hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2019 :  12:17:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hoping all you sweet sisters had a wonderful Thanksgiving (Joyce - if I remember correctly, yours was in October!). Things here were pretty quiet, other than communicating with my family in Maryland, as my Dad went the ER and then was admitted to the hospital. Yesterday we decorated for Christmas and then today we are cleaning up and getting a blizzard! I desperately need to work on Christmas gifts, but I still need to "find" my dining room table, which is covered in I don't even know what! Oh the joys ;)

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

Edited by - hudsonsinaf on Nov 30 2019 12:22:29 PM

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

893 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
893 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2019 :  12:27:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, that's right Shannon! My Thanksgiving is the second Monday in October. I hope you all had a lovely day!

We are having a blizzard right now - got to finish up decorating for Christmas this morning. Just had garland left to put up on some trim. I feel so lazy today - I haven't had a day like this in months. I'm usually go go go - my list is huge huge huge - but I don't feel like go go go - I've been reading a lot, which I'm really enjoying, despite my list :/ :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2019 :  2:31:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't it a bit sad that we feel guilty when we sit and read or nap...etc.
Finally I have figured out that...until I get busy and do the chores that ineed to do...they won't be done. There is no dish fairy, no sweep and mop the floor fairy.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2019 :  8:17:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joyce - How neat that we are both getting blizzards today!!! I wonderful if Debbie is being affected!

Marilyn - My children are still convinced there are multiple fairies in the house, especially a laundry fairy. In fact, my hubby may believe too, hahahaha! Normally I enjoy being busy. Recently I have struggled to accomplish all I need to do!

I think the snow, especially the drifts, are going to cause some reorganization of my schedule this week. We only have one vehicle right now that is running, and I'm just not up to driving on ice at o'dark in the morning and then coming home, so I can have a vehicle, to go back at o'dark in the evening to pick up hubby. It is close to a two hour round trip!!! But what makes it so much worse is the black ice and the drifts. Just not my cup of tea!!! speaking of tea, I think I'm going to go have a cup. Have a wonderful evening my friends <3

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2019 :  8:27:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, we are not snowed in...but I enjoy being at home so much that I stay here whenever possible. My hubby is always on the go.Not me.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

893 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
893 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2019 :  04:21:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder if Debbie is too! I just received a gift from my sister - 24 days of tea - an advent tea calendar! So, I'm excited to sit with a cup of tea this morning, as we're snowed in and can't go to church :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2638 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2638 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2019 :  11:37:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Belated Thanksgiving, Sisters!
We have been in Montana for Thanksgiving and are leaving for home in Oregon today. HOME got about 6" of snow this week and COLD temperatures, down to 0 and below. On the other hand, Montana got NOTHING!!! I am bummed BUT I am now excited to head home, put away all of the pumpkin decorations that I put out and begin a quiet season of Advent, waiting for Christmas....AND enjoying the snow!
Shannon, be safe out there!
Joyce, the advent tea calendar sounds wonderful! Just right up your alley!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9203 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2019 :  2:02:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was working on putting away the fall things. Did that yesterday. Have to find a smaller tree for this year. We have so many coming that we can't fit the tree and everyone in the room so we will see what we can find.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3788 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3788 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2019 :  2:51:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, we had more snow than usual and it had been bitterly cold! We had Thanksgiving with our friends across the way. First time in 45 years that I have not cook Thanksgiving Dinner. Kent is in Illinois with family and is feeling better at the lower altitude. His oxygen levels have been great! But, I am lonely and miss him so much as does Tom. But, I am trying so hard not to be sad, as right now this is what Kent needs to feel better and have a quality of life. He is enjoying being with family and had a fabulous Thanksgiving.
Sorry I have not been more active in the Henhouse, but we are so busy packing.
Monday I will contact a Real Estate Agent in Oregon so they can help us find a house to rent for 6 Months or so. We have 5 dogs and we are having trouble finding a house to rent . So we are hoping they can help. Rent with the option to buy would be great so we will see.
I am happy everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
I am putting up my small tree with the train underneath, but it won’t be the same without Kent.
Well back to packing, I will try to keep in touch more.
Love y’all.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2019 :  3:37:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn - they is definitely a peace and joy in staying home!!!

Joyce - what an awesome gift! And such a fun way to count down to Christmas!

Debbie K - sorry you didn't get any snowing Montana, but glad you are going home to some! I have no clue what we ended up with! The drifts are over four feet tall!!!

Denise - sorry for having to Geta smaller tree, but how. wonderful that you will have so many people there! I miss the family gatherings!!!!

Debbie F - So glad you had friends to celebrate with! I'm sure you miss Kent terribly and he, you guys! But how wonderful that it has already made it easier for him! I'm so hoping you find a home you are happy with!!! Much love to you my friend, as you pack <3

Today I have been working on cutting patterns out. I have some sewing to do before Christmas (what is new!?!?). We have one of our goats in our house right now. The poor thing was laying outside in the snow crying! Sadly, from the looks of things, he is nothing to pull through! Oddly, this has caused a lot of anger within me. I'm angry with my husband, as I had asked him to move our younger goats into the back stalls of the girls' pens, and he didn't. I am mad at my boys as they are the primary ones taking care of the goats right now with my hubby overseeing them, and they hadn't been giving the boys any minerals or sweetfeed. But honestly, I'm mad my dad is in the hospital. I'm mad that we lost Cassie. I'm mad that I cannot have any more children. I'm just plain and simply mad. It is a weird feeling for me, as I'm not generally angry, or if I am, it quickly goes away....

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2019 :  4:04:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon I think anger is ok in your situation. Pray that God can help you forgive your husband and sons. I understand your anger about losing your ability to have children. I was angry at 23 when I was told I probably could never get pregnant again. The nurse who came to my bedside because she heard my crying just told me to dry my tears and thank God for the one son He had given me. So God gave me hundreds of kids to teach and love. And He has allowed me to live close to my one son most of his 55 years. And ...What a joy it was when he gave me two grand daughters to love. We never know what plans and surprises God has in store for us. I'm praying for you.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2019 :  4:07:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie I know you miss your son so much, but hopefully you can be together again soon. What part of Oregon are you trying to find a home in?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3788 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3788 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2019 :  5:06:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are looking between Salem and Eugene on the coast.
We really like Tillamook so I think I will get an agent there. Debbie K. told me she used Keller Williams when they were moving so I will call them first.
It does not matter really where we rent southern Washington is or North Oregon on a he coast so we will see.

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3788 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3788 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2019 :  5:25:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Sweet Shannon I hope and pray that your life will get better for you soon. As hard as it is for you, right or wrong but you must forgive Brad and your sons. The more it festers the harder it will be for you. Know that it is has been very hard on your family the last fewbmonths as well and they are too trying to figure things out. You know I love you Shannon and you love your family so much it hurts but you need to let this one go. You will have other battles to fight.
I hope your poor little goats will survive with your love and caring heart. Now, I would love to have a goat or two in my house lol.
Denise, have you made any progress in where you and JT will move. I really do not mind the smaller tree and simple decorations, it is kind of nice.
Joyce your tea advent calendar sounds lovely. Wish we could visit and enjoy a cup together.
Debbie, next year we will be in Oregon for the holidays and I can not wait, I am looking for a little less snow!
And I am looking forward to one day meeting you.
Marilyn isn’t is great being snowed in every now and again, I get so much done. And thank you for your words of encouragement, you always know the right thing to say.
Hugs to each and everyone.

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

893 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
893 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2019 :  5:39:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a lovely thread to read though and catch up! So much encouragement from everyone - I feel so warm and fuzzy inside when I read through this and see how everyone is caring and building each other up. It's amazing. Shannon - I'm praying for you. I wish I was there to give you a hug and spend some time with you. Debbie - a cup of tea together would be so fun!! Hmmm...I can picture it already - we could sit together at my kitchen table, I'd have cookies and we'd look out at the snow, while we are cozy and warm sitting together chatting :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2638 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2638 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2019 :  9:29:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Joyce. Reading this thread just makes me happy. You girls are the best!
Debbie, you never know...we could be meeting one of these days!
Marilyn, you always know what to say. You have blessed so many lives by being a teacher. And you bless us on here.
Shannon, I wish I knew what to say. I know that you don't want to have a blow up in your family. Don't put a lot of pressure on yourself right now. Just do what you can do and let yourself grieve and heal. You and your family are always in my prayers.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2019 :  7:34:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie and Debbie - I so hope the two of you can get together <3. I need to figure out how far away it is and maybe I can escape and join you two for a weekend! How lovely that would be! You two are amazing!

Marilyn - thank you for the encouragement! I actually quit being mad before I ever went to sleep. I just cannot stay mad... That is one of the many blessings God has bestowed on me!

Debbie F - sadly, our goat did not survive. I honestly wonder if our older buck is a bully, as last year we lost a different buck. We are hoping to sell him soon, as he is related to many of our younger goats.

Joyce - I love the other groups and the main board, but this group of ladies is just extra special! We really are a family! Spread out, but a family nonetheless!I posted on the new thread, but we really do need to all come visit you and rent out your bed and breakfast!

Debbie K - Thank you for your continued prayers! <3

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts