notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2017 :  12:11:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, holidays have taken over my life since Thanksgiving, so I'm a little late with this one, but here it is!

Things have been busy already! I went to my friend's Christmas party with Jason on Saturday. They had a white elephant exchange, but you had to bring homemade gifts. We brought chocolate spoons, apple butter, grape jam, and coffee liqueur. We left with a burlap coffee bag purse, candles made in a creamer and sugar set, and lotion bars. It was such a fun idea! Everyone had so much fun with it.

Today I'm making wassail and parmesan artichoke dip for our ladies Christmas party tomorrow night. We're going to the gingerbread festival tomorrow morning, and Noelle's birthday party is Saturday. My cousins are coming in from Chicago burbs for that. We also have multiple Christmas parties (per usual) to host between Saturday and into next year. I love my house being full of family and friends around Christmas time. The prep work can get to you though! :)

If you can, post pictures of your house decorated for this wonderful season! I will try to soon. My house is decked out, except for a stubborn and heavy garland that is in need of some heavy duty hooks.

Merry Christmas Farmgirls!!

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Farmgirl of the Month - March 2016

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2655 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2655 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2017 :  2:37:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erin, that sounds like one of the best white elephant exchanges that I've ever heard of! Usually you end up with stuff that you have no idea what to do with....those gifts all sound awesome! And the things you took sound wonderful....someone really scored taking all of that yummy stuff home!
Our tree is sitting outside waiting to come in the house. Oregon used to be the Christmas Tree Growing Capital of the US but there seems to be a shortage this year and apparently will be for the next several years. I guess it has to do with the economy crashing a few years ago and disease, etc. I will have to post a picture when it's finished. My husband started taking over doing the tree as his special thing for the holidays and I tell him it's never looked better! And I'm not just teasing him...it really does look great when he does it!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9306 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9306 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2017 :  4:35:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie,
I think I'd faint if JT ever offered to do the tree. My son usually puts the tree up and then we decorate together. He had a few friends over on his birthday and they decorated the tree. I was more than happy to let them do it. We did another smaller tree too. The big tree is in the front room this year in the big window. Usually we have it in the family room which is at the back of the house. With the littlest one coming we needed it to be in a room we could gate off. JT jr. also put out the village. He likes to get that out but we don't set it up every year. He puts lights on the house and all. I will try to get pictures of some of the things. I have 5 nativity sets that I bring out too.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Dec 12 2017 4:37:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2017 :  08:16:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems like everyone is super busy for the holidays! That's ok! I am too. Today is Noelle's birthday. Her aunt and uncle and my cousins are coming over tonight to celebrate her birthday. We had a party for her last weekend, and it was... woah. Way to crazy for me. Little cousins running around everywhere. It was the first time I've ever felt like a Grinch with my house full of people at Christmas time! I wanted to go hide upstairs, but those cousins were running up and down the stairs very five seconds! It was insane. It really made me rethink the whole party thing. I need to scale it back in a major way.

No pressure on the pictures. I haven't done it yet either! I have every intention of posting some! I will do it soon. I'll try to check in as much as I can, but like everyone else, I'm having difficulty finding the time (pic related). Merry Christmas, farmgirls!

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Farmgirl of the Month - March 2016
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2655 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2655 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2017 :  08:34:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think all moms can relate to this picture...I know I can....

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9306 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9306 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2017 :  1:51:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I spent a little time working on this with my oldest granddaughter this morning. We had fun doing it, which was the whole point. So even though it's a bit messy we had a good time.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3861 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3861 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2017 :  4:19:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are all sick here, its hard when Me, hubby and our son who is our live end caregiver are all sick. We do a bit then rest, we have colds and acute bronchitis. So we help each out in between our resting.
Oh ladies we have not even made our cookies#128542; We do not feel like cooking or eating! But, our niece and our sons girlfriend
are coming so we will get it all finished and Christmas will be amazing. Hopefully we will all feel a bit better come Christmas Eve. It is all about family and friends gathering and spending time together.
I am still working on my Christmas cards could be some of you will get New Years Cards-:)
Thank you so much Denise and Debbie K. for my Christmas cards. Denise in all my years as a Farmgirl 6
years you never forget me.
I look forward to the New Year and getting to know all my Wildflower Sisters better.
Love and Hugs to all.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9306 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9306 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2017 :  4:24:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, So sorry you all are dealing with sickness. Keeping you in my prayers that you will be well and able to enjoy your Christmas together. I have my daughter and family coming and a lot to do to get rooms ready and such but today I just decided it would be more fun to spend time doing the little house with my granddaughter. I want her to have memories of me not being too busy to have some fun with her.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Dec 18 2017 4:25:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

893 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
893 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2017 :  05:51:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Merry December!! I've been away on the other side of the country for a while visiting family. The main reason of the trip was to celebrate my mom's birthday with her. I feel a bit overwhelmed since returning though! I only took one child with me, and there's so much to catch up on in terms of house cleaning, Christmas etc. We do homemade gifts, so I made my husband (Tyson) and the boys (Levi - 9 and Tevan - 7) matching PJ's, and I made my daughter (Lily-anne - 11) a quilt. My mom has a long-arm quilting machine, so I brought the quilt with me to quilt there. My oh my - that machine is fun!! It's a bit addicting :) I'm have two more sides of the binding to tack on, and then I'm done. I also have a couple of little gifts - like fabric bookmarks and a microwave bowl - that I am going to make. Today I hope to finish everything, and get in some baking. I would love to take pictures of the house - it's a bit of a process though, because I have to do it on my camera, and then download on my computer etc. But I will try sooner rather than later! :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9306 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9306 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2017 :  06:33:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are a couple of pictures of the tree we did with mom and dad ornaments.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2655 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2655 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2017 :  07:25:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joyce, you are going to be busy today! I have never tried out a longarm machine but I'm always "drawn" to them whenever I'm in the sewing machine store....kind of like there's this beacon shining down on them and I'm walking in a quilter's trance over to where they are! It would really be fun to try one out!
Denise, I love the vintage ornaments! They are beautiful!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

893 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
893 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2017 :  10:15:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finished it though, Debbie! Oh how good it felt. I got 24dozen baked goods baked :) And delivered!! :D It was truly fun, and all the sewing projects got done too. Merry Christmas everyone! May your day be special celebrating the birth of our risen Saviour!!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9306 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9306 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2017 :  10:24:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote