Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Wildflower Farmgirls
 Project Discussions
 100 Days Until Christmas!?!?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic 100 Days Until Christmas!?!? Next Topic  

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2019 :  06:19:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning dear friends! Can you believe that there are only 100 days until Christmas??? How is this possible? I'm excited on one hand, but kinda blah on the other. I'm struggling to get into the Christmas spirit this year, but need to so I have enough time to make gifts! So I thought if I posted on here, maybe we could help each other with ideas... ideas for traditions with family, special plans, gift ideas, decorating ideas, food ideas, etc. So let's hear it my friends... what do you have planned?

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2019 :  06:25:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I figured since I threw the question out there, I should comment, hahaha. The children have requested a craft night this year, where we all sit together and work on a craft or two. We will also have our yearly Grinch night, where we read the book during the day, eat food to celebrate the Grinch and watch the movie... this year I am thinking I might take it a step further and make an actual dinner rather than just snacks for during the movie... I'm thinking Who Roast Beast, Who Hash, and a Grinch-y Green Salad. I would also like to do a Charlie Brown Christmas dinner, but I need to put some thought into that one! We will also have a day where we bake cookies!

Gift ideas - I'm running a blank! I'm debating taking a picture of Brad and I and turning it into a clock... but we will see. For my oldest, maybe a journal? My younger girls I may make some baby doll clothing... I just don't know! Usually I am more on top of things!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9305 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9305 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2019 :  08:47:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am just not ready for this yet. LOL. I am still working on fall. We have 6 birthdays before we get to Christmas. Most of the time I am birthday shopping and Christmas shopping at the same time.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2019 :  09:37:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can totally understand that Denise! I think that may be why I am struggling so much right now! I need to start planing earlier and earlier, or I just cannot get things accomplished, but I want to enjoy Fall! I just do not know how to get it all done! I have to believe there is a way to balance it all, yet I feel like I am failing miserably!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2655 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2655 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2019 :  10:40:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love fall! It's my favorite season. Part of it is that planning time before Christmas. I don't know that I will be making any gifts this year. I usually do. It's kind of fun to be working on gifts before Christmas gets here. But...I just don't feel like I want the pressure this year, either. I'd rather have more quiet Advent time, reading, having a family dinner, baking with the grandkids, watching Hallmark Christmas movies. I have a crocheted tablecloth that I just knew that I could get done by this Christmas. I COULD, if that's all I did. I decided that I will finish it next year and just do whatever sounds fun and calls my name that day.
Right now I'm working on a Christmas tree skirt and just sewing and putting all of the colors together is so much fun!
I remember your last Christmas, Shannon! I still can't get over how much sewing you finished! I am so impressed! How are you feeling?

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2019 :  11:06:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Debbie <3 I'm just not feeling it this year! Brad has surgery on his back neck week... he is off work for 2-3 weeks, and then a three month recovery. That takes us right up to Christmas. That means I have to do everything around here. That isn't quite true... my kids will help, for sure, but otherwise, it is on me! Maybe that is why I'm so not in the Christmas spirit!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2655 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2655 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2019 :  11:34:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, Shannon! Don't be so hard on yourself! Just enjoy each day as it comes. You are going to have your hands full with taking care of Brad and yourself....plus the everyday duties of being a mom. Do what you can do and delegate to those that can help you.
You deserve a break after all you did last year! haha I remember doing my Homestead Christmas badge. I took all year to get it done. It was rewarding but exhausting, too. And you did SO much! I'm sure that it will be a special Christmas memory for all of you. But this year will have its own special memories, even if you don't go all out with making gifts, etc. Sometimes simple is good!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2019 :  3:01:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon if you have a craft night, perhaps your kids could make something for family members, or the family tree. When I was a third grader our teacher gave us a sheet of paper with violets printed on it. She asked us to color it nicely. I found that little Mothers Day card a while back. Mother had saved it, not because it was wonderful...but because of my handwriting inside and it was flat, so she could keep it in her Bible or a memory album etc.

I am going to send you an email. Ok!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic 100 Days Until Christmas!?!? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page