a never ending list of tasks that must be completed, as well as skills that must be acquired! I'm sure our foremothers did not have to have/do all of these things to maintain their small business.

Sunday, I took pictures of over 100 different colour floss, resize the pictures, create a department and input each item ...... I did 85 entries before I went cross eyed! Although I wasn't finished, it was time to go home and rest. Yea, I popped open a bottle of wine and enjoyed a glass! lol

Monday morning I ran away to Starbucks in Plattsburgh and read my book while I enjoyed a latte. It was wonderful to just vegge. I love going there because I don't know anyone and no one knows me. I can hide! Well, I can pretty much hide at our local coffee shop, I just need to make sure I don't look up when someone comes in, just in case they may know me! lol A bit before it was time to leave, I had the opportunity to talk with a retired professor of SUNY Plattsburgh (local state university) who shares some wonderful advise on a project I have been mulling over in my mind.

Well, I best be getting back to that website ..... yawn ..... Catch you later!

Enjoy your day! Cheers!

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on Sep 06 2016 07:42:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  08:29:08 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good luck on your website. This weekend was a relaxing weekend. Saturday Ed and I went over to his co-inlaws and he helped remove a water pump (I think) from a motorhome to replace it.

Sunday we stayed at my place and mainly vegged. I took my son to dinner Sunday night and then he came over and looked at my new (6 months ago) laptop. Living out in the country my Internet is DSL and sloooooooow. My new laptop has never been able to stay up more than a few minutes before getting bumped off. The company SAYS that's because I am "at the end of the line, so it is a slower signal." I keep saying I pay for a good signal and should get one. Now they say they are installing new equipment that will give me a better and faster signal, but then they billed me for this faster service before the equipment was up and running. I called and got a refund for that as soon as I could. Well, my son knows computers pretty well, and he looked at several settings on my laptop and changed one. He has determined that the problem is with the modem that my provider installed. My computer works perfectly with his Internet, Ed had taken it to work and it worked there, and I used it on another network and it worked fine. Guess I have another phone call to make. :-(

And then the saga of my landscaper - he seems to have stiffed me. Living out in the country it is very hard to find good dependable contractors. My landscaper has not come back to repair and finish the drain and flagstone installation in over 2 weeks using "a chance of rain" as his excuse. It rained 2 weekdays in that time period. I already gave him way too much of the total price, and now he does this! I'm tempted to call the local news station that will go and "fight" for us. I hate to do that, but ... What do you think?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting on the porch step enjoying a Sept 2016 day Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page