Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 February 2020 ~ fill it with fun!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic February 2020 ~ fill it with fun! Next Topic
Page: of 5

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2020 :  10:40:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, Marilyn congrats again on being FGOTM. I was so excited to another hen friend got it for Feb. I hope you are on the mend from the kitty cat. Wow that sounded bad.
The other day I took a bath in our bathroom instead of the big one in the front, and I like to have never got out of the tub. It felt like my knee caps twisted or something and it still hurts. Anyone that has knee problems have you ever had that happen? I have appointment with my orthropedic Dr., next month because they have really been painful lately.
We had some cold weather last week. Whew. My fur babies didn't move from their warm spots and only when they absolutely had to. Ha!!
Please keep my sister in your prayers, now she has a virus , they gave her antibiotics plus a steroid which it is helping but cant stay on the steroid because it messes with her other drugs she takes after she had her bone marrow transplant. She has been really down about that. But she does feel better off and on. So keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She sent me couple of pics today. One of snow which she loves and the neighbor's cat came to say hello and she had named him Oscar.
Terry seems to be doing Ok. He made homemade biscuits one day and they were awesome. I am ok. But want to do somethings and get back to crafting and cleaning and its been kind of slow going . But wanted to get on here and see what is happening in the henhouse. I miss my sisters so am getting things accomplished to spent more time here. You all mean so to me. LUV you much...
Hugs Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2020 :  4:17:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, it sounds like you may need two new knees. I had. Mine replaced almost ten years ago. It was so nice to walk without pain.
My foot is so much better. The colloidal silver has really helped it.
Marlee, I'm sorry your sister has a virus. I just prayed for her. How is she feeling after the bone marrow transplant? Did it get rid of the cancer?
I must remind myself that this is winter and that is why it is cold.
Usually I get a tan in January. Not this year!
We are supposed to have a rainy dreary week. My husband showed me in the Old Farmers Almanac, that I can plant seeds on Feb. 14 and 15.
I said that is perfect...because that was my goal all along. I bought some potting soil and some peat pellets the other day. Now I need to bring the seed starting cart, it's lights, etc inside. I'm going to make a clear plastic cover to put over the cart so the seeds will be nice and warm...just in case the power goes out.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2020 :  09:57:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, I had my knee replacement in 2005. LIke Marilyn said, It was so nice to get rid of the pain and I had limped so long it was hurting my back. I couldn't get in the tub years before I had my surgery, because of my knee. I would love to have one of those spa tubs you walk in to, but they are soooo expensive!! Warm baths would be so good for my MS!
Prayers for your sister!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2020 :  11:52:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, you have the most amazingly beautiful pictures that you post.
I just wanted to say " THANK YOU FOR BRIGHTENING MY DAY!
GOD BLESS YOU.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4631 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4631 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2020 :  8:09:18 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I had my hip replacement in April 2010, so 10 years ago. I held off as long as I could. The main problem for me was sleeping - no matter what position I was in, I could not stay in that position long. It was such a relief after the surgery and rehab treatments. It sounds like you do need knee surgery of some kind.

I love Connie's pictures. They are all so relevant to the season, reason, or event. Thank you, Connie.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9127 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9127 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2020 :  05:07:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never heard anything negative about someone having a knee or hip replacement.

I deal with back pain but I know if I lost some weight it would help tremendously. Of course some times what we know and what we do are two different things.

I have been busy as we are getting things cleaned and straightened out in the office. Much more organized and nicer. I can't deal with chaos. Spent a week's worth of days in there cleaning files, now I need to learn more about the computer system. I had stopped working in there in 2015 when there were differences of opinion on how things should be done. Though not with JT but my bil when he was living here. So I gave it up till now and most all of that paperwork was waiting for me.

Looking forward to getting some crafting in, though it won't be for Valentines. I haven't even gotten my cards out yet.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1153 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1153 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2020 :  8:59:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ROTFL -- The subject is February 2020; fill it with fun and the talk is all about hip and knee replacements .
Not quite what I call fun :-) Sounds like we are all of a certain age.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4631 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4631 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2020 :  9:46:26 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I guess the cold weather has got us thinking achey breakey. Lol

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9127 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9127 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2020 :  09:07:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am so ready for some warm, dry weather. I don't feel like doing much in the house when it's cold. I managed to get my valentine's all sent out. Was able to pop in and see the grandkids for a few minutes. I saw them 4 days ago but it feels like longer. Think I'll make myself a cup of tea and read on this kind of day.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2020 :  3:10:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I keep reminding myself that it is winter! Problem is this winter has not had near as many sunny warm days as the past few winters. I usually have a good tan at the end of January due to being outdoors in a sun dress every day. Not this year. It is cold and wet. Even with the sun (when it makes an appearane) the North wind is cold, and the temps in the 40s or 50s don't speak warm to me! We are used to a cold snap, or norther that blows in furiously, bringing it's clouds, perhaps a bit of rain and two days later it is sunny. The sunny days used to far outnumber the cloudy ones....now we get about two sunny days and five with clouds, each week. I'm ready for spring!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2020 :  4:26:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are having a string of 80 degree days this week before the rain arrives late Thursday afternoon along with a cold front. Then two chilly days before we heat back up to the mid 70s on Sunday. Crazy weather again but we really need more rain. the past 5 months, it seems like the rain fronts move further north by the time they arrive and we get little to no rain while Georgia and North Carolina are swimming in too much rain.

I know that most of you are having much colder and grey days. I remember having the same sort of weather in Virginia when I was growing up. The Winter months can really be grey and damp/cold.

I feel like I am searching for a new big project that will be fun and inspire me. Do the winter months ever make you feel like you are stuck in a rut?

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4631 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4631 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2020 :  5:17:55 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This constant rainy weather is hampering my packing for the move. I wish it would stop - though we need the rain. And it is COLD! BRRRR!

I usually get a lot of projects done in January/February. This moving has also slowed that down - too much.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2020 :  6:15:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My son called at noon, asking if it was raining. Then on his drive back from an hour southwest of us, he called again. The plumber must be ready to do his thing so the slab can be poured for the new home they are about to build. My son needed to know what to tell the man. It is anyone's guess if we will have a drizzle or a down pour. So far we have had 3/10ths of an inch. I think Thursday is supposed to be sunny. Then more clouds ...more drips.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2020 :  6:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My son called at noon, asking if it was raining. Then on his drive back from an hour southwest of us, he called again. The plumber must be ready to do his thing so the slab can be poured for the new home they are about to build. My son needed to know what to tell the man. It is anyone's guess if we will have a drizzle or a down pour. So far we have had 3/10ths of an inch. I think Thursday is supposed to be sunny. Then more clouds ...more drips. And yes, Linda it is cold. Brrrrr.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2020 :  6:22:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, I would love to have a few sunny days with 80 degree weather.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2020 :  8:38:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, do you remember the movie "that darn cat" Well I have two of them and one is a biter. I am glad you are on the mend. The only negative thing I can say about my knee replacement I had 8 years ago is that that leg and foot have been swollen ever since. Such a nusiance.!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2020 :  7:26:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today, February 12, 2020 marks 22 years since my baby brother passed away from cancer. He was only 52 years young... Bay was four months old when my mother passed away and 8 months old when Reed died. Then to complete my three...my mother's husband died in late spring that same year. This is the first year I have thought so much about his death. I always remember...but don't say anything to anyone. My brother was such a good man, a smart man. I looked up to him, even though he was three years younger than me. I miss him.
Now for the fun...today I got to visit with my sweet Bay for a while. I'm so happy she enjoys her work. She is thinking ahead too. She will be getting her Bachelors through Houston Baptist College on line program. After her contract is up...we don't know...but she is thinking and so is T, about their lives.
I think it is cool that she got a pay check already. God is good.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2020 :  06:21:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wishing everyone today a Happy Valentine's Day!! My cards didn't arrive from Amazon , so here is my greeting to everyone. The Azaleas are in full bloom in my yard and a friend gifted me some vintage cards from his huge stash.

I hope everyone has a beautiful day!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2020 :  06:48:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Valentines Day everyone! My dear husband and I celebrated our love for each other last night, with huge lobster tails, a broccoli rice casserole and yummy steamed veggies. I added candle light and some of our own raspberry wine for a perfect meal. Tonight we are babysitting the grandkids so their parents can enjoy a meal out, and tomorrow night we are attending the Valentines dinner theater our oldest granddaughter is performing in. It is a semi-formal event and I am looking forward to dressing up for it. The stinker won't tell me what talent she is showcasing though. She plays piano, guitar, trombone and trumpet and has an amazing singing voice so I guess we wil be suprised tomorrow night. Have a lovely day all.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9127 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9127 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2020 :  07:40:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted a greeting under Everyday is a Celebration link. Guess I should have just posted it here.
Winnie, your azaleas are just beautiful!
Julie, That sounds like a wonderful night together. Enjoy your extended Valentine celebration.
We are going to our little local Italian restaurant. They always do up the place for this holiday.Our eldest granddaughter spent last night and will be here tonight so we are taking her with us. JT is happy to take us both out after his day of work. He loves this place. We are going to lunch with a few girlfriends today so we will enjoy that and a bit of shopping afterwards.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4631 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4631 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2020 :  07:46:56 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yesterday my husband went to WalMart for some things we needed and when he came home he gave me a beautiful Valentine card, a dozen roses, and said let's go to lunch because we can't go to dinner tonight (I had my quilt guild meeting). I said "Tomorrow is Valentine's Day" and he said he thought yesterday was. He was one day off. LOL! We are going to dinner tonight!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2020 :  12:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bay invited me to see their new apartment/Condo.So I went there on my way to town this morning. It is larger than her mom and Bapa had told me it was. Of course when her mom has almost 3,000sq. Ft. I guess it looks small. But being smart young folks they chose smaller pieces of furniture.
She had taken photos of the upstairs, so i would not have to go up.
She also said she kept her decor less than their first place. It is very nice. They have two bedrooms and two baths. Also a back yard with a
privacy fence. I think they will enjoy it.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9127 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9127 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2020 :  6:49:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like everyone marked the day in a wonderful way. JR gave me a beautiful card and he gave one to our girl. She said she is going to put it with one she got from my dad the valentines day before he passed away. She is tucking away special memories.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2020 :  7:14:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your grand daughter has her heart in the right place. I know you must love her so much your heart sometimes aches, like mine. Until God blessed me with grand daughters, I thought my son was the only one I would ever love in that way. Mother love/grandmother love is so special. Bay gave me roses this afternoon.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4631 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4631 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2020 :  7:25:40 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I love my grandsons - and always wished I had a granddaughter so I could teach her to knit, sew, and make crafts with me. One of my grandsons wants to learn to knit, but right now he doesn't have the patience. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic February 2020 ~ fill it with fun! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page