Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 What we are working on ~ 2020
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic What we are working on ~ 2020 Next Topic
Page: of 24

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2020 :  2:55:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can’t go anywhere, dr orders, and we don’t have any deliveries in Loleta except a pizza company in Fortuna, the owner lives in Loleta. Not my favorite it isn’t Round table. So no outside orders. Taco Bell would be great.

Have a good day!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2020 :  9:12:29 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree, Judith. The fewer people touching my food the better. We did have a hamburger and fries yesterday from a local small restaurant. I hope that wasn't a bad idea. Neither of us could finish the meal - we haven't been eating a lot, which is good.

Also, we are definitely saving money - we had been eating out a lot since we have been working on our move.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9199 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9199 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2020 :  07:25:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still working on baby blankets. Using up my yarn stash. The blankets don't need to be big so they work up fast and I can get a lot of them done. I think I have 4 so far this time.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Apr 11 2020 07:25:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2020 :  2:56:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We went to Wal-Mart once again. We were second and third in line. It was fun to drive home, going down town past the square, no one was out before 7am. I wondered aloud where the old men drink their coffee these days, since the coffee shop is closed.
It is a lot of work to put away the groceries...especially when I must deal with lunch box fixings! Plus the fact that I got enough to last two weeks.
After our chicken salad sandwich lunch, I filled two dozen plastic eggs and bagged up the small Easter gifts for the kids and my son and Julie.
When I was trying to get to the back of our huge Wal-Mart store I made a quick pass through the fabric area. That was sad! Not a single fat quarter and only about a dozen one yard cuts in strange prints.
No Zote, and no Borax! I use those to make laundry detergent. no Lysol spray and no sanitizing wipes of anykind. Just a few packages of baby wipes. They had a lot of stuff, but no aloe Vera gel or alcohol. I bought two of the four boxes of pie crust, near the butter. I decided to use their flour rather than my own. Now we can use some of the frozen black berries for cobblers.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  08:13:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

Marylin, I enjoy making small quilts. It was Jo Morton that said "I don't always need to make a bed size quilt of a pattern I like" paraphrasing here ... So true, if I like the pattern I just make it whatever size suits me!

Darlene, lovely rocks. There is a movement in my town ... people leaving painted rocks around town. It's nice to see them.

Winnie, love the look! lol

Linda, your craft room is looking good. It will be wonderful to have your own space to create.

Denice, lovely afghan. Yay on the bread baking. I do love to bake bread. I broke down and used my machine the other day. I have this multi grain recipe done in the bread machine ... I suppose I could do it by hand but heck I've got a machine that does it just fine! lol

I've been busy knitting. I haven't been in the mood to sit at my machine ... it's all good. I did complete a hat for Pumpkin. She wanted a Pompom, and a Pompom she got. I purchased it at my favourite brick & mortar store in Montreal (online store since I cannot visit at the moment)

That's a nice pompon - quoting Donky

The hat with the pompom. I told Pumpkin that when she's done with the hat, we keep the pompom. lol

This is the top of the hat without the pompom. I do like that design.

The pattern is called Snawheid by Kate Davis Designs and can be purchased on Ravelry.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on May 10 2020 08:01:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  08:42:54 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Beautiful hat, Carole. Love the pompom.

I need to make an over-size king size quilt. Now we need to get a bedroom set. I made an almost-king-size quilt years ago and it just doesn't hang over the sides enough. I may get multiples of the same jelly rolls or layer cake sets and make a quick king-size quilt. Any dea how many jelly rolls or layer cakes I'd need? I think it would be 3 of one or the other.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  11:11:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is a pretty hat, pompom or no pompom.
Since I was a teen I've had a thing for fur. My long satin dress for the college choir Christmas concert was Ivory with 2 inch white fur across the top of the strapless top...a huge pink Milner's rose set it off. My mother made it for me. Of course a young mother has very little use for a long satin gown so five years later I designed a party dress to wear to my husband's five year class reunion. Once again a one time wear.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on May 08 2020 11:16:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  11:20:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda go on the website for Missouri Star Quilt Company. Contact them and ask your question.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  11:21:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda go on the website for Missouri Star Quilt Company. Contact them and ask your question.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  4:50:01 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I found a link online, Marilyn. I think 2 of the 10" layer cakes would work. I found a Kaffe 2020 Fall Collection Layer Cake I like, but they don't come out until August. I am going to use some of the Polka Dot and Striped 10" squares from the swap to make a quick scrappy quilt for the bed, and I will add a few more from my stash. And then I will make another when the Fall fabrics come out.

During the shelter-in-place I have completed a top, without borders, that I am making using a Bonnie Hunter pattern. Her quilt is on point, though, and mine is in regular rows. I didn't have enough of the alternate block fabric to make the end triangles to do the on point version. LOL! I am also finishing up a Nickel Quilt top. Most of the blocks are already made and just need to be sewn together, though I need to make another row of 8 blocks. They are easy so that shouldn't take too long.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on May 08 2020 4:50:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  6:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok a Linda, what is a nickel quilt top?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  6:51:30 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nickel quilts are all made using 5" squares. A designer has several books with lots of patterns. It is amazing what can be done with 5" squares.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3455 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3455 Posts

Posted - May 09 2020 :  11:40:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The past week, I have been repairing an old desk that belonged to my youngest. It was her art table and at one point was marked up from permanent markers, puffy paint, and who knows what else. She , her sister, and a friends would get back there and create all sorts of stuff for their Breyer horses like fancy horse blankets and saddle pads. In her teens, she asked to repaint her room a light turquoise and she painted her desk a dark turquoise. At that point, she had her own horse so she and her sister and friends spent all their time at the barn for most of her teen years. When she left home for college, hubby and I repainted her room, and the desk was moved to our carport to be a "catch-all" for his yard projects. We don't have a garage and the two small closets in the carport were filled with tools and house project stuff. With our bad humidity and long thunderstorm season, the desk really suffered. Recently, I have been feeling guilty about letting it degrade, so I switched out a metal table that was on the porch for the desk. Now all of his yard and project things are on the metal desk and we cleaned up, repainted the old desk and placed it under the pergola porch , which has a roof over it, for me. IT looks really nice and we repaired all the broken legs, caulked up the bad cracks, and added two thick coats of white paint to help reserve it. It will become my space to keep a couple of bird supplies but mostly to decorate!! I even wrapped the old broom I have to make it look decorative. I know, I know, I have lost my mind!!

I want to find more Americana themed things to add for the Summer and then come September 1, you know I will be digging out the Fall decorations and going BIG!! LOL!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 09 2020 :  11:54:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your little table looks great.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - May 09 2020 :  12:48:49 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Love the table Winnie!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9199 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9199 Posts

Posted - May 10 2020 :  08:51:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole,
that hat is the cutest! Love the design and pom pom.

Winnie your desk is so pretty all white like that. And the mat is sweet. I use mine to keep unwanted marks off of things I don't want marked up by creating!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2638 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2638 Posts

Posted - May 18 2020 :  09:34:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, that turned out so cute! My favorite color combination...red and white!
Carole, that hat is lovely! I love the pattern, pom or not. I will have to look it up on Ravelry. Going to Ravelry is like going down a rabbit hole for me! haha

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1190 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1190 Posts

Posted - May 26 2020 :  11:54:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I am working on this runner for flag day and the fourth. It is time to break out all the red, white and blue.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3455 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3455 Posts

Posted - May 26 2020 :  12:25:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie, I love your new runner! Americana decor is one of my favorites too. I keep some of it out all year long just because.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1170 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1170 Posts

Posted - May 26 2020 :  2:33:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice runner Julie -- I love that patriotic bicycle fabric.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - May 26 2020 :  3:18:43 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice runner, Julie!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9199 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9199 Posts

Posted - May 26 2020 :  4:01:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a cute runner Julie. I am getting my patriotic decor out. Working on a few things too.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - May 26 2020 :  4:06:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those are really nice , that Pom Pom is so soft looking.and that hat looks warm.
Well I haven’t done any sewing in awhile but have been painting rocks these are a couple I am working on.

Have a good evening
Love and hugs
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1170 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1170 Posts

Posted - May 26 2020 :  4:18:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice rocks Darlene. When we went to Co-op in Sacramento before the virus there was a pretty painted rock by a tree planted there. We left it to be enjoyed by all.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1170 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1170 Posts

Posted - May 26 2020 :  4:22:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I click on a message to go to the main site I'm getting a "500 Server connection error". Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Project Discussions: Previous Topic What we are working on ~ 2020 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page