Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 What we are working on ~ 2020
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic What we are working on ~ 2020 Next Topic
Page: of 24

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2020 :  09:06:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A new year to be filled with new projects. I think I just found my mojo for quilting. Seemed I had lost it.

Looking forward to seeing what you are all up to on the creative side!

Catch you all later!

Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9176 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9176 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2020 :  10:19:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole,
So glad you have your quilting mojo back!

I am planning to work on more unfinished projects this year. I have 4 that I can think of off the top of my head,but I know there are more than that.
Need to get back at that sewing machine.
I passed my Singer treadle to my daughter and my old Singer to my granddaughter. I have another identical to the granddaughter's that belonged to my mom. Needs a tune up I'm sure but now I am down to 2 machines which is perfect for what I need. I am working on setting up my sewing area in the bigger extra room.
I do have a quilt I need to finish up in the next couple weeks to give to my grandson.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1169 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1169 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2020 :  11:01:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This year I'm going to try and finish projects also. Too many unfinished projects around here and life is getting shorter.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2020 :  6:37:34 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have WAYYYYYYYYYYY too many projects, but as soon as we get moved into the new house and get everything in order and my farmhouse sold, I will be working on finishing some of my many projects.

Do any of you know someone who might want to buy a 12+ acre farm and a 118 year old farmhouse in east Texas?
Anyone want to help me organize my sewing room? I still have 23 sewing machines. as soon as we get back from the Caribbean I will post some for sale in Facebook Marketplace. I have a few that are not vintage antiques, just older Singers and other models.

All help appreciated. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 10 2020 6:39:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2020 :  8:03:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda you could probably display some of them on top of the shelves or cabinets you store your fabrics in. Then your inspiration would always be visible.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2020 :  8:44:38 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I thought of that, Marilyn, but these vintage machines weigh a lot and the shelf would have to be very sturdy. This is definitely a possibility.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3452 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3452 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2020 :  05:57:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am thinking my new list of projects for 2020 are going to be around some little fix up jobs I have identified. I recently found some red check contact shelf paper and lined my kitchen drawers and they all look so cute when I open them up. It also gave me a chance to clean and weed them out of unnecessary stuff. I hate kitchen clutter and not being able to put my fingers on just what I need when I want it. Recently, I have seen some uses of faux brick contact wallpaper in magazines and I am going to try that in my kitchen. I have never had a backsplash and have always loved the look of old brick . The good news is that if I don’t like it, I can just peel if off and no harm done. It is also not that expensive for a big roll. I also have some ideas for creating a bit of room in my laundry/sewing machine area. With recent down sizing old stuff, the existing shelves have some available space which I can use. Everything in there is tight and my sewing machine area is like being in a closet. Really small area!!! But I have it all fixed with Farmgirl cuteness and a few laundry primitives and it feels cozy. I am good with it and some extra space will make it even better!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2020 :  06:50:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saved a picture of a linen closet from a BH&G mailer. They used white wire shelving...and that made me think of that white wire shelving my hubby salvaged from that remodel last autumn. I've never had a place for my brooms, vacuum, etc and this photo shows that! I even have two closets in the utility room...if I ever get them ready to go. The smaller one is for egg cartons...some day!

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jan 11 2020 06:51:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Maryellen
Denver North Carolina
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2020 :  12:37:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie I recently did a huge declutter. In fact I need to do it again. But I couldn't agree with you more on having to dig in your kitchen to find what you need. I have found I am doing and enjoying so much more not having to hunt for things. I am getting so many craft projects completed. So far I haven't missed any thing I have given away! I completed last night one of those Diamond Dot bead projects. They are so mindless and when I do one I say never again. I have done three. I am also working on a hand quilt that I cut out last night. I cut it out by lantern, I totally felt Amish. My youngest will be having her baby any day now and I needed a traveling hand held craft. Every month I make a favor for my book club which was a great idea when there were about 12 members, now it has grown to 40. I do enjoy crafting so I consider it a blessing to be able to do it. And I have already finished my Valentines Day cards for my Farm Sisters! I was afraid the upcoming grand might interfere so I made those last week. Just have to address and stamp. Carole I took a break from quilting for years and surprisingly it's what I really like to do right now. Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2020 :  1:28:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Painting is my love. But I have not painted in years! Now I look back and a part of me wishes I had retired earlier than at age 74. Sewing has been my focus rather than painting.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2020 :  5:13:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been purging/de-cluttering myself .... so much stuff that I really did not need. It does feel good to purge.

I finished this little quilt for Felix ... a coworker's first time grand child

And .... I had my first playdate with Penelope ..... Hello Penelope, it's been such a long time since we've played

So grateful that my friend Nancy pushed me to set up my quilting studio. It makes all the difference.

Catch you all later.

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1169 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1169 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2020 :  5:59:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got a lot of sewing done up at the trailer this weekend. Got all of the little components done for my mini quilt class so now just have to sew the parts together. I just love sitting up there sewing on my hand crank machine and watching the wildlife out the window. DH was in a hurry to get home so I accidentally left my prescription up there so he's going to have to go backup tomorrow and get it. Haste makes waste :-)

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Maryellen
Denver North Carolina
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2020 :  6:38:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith sometimes you do get more done when you are not at home. I worked on cutting out a quilt while looking outside today. The birds were chirping, like screaming "It's 70 degrees and this is January we should have snow!" Carole I love that quilt. What a great gift. And yes I am getting so much more done since I have decluttered. The decluttering has not only freed up my craft room but has really helped clear up my mind. So much easier to find things and I don't have that weight on me. Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2020 :  8:44:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, the baby will certainly enjoy your quilt, as will it's parents and grandparents. I can see tiny fingers tracing the outlines of the stars and trying to pick the tiny flowers. Of course it will be a few months...

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jan 12 2020 8:45:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9176 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9176 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2020 :  06:23:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole,
What a beautiful gift. I'm sure the parents will love using it for their little one!

The craft room is calling me today. Still have things to organize and do some more decluttering. I feel so much better when everything is organized but I find I am my own enemy when it comes to keeping it that way.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2020 :  06:56:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too Denise.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1189 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1189 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2020 :  09:20:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, that quilt is beautiful. I am sure the family will love it. Working in the craft room as well today. I declared a bedroom down stairs as my craft room when we moved and it still isn't all sorted. I need to find my glue gun for a project so that is good motivation. Last time I needed one, I borrowed my daughters, to cold to run over there today, so cleaning it is. Pretty sure there will be some purging as well. I also have a few Valentine projects going that I work on when I sit down, I like keeping my hands busy.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2637 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2637 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2020 :  12:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, I love your quilt and the machine stitching is just beautiful!
I did some re arranging last weekend that I didn't see coming! My treadmill died on me so we went up and got a new one. The old one had been in an alcove in my dining room. It fit perfect there, but really...who wantsa treadmill right where you can see it from the table? I always said that when we had to get a new one, we would build it in the back bedroom. So, that is what we did. It is also the old part of the house, narrow hallway and narrow doors. We finally got it down the hallway and into the bedroom. Now I have a different view out the window, so that's fun.
While we were moving, I had an epiphany of moving my corner sewing table into my sewing room and having everything in 1 room, just a little rearranging. I think it's going to work out well. I am going to look for better lighting this weekend.
I am also supposed to go on a quilt retreat this weekend, weather permitting. A couple of friends rented a house about 45 minutes from here. The prep work of getting projects ready, making a list so I don't forget anything, packing food and leaving meals for Brad is a job...but I am hoping to get a lot done this weekend.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2020 :  1:03:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful quilt Carole!
I'm working on making Bunnys from some old dresser scarves that had stains or tears. I've been meaning to try it since I saw it on Pinterest last year.
Axel always wants to help me sew! The blue flowers Bunny was a dresser scarf my mom and her sister spilled nail polish on it in the 1950's. My Granny kept it anyway. I made 4 bunnys out of it. They are fun to make. My eyes and hands are good for just small projects.
Connie
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1169 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1169 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2020 :  1:19:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole - pretty quilt; love the quilting on it.
Connie - Cute bunnies! I see you have the same kind of help I have.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9176 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9176 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2020 :  06:07:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, those bunnies are the sweetest. I am always looking for ideas for my grandma's vintage linens. I gave a lot to Jessie but I know some of these all have stains and tears in them. Great idea!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3452 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3452 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2020 :  05:36:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, your baby quilt is so pretty. I love the bright colors for a little one’s crib!

Connie, those old linen bunnies are adorable! Your little helper is the sweetest ever too. Oh how I miss those little paws helping me when I would be deep in a project. Kitties are the best!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2020 :  10:14:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for your kind comments on my quilt. It felt great to re-connect with Penelope (my longarm)

Connie, cute bunnies .... love that you are repurposing. As a society, we are so quick to discard stuff. I like to repurpose when ever I can myself. Hence, the gazillion bags of various fabric scraps ... saved for one day! Speaking of scraps, that little quilt was made with my 1930's (feedback repro) scraps including the background. I find it takes a lot more time to use scraps than to just cut out of a yard of fabric .... but it's a great feeling knowing that I used my scraps.

Debbie ...looks like your room is coming together nicely. Prepping for quilt retreats are time consuming but make it so worthwhile. I haven't been to a quilt retreat in over a decade ... I do remember cutting my projects ahead of time just so I could sew away.

Julie, I hope you find your glue gun ... I didn't so I bought a new one! lol For a while I couldn't find anything. It was so frustrating .... total meltdown ... lol

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on Jan 15 2020 10:16:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2020 :  8:38:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, that is a great idea.I have several old dresser scarves.
I love your helper! My helper is a meanie. He attacked my right foot while I was sewing. I did not know he was under the table!
He is also a thief. He tries to steal my sweater that hangs on a chair so it is handy when I go out side. He is a mess.
Tonight I got to pet Hads KeKe! He was very friendly, meowing a lot. I think he wanted me to let him in the well house where her three kitties sleep. I could not do that because Bay and her mom were refinishing a chest for the new condo. When I went to water horses, Triston was in the horse barn sanding lumber! He is in the beginning stages of building them a wooden bed. Funny thing is the picture of it, looks very much like our very vintage bed that my husband's great aunt gave us...It had belonged to her mom.

Edited by - TexasGran on Jan 16 2020 8:42:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2020 :  12:04:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I started a new wool project .... part of my goal to have various hand made items decorating my house. Also, I subscribe to this Wool box from Primitive Gatherings ... I've received three (3) so far and I haven't done anything from them ....

This is the project from the last box I received ... the pattern is called Winter in Wisconsin

Love, love love working with wool.

Catch you all later! Cheers

Carole

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1169 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1169 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2020 :  2:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole -- have you seen the free block of the month wool patterns from Snuggles Quilts? I started doing it last year. Lots of fun and a good thing to keep hands busy while watching television.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Project Discussions: Previous Topic What we are working on ~ 2020 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page