Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 A Merry and Bright December~2019
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic A Merry and Bright December~2019 Next Topic
Page: of 6

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9125 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9125 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2019 :  03:56:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn,
That was nice you kept the dishes to pass along in the family.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4631 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4631 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2019 :  6:44:12 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just a reminder - we are off to Germany tomorrow and I will not be on line very often. Talk to you again on the 30th or 31st.

Thanks for all cards received so far, and I will thank you for those I receive when I am gone when we get back.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2019 :  7:35:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda...again have fun. Enjoy your German Christmas. Remember we love you.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1179 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1179 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2019 :  05:59:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a wonderful time Linda.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2019 :  10:43:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got an email back from Darlene regarding her correct mailing address since my thanksgiving card got returned. She is still at her hospital address, but she said that if we mail anything to her home address, it will be forwarded or brought over to her at the hospital. Just an FYI in case anyone has a question.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9125 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9125 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2019 :  5:39:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a great trip Linda!

Winnie, thank you for the information on Darlene.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9125 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9125 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2019 :  12:40:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have managed to get lots done today. Finished going through my Christmas things to downsize. I've had laundry going, kitchen cleaning and running errands as well as a bit of office work. Feel like I was productive today. Thought I'd pop in and see what everyone is up to. Still have some things to finish up. I've been working on some crochet things while I take a tea and quick movie break.
I can always fold laundry while I watch. Lol.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Dec 16 2019 12:44:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5981 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5981 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2019 :  12:56:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Winnie!

I sure do love my cards from you all too!

They are beautiful and cheerful to look at here.

Thanks again!

Love hugs and blessings

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2019 :  2:38:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, I love your display of Christmas cheer. I think everyone who comes into your room and sees them...stops to admire them...then they have a better day.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2019 :  2:40:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love your way of thinking Denise.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2019 :  07:41:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, I love your cards!! I Thank all of you for mine. Lily June and I love hanging them up on the dining room door.
Cold here. My house is being repaired and painted. Theya e almost done!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9125 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9125 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2019 :  08:16:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Working on the guest room today. Getting things cleaned out and ready for company. Can't wait to see the grands again. It's been two years since they have been home. Of course as you know we have been there to visit but it's not the same as having them come home. So tidying up!
I enjoy being busy if I can keep motivated. LOL, not an easy thing for me.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2624 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2624 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2019 :  09:07:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just getting caught up here this morning...have the day to myself...I am hoping to get to work on a shirt that I am making for Brad for Christmas and get some baking done. I haven't done any so far. We finished decorating last night, getting the tree decorated and decorating the garland that I hang between the living and dining rooms. As I was going through the last of the storage tubs that we brought down from the attic, I decided it was time to purge and reorganize again when I put things away in January.
Julie, I checked out the Toft website...so many fun things! Now on my list of favorites! I just remembered to order my W2's and forms for tax season, which unfortunately starts next month. I'm sure that you love filing ag reports and paperwork as much as I do....
The cat/Christmas tree stories are SO funny! My sister had a psycho cat and I don't know how many trees he destroyed...he even stripped a string of M & M Christmas lights off of her tree!
When our 2 kids were growing up, they both got a new ornament every year. My son collected Star Wars and my daughter, the Barbie in ballgown ornaments. When they got married, their ornaments went with them. I feel bad for my DIL, who gets to "enjoy" a complete Star Wars Christmas tree, complete with Yoda at the top...not my idea of festive, but the 3 grandboys love it, too. One year I went in to where my 2 were decorating because Katie was hollering at her brother about something...they always argued about who's ornament got the place of honor at the top. I walked in to find Hans Solo shooting at the Barbie. ugh
I decided to start collecting what I wanted, knowing that someday they would be taking their things with them, so I began collecting blown glass German ornaments. I love their shine and sparkle! And they mix well with Brad's favorite classic shiny ball ornaments.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1153 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1153 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2019 :  10:12:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to set up my Christmas village every year and every year the kids would enhance it somehow. Usually it was invaded with my son's little green plastic army guys, and toy tanks, a ceramic kitten or plastic dinosaur in the manger, or the Millennium Falcon on a housetop. It is probably a good thing I have no place to set it up now as I'm sure the cats would have as much fun with it as the kids did.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2624 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2624 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2019 :  10:22:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, Judith, that is funny! That sounds just like something my kids would do, too!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2019 :  11:01:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I put mine out this year for Lily june. Its been about 10 years since I had. Its a lot of work. Started collecting it in the 1980's. Dept. 56 Dickens Village. Sold a lot of it this year.
Connie

Edited by - Killarney on Dec 17 2019 4:07:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2019 :  3:01:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. A lot has been going on but wanted to catch. Connie I love your village. I have huge village but no place to put it, but the last 3 years didn't feel like it. I have 32 village building , ponds, roads, ponds, trees, people. So much. The only thing I did was put out the tree. It sits in a extra bedroom under a tree bag. It just take the bag off and bring it out. Easy peasy. And 2 little Christmas strobe lights shown on the ceiling which we thing is cute. Our dogs just look at it. Its hilarious.
I cant believe this is the end of Dec. We are having cold weather which it makes it seem like Christmas. Been drinking a lot of hot tea and hot chocolate. Yum. I just love reading
everyones traditions.

Other news went to doctor had a shot of cortisone and anti-inflammatory and it has made a big difference in my knees. Feels better. My sister had her bone marrow transplant and she says is fine so far. Has to be in hospital for a few weeks. But so far so good. My brother is doing much better. So thank you everyone for all the thoughts and prayers. They helped so much. You all mean so much to me. Love you bunches..
Hugs Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2019 :  4:08:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Marlee! Prayers for you and your sister! Merry Christmas
Connie
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2019 :  6:21:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie thank you for posting your village. Last year the girls and Triston put ours together, but this year no one had the time. So it is so good to see yours. Does Lily June play with your little people??? The girls loved to play with ours ...for years...resulting in broken (broked legs) etc. So for a long time I had to buy new people. Then one year Dollar Tree had an Easter village with bunnies and carrots. It took several trips to dollar tree, but we made the cutest most colorful village...and it all fit on one long narrow table.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1153 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1153 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2019 :  6:29:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie -- I love your village and all its little people

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2624 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2624 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2019 :  7:14:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, Connie! That is so much fun! I can imagine that it took awhile to get set out, too! But what wonderful memories you are making for Lily June. One of my "older ladies" at church who is like a mom to me was just talking about this last Sunday. As of last year, she was still putting up her own outside lights...but won't be doing that this year. But decorates the whole inside of her house. She knows that it's a lot of work and is planning on cutting back, but she remembers visiting her grandparents and how special it was and wants to recreate that for her grandchildren. That's what I was thinking about last night when we were decorating the tree and garland....wanting to make things pretty and special for my grandchildren, too.
Marlee, so glad that you are feeling better! Prayers for you and your family...my dad had a bone marrow transplant years ago. It sounds like your sister is going to be just fine!!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1179 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1179 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2019 :  7:49:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, your village is beautiful. Debbie, I gave each of my 3 children ornaments as well. We always add an ornament when we travel and I also collect the German Ornaments. They add so much sparkle to the tree. My tree down stairs is home to all my vintage ornaments. I didn't unpack everything this year, with still trying to harvest corn on the nice days, running to the granddaughters ball games and other holiday projects there just aren't enough hours in the day.
We have already had one tax appointment, spent a good week catching up on all the book work for that. It sure is easy to get behind. I just hand all the information for W2's and 1099's over to the accountant, they do all the paper work, send everything out and do the filing for us.
Yes Toft is a fun site and unique company. I am behind on my crochet along already. But can hopefully catch up In a few days.
Today was our day in the city to wrap up Christmas. 13 hours was about 12 more than I cared to do. But we also had a few appointments scheduled in there as well so it was OK. I can officially say I will not be back to town to shop until after the first of the year. We always do a prime rib for Christmas Day and I was happy that SAMs Club had the perfect size for us. I got the cheesecake sampler for dessert as well so I don't need to worry about that. Good thing they freeze well.
The weather is supposed to be nice the rest of the week so we will hopefully get some combining done.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2019 :  8:44:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie tell me how to cook a Prime rib, please. I'm so tired of gobblers and oinkers. I've always looked at the Prime ribs in the store, but due to the cost and the fact that I have never cooked one...let's just say I have never been brave enough to try.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9125 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9125 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2019 :  07:25:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, I did the same with mine and now my son has a stars wars tree of his own and the girls have their things. I still have their baby ornaments and ones they made for me in school and such.
When my son was still home one year he put a top hat as the tree topper. Not my style but I left it up anyway.

Marlee, my cousin does her tree that way too. She doesn't have to decorate or undo it every year. Just brings it out.

Connie, your village is so pretty. I'm not sure where mine is Maybe the basement, but I don't have a place for it this year.

I really need to get baking but after doing the one guest room I am continuing in the other bedrooms today. Then everything will be ready and I can enjoy my kids and grands. I'll get to the baking soon I hope.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2019 :  07:46:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My son added a big, big "closet" on to the big den of a home for a couple who owned a big feed store.
She had a huge collection of Hallmark ornaments. She wanted to decorate her tree and when it felt perfect to her, she did not want to remove the ornaments! So the tree was attached to a base with rollers, and when Christmas was over, each year, all they had to do was open the tall double doors and gently roll the tree into its hiding place! That was about 20 years ago.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Project Discussions: Previous Topic A Merry and Bright December~2019 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page