hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2020 :  08:41:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A new month, year, and decade has begun... I always look forward to the new year, in hopes of changes for the better. I guess it is kinda silly, in some ways, as each new day... or even each new moment... is an opportunity for changes for the better. Yet, still, I like to set myself some goals for the year. I' love to hear what some of your goals for the year are! I'm really hoping to actually complete all my badges this year. Pretty lofty goal, but we will see how close I can get! Another one of my goals is to cook more freezer meals. I'm actually grocery shopping today to do a bunch of freezer meals on Monday.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2020 :  1:32:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon you sound like you are feeling a !ot better! God bless you.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jan 04 2020 1:32:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

893 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
893 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2020 :  2:49:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted a zero waste swap on the main forum...I hope you'll entertain the thought of joining me :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2020 :  05:05:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Grove is a company in Missouri??? They sell paper products made from bamboo and sugarcane...no trees. I have been using it for many months. They offer toilet tissue, paper towels, paper napkins, facial tissues and small purse packs in a bundle. They call it Seedling!
They also have so many more products that are earth friendly. They sell their own as well as other name brands.
If you decide you like their products and want to continue ordering pay $20 for a VIP pass and shipping is free.
Now I will sign up today to receive a postage paid mailer so I can recycle some of their packaging.
I hope some of you will check them out!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

893 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
893 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2020 :  05:36:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is great Marilyn! Can you share on the swap page too?

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2020 :  08:54:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2638 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2638 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2020 :  5:00:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon....you are hoping to complete all of your badges, as in the ones you started already....or ALL OF THE BADGES???
I just ordered a badge planner from MaryJane. It will be nice to work with something a little smaller than the huge binder I have everything in. First I need to finish those that I have started and get them applied for...and then I can work on some new ones. I did very few last year and I really miss it!
I finally got all of our Christmas stuff put away today. I have been purging and organizing and have decided that we can live with FAR less stuff! I usually put out snowman decorations in January. I had some out and I looked at it today and just decided to put it all away. Wasn't feeling it this year. I'm just wanting a cleaner look. I thought that maybe I should leave it out in the garage cupboard until next year and see if I still feel the same. OR....I could just box it up and take it to a local thrift store and bless someone else with it right now. That might be what I end up doing tomorrow.

For Christmas this year, I asked Brad if he could McGyver my old and dearly loved sewing table (which has a place for a sewing machine and serger) so that it would hold my new machines. I have been having to swap machines out in my new table for several years and it's kind of a pain. I had an aha moment yesterday when we were moving my new treadmill into the back bedroom (hooray!!! no longer in my dining rooom! SO excited!) that I could actually get both sewing tables into my sewing room with a little re arranging. I have a little bit more organizing to do and then I am ready to sew and get some projects done!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2638 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2638 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2020 :  5:02:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joyce, I am going to check out your zero waste swap. As of January 1, our stores are no longer carrying plastic bags, which is fine by me. I think they are so wasteful, especially when your checker thinks that 1 item per bag is the way to go....ugh...
But, now we are being charged for paper bags if they are used. I have a stack of fabric shopping bags in my car. I need to move them up to behind my seat so I can remember to take them in with me now.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9196 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9196 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2020 :  07:56:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie,
Your post is exactly what I am doing this year. Purging. As much as I love snowmen to decorate with I got rid of a bunch before Christmas. I kept a few I have received from farm girls and a favorite I have had for years.
I went through a lot before and as I am now putting it away and organizing I am hoping to downsize even more. Sometimes less is more.
I wish that they would do that here with the plastic bags. I use them for trash bags in the bathrooms. We had heard rumors that they were going to start charging for them last October but they never did it. I have so many cloth bags I keep in my car. A couple of thermal ones as well. Just have trouble remembering to put them back in the car.
I joined Joyce's swap. A great way to promote the use of reusable things!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 07 2020 08:02:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3784 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3784 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2020 :  08:21:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This new year we will be going on a new journey to a new state with a new home to make new memories.
So as I pack for our new life I am also purging, throwing away and giving things away. A lot of work but I can not take it all to Oregon.
Our biggest wish, hope and prayer is that our Son Kent will have a quality of life and his disease will not progress, it will be slowed down with treatment and he will live a long and healthy life. Ocean smell and fresh air are a great cure.
And I wish all my Farmgirl Sisters the best for the New Year too, love, Joy, happiness and great health.
I love you all.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2020 :  02:55:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, thank you! You and your husband are making huge changes in your lives. Will your other son also be going to Oregon? God bless you!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3784 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3784 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2020 :  08:31:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh we only have one son, Kent,
He is off to the hospital for his Ultrasound now.

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2020 :  12:04:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did not realize that. I remember that you said your son moved back home to help you and your husband out...I think that was when you were having a lot of tests, etc. Lots of doctors appointments...please let me know about his test results.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2020 :  2:20:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And again I seemed to fall off the planet! One day I will get consistent with everything in my life, hahaha.

Debbie K - I am hoping to do ALL of them... though looking over them today, it probably won't happen, hahaha, but we will see. I at least want to get one whole section done!

Debbie F - continuing to pray for all of you <3

Joyce - I will go and check out the main forum here in just a few!

Denise - I so wish they would go back to paper bags! I have quite a few from 31 as well, but they don't seem to last with the weight I put in them :(

Marilyn - I will definitely be checking that company out! Thank you so much for sharing it!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2020 :  2:32:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie what did your sons ultra sound show? Prayers.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2020 :  1:46:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I noticed Deb hasn't been on here in While and didn't want everyone to be worrying, so... Kent's ultrasound was good and his disease has not really progressed :). God is so very good!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3784 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3784 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2020 :  6:07:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much Shannon for giving our Farmgirls am update on Kent, I really appreciate you.
My Farmgirl Sisters I am so sorry I did not get back to you on Kent’s update. We had one of my Doxies sick, my Mama Heidi. It turned out she had a mass on her small bowel so last Thursday they did surgery to remove it. While they were in there they found a nodule on her spleen, so they took her spleen out. They also had to do a biopsy of her liver as it did not look good, she has Cushings Disease and that really affects the liver. Then they took the mass off her bowel and resectioned her small bowel and her large intestine. So, we stayed at a hotel as we were an hour away from the Vet Hospital and we wanted to be able to visit her. She was in the hospital for 3 days. She had been through so much and is a strong little girl. Now we are waiting for all the biopsy’s to come in hopefully by tomorrow. We are hopeful and praying they will not find anymore bad stuff.
Yes, as Shannon said The Ultrasound showed Kents disease had not progressed very much. The Pulmonary Doctor and Cardiologist were happy with the results and said that being at a lower elevation for a month and a half really helped. So now he and His Dogs and Tom (Dad) will go with him to get him settled in a rental, set him up to see a Pulmonary Doctor and Cardiologist and anything else he needs then he will fly back home.
Our house is on the market so we hope it sells fast.
They you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jan 28 2020 6:12:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2020 :  6:39:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, I'm sorry about your mama doggie. I sure hope she recovers quickly and lives a long time.
I'm also glad Kent is stable!
So you will be moving pretty soon...
Please be sure you let us know your new address, so we can write to you and send cards. Do you have any other family in Colorado or Oregon?I

Shannon how is your family doing? How are you and Brad feeling?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic January 2020 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page