Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 February Learning Toghether: All that STUFF!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic February Learning Toghether: All that STUFF!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2020 :  1:47:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Instead of talking about Valentine’s Day, I decided to choose a topic that we all have been talking about here in January. STUFF! How does one downsize decades of memories, family treasures, cute little seasonal decorations, and a long list of other things that fill our closets and garages??

I want to share an idea that keeps swirling about in my mind as one of the reasons. At least, I think there is truth in this idea for me. Many of the treasures in all those boxes represent the pasts of our children, parents, and other family members. Many things come form special occasions like a wonderful 50th wedding anniversary, or a graduation. The question that comes to my mind is this; if I get rid of it, will I regret it? Will I want it again at some point? These are questions that have no answers but directly tug on our heartstrings. Matters of the heart are not necessarily logical or even definitive enough for a solid answer. They are mixed with many emotions and memories that we hold dear.

Hence, when we decide to downsize because we are moving to a different location, can’t even find what we want for all the other stuff, we know it is time to rethink those storage boxes, bags, baskets, and shelves full of all kinds of items. We have clothing, shoes, hats, purses.........you know what I am talking about. Then there is the kitchen junk drawer that has both useful and useless items crammed in them. Storage shelves with dishes, cups and mugs from a gazillion celebrations, and those kitchen gadgets and appliances that you haven’t used in who knows when. I mean how many opened boxes of straws does one need? And that hot dog roaster? How often are you using that now? We all have stories of how so many different things were useful when the kids were young and learning to fix themselves a snack after soccer practice or some other event where they missed lunch or dinner. But now, we are faced with what is really useful to keep.

There are no rules and every family home is different. Some decluttering is easy, but those things that belonged to family members are so much harder to part with. Would you agree? I know I saved lots of family dishes, glasses, nick-knacks , and kitchen items for when my girls were grown. Only to find out they didn’t want any of them!

I also learned that garage sales are a whole lot of work for very little money. People are looking for bargains and are not interested in paying for what an item might be worth. So, we have to use EBay, Facebook, news paper ads, antique dealers, consignment shops and the like. It is hard to get paid for what you think a piece of inherited furniture is worth too. So, we are left with too much STUFF.

It seems like here we get on this topic off and on all year long. Have you also noticed that? Well, I do believe one reason is that we are all older and thinking about what to do. Most of us just can’t keep everything because we really don’t have enough space. Or at least that is my issue here. My house is simply not big enough and I don’t have a storage barn or a garage. I have a carport and that is it!

This past January as I looked through storage boxes again, I was reminded of the need and the uncertainly of getting rid of things. It sometimes feels good, but it can also feel sad. Some of the memories that we have are from a distant past and those people we celebrated with have been gone for decades. By getting rid of some things, it feels a bit scary to let go. We always have the memory, but not all the old cards, napkins, ribbons and other little pieces of the moment. But do I really need them, I ask? I have come to realize the answer is no. When they are packed away, I don’t see them anyway, and there is no place to put out all sorts of mementoes. I have photos organized, and I have kept a few precious keepsakes from my children, packed up the childhood things for the girls and given it to them, and reduced those storage boxes in my closets to only one or two.

My idea for this post is for us to share what approaches did you figure out worked for downsizing whatever it was that needed help. How did you think through those items that tugged at your heart strings? What sort of solutions were most effective and helpful to you for taking on the task? What were the hardest things to let go? How do you feel now about the results of your efforts? Any regrets?

Growing older has lots of challenges but downsizing decades of things that have accumulated in our homes seems like a universal challenge that everyone talks about. If you find that you are not ready to downsize, what are your organizing tips for keeping things and still being able to find what you are looking for without having to rummage through a ton of stuff over an entire afternoon??

Today, I am striving for an easy to keep efficient home as hubby and I both age. I don't want to have to clean a lot of stuff either, and I want my energy to be for fun and more interesting endeavors. I have grown to have a bit of a new outlook for what is necessary and worthwhile to keep . My interest in Log Cabins has sparked a lot of reading about life that was lived in those early years of our history. I find I am drawn more closely to simplicity and cozy. I want my home to feel restful and cheerful . Thanks to some successes and admitted regrets, I am getting much more adept at figuring out make-overs. I am liking the new look!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9125 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9125 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2020 :  04:27:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie,
This is an excellent topic! Thank you.
I will share that I struggled a lot while cleaning and going through dad's things. Some were easy because I knew what he would want me to do with them. Other things not so much. I had items I sent my brothers and things I couldn't part with at the time. I have since still gone through many things and sent out packages like pictures I thought different family members would want or want back if they had given it to mom and dad. In having a talk with my eldest brother I mentioned something about dad not liking it if I got rid of such and such and my brother asked me why I felt the need to hang onto something that had no meaning for me and my parents weren't going to know whether I kept it or not. It helped me a lot letting go of the guilt and the item.
I finally managed to keep only a few things that had meaning for me. Ie; my father's guitar. He played it all my life and when I was younger he and my mom and I or just he and I would play and sing together. I have heirlooms that I love and I know the things my children want when I am done with them. Everything else that is not designated is mine to do with as I see fit. Less stuff is more freeing to me. I often think since we will move someday what will I be willing to spend my time packing? Time is an investment and I decide where and how I want to use my time. I don't want to be bogged down by stuff. Those are my thoughts right now.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Feb 03 2020 04:30:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2020 :  07:42:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent subject. Heart wrenching subject. Denise, I need to remember your Brother's words, if it has no meaning to you, give it away or sell it if you can.
Long ago my friend lived in Germany with her soldier husband. She said that once a week on a designated day...people put their unwanted things out by the curb. Everyone who was interested knew of this so they could go shopping for free. And hopefully at the end of that day your unwanted things had a new home. I wish we would adopt that idea in America.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9125 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9125 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2020 :  07:46:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some people do that here Marilyn. They will set things out and put a free sign on it. Usually doesn't take long before it's gone.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2020 :  08:01:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe because I live out in the country, I may have missed it, but I don't think so.
I know they have web sites for selling stuff locally but I think it would be neat to give it away too.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4631 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4631 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2020 :  8:52:59 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There are several FreeCycle groups that give things away via email. Sometimes people ask for something specific to see if someone might have it to give away. Mostly people post that they have this or that to give away.

I am struggling with letting go of things now - I'd prefer NOT to move it all to the new house. We took an entire box trailer of boxes to the new house that have been in my garage since I sold my Richardson house 6 years ago. I haven't had time to go through them all, but most will be for a garage sale, and the new neighborhood is better for garage sales.

I have quite a few things of my mother's that I know are more sentimental than useful to me.
* I have an entire set of nice dishes that were really giveaways from the Jewel grocery store - a piece at a time - if you purchased so much at the store. Remember those giveaways? People would collect the pieces until they had enough for a set. It is a beautiful china pattern - blue flowers on white. Do I NEED this set? Maybe - I don't have a set of china. And I do have more cupboard space at the new house so I COULD keep it for a while. I also have some glassware of hers that I really don't need, so that will go into the garage sale.
* I have numerous of my mother's cross-stitch and needlepoint framed samplers that I love looking at and want to keep.
* My mother made Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls for years. I just found a box of unfinished dolls - in various stages of completion - including clothes. I'm not sure what to do with them. I have made some before, but not sure I will finish these. If I knew some young girls who wanted to make some dolls I could give to them. Maybe a senior center with ladies who like to sew could make them?

Oh, there is so much to go through yet. So much old Tupperware items I bought and rarely used, if at all.

I'd really like to keep the new house more minimally decorated - though some collectibles will still be hung and admired.

There are people in some of the neighborhoods here who put furniture and other things out with "FREE" signs. And it usually does disappear.

I'm interested to hear what others of you have done to reduce "stash" and clutter.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2020 :  9:53:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, consider your grand kids. Some of your mother's needle work could go to them.
I think it is sad that our grand kids did not know us when we were young. They think of us as older mature adults. They never knew your mother. So perhaps we need to make books of pictures and stories about our parents, ourselves and even our grand parents, which would be their great grandparents. Then give it to them and go through it with them. Then it will be put away...until they are older mature adults, and become curious.
I have been meaning to do that...and i even have photos to use.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2020 :  9:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, consider your grand kids. Some of your mother's needle work could go to them.
I think it is sad that our grand kids did not know us when we were young. They think of us as older mature adults. They never knew your mother. So perhaps we need to make books of pictures and stories about our parents, ourselves and even our grand parents, which would be their great grandparents. Then give it to them and go through it with them. Then it will be put away...until they are older mature adults, and become curious.
I have been meaning to do that...and i even have photos to use.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9125 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9125 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2020 :  12:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, the photos are a wonderful idea. So much of life we want to pass on to our children/grandchildren. But, somethings just aren't important to them anymore. Or maybe just not until they get older.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Feb 05 2020 3:46:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2020 :  1:45:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bay is my hope...she has asked for some things that belonged to my grandmother. My son does not care. Had wants stuff because she is afraid Bay Will get more. My son has never been to the doctor and had to fill out those forms that ask for medical history of you, your mom and dad, as well as grand parents, aunts and uncles etc.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2020 :  07:18:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank-you everyone who has commented so far and shared your experiences with how to deal with inherited and purchased items that we find are crowding out garages, attics, closets and craft rooms. You have shared many sensible and heartfelt decisions about your own circumstances. People like me benefit from hearing the wisdom of trusted friends when I wonder if I am on the path to resolving a problem or setting myself up for a move I will always regret. While it is hard to know how I will feel in the future, there is a calming help from hearing how others confronted the same difficult decisions about stuff within their own houses.

The fact that many of the younger generation are not interested at all in family items, reflects, I think, the generational changes brought on by an ever more highly technological l lifestyle. People now can use their phones and iPads to manage all of the home basics like temperature, alarm locking, video cams for beloved pets, and a host of other monitors. Add to that Alexa and the Google equivalent and you can start your car outside, order online, get take out dinner delivered and so much more without leaving your couch!! Add an additional 4-500 channels now available in all languages on your TV , and voice commands to eliminate your needing a remote control. Our kids and grandkids live a very different lifestyle. Hugely different! Why would they ever want kitchen anything when GrubHub brings whatever you want to your door? Fast available and affordable restaurants are now everyday solutions to dinner. Working parents and busy kids afterschool fuel the no cook homes these days. Their homes reflect a very different vibe because few moms can afford to stay at home anymore so things have to be solutions to their fast paced lifestyle. Almost everything today is programmable from morning coffee to late night time checks and lock-ups. These are the things our children can own and want. They see no value in spending time mending when you can run by your favorite retailer and get a new one. Bake bread or make a dessert? Are you kidding? Why do that when there are wonderful bakeries everywhere that do these sorts of things for decent prices.

I don't see future kids abandoning the high tech lifestyle for what they consider "old timey ways" that takes up their time when they could be doing other things they want to do. I see a bright future for Antique malls who will have lots of wares from the "good old days" for people to pick up as an accent for a room or a nod to maybe a grandmother, but you can expect the items will be decorative , few in number and not something they use. HGTV has shows where they remodel an old family home for a younger couple and keep a few of the old home features or pick up some antique accents to keep a bit of the past, but the house is widely different from it's original structure and ambience.

Money also plays a huge part in today's younger generation. My parents had a very tight budget and we had few frills after the bills were all paid. Many young people make much bigger salaries and have more disposable income that allows a totally different life of choices. This trickles down to their children who also see and want more tech stuff in their hands at all times. We cannot compete with these new tech changes to life in 2020. And it is doubtful that they will want or ever use grandmothers tea service or fine bone china. Not to mention the entire curio cupboard of Hummel figurines and other little china accessories. Nada!

And so my Farmgirl friends, we here are stuck with a reality we cannot change, and boxes of neat and beautiful things that were once the pride of homes or children. I feels reassuring to me that others have and share the same dilemma,
and are willing to put all of our heads together for what are the best solutions for honoring our past family treasures that we also can no longer keep. Most people have to downsize as they age because they just don't have the time or energy to run a big household anymore. Oddly enough, when we finally make a decision on how to let go, we are surprised at how positive we feel and that a burden has been lifted off of us.

Aging has it's interesting moments and periods, don't you think?

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2020 :  11:01:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie! I agree!!! Thanks for putting the feelings into words!! I have to make room in my house for my roller walker. Some days the nerves in my feet just don't work! I have opened up a lot of floor space that makes me feel better.
I have experienced that in my little Booth at the antique mall. Things that were given to me from neighbors and friends to sell have no emotional connection for me. They are easy to sell.
You can't put a price on love from the Heart for something that was given and created out of love!
Right now ,my husband is selling some of his record collection in my booth so I have drug my feet taking new things in. I'm in that category of, having a grown child who cares nothing for Family Heirlooms so the Goodwill will get it all. I do think If I live to see Lily June grown, she will take my most prized ones, My Granny's Pie safe, small pieces my Paw-Paw made.
I have been tickled pink to sell a few things to reg. customers at the Antique mall who have a love for them. I was surprised to sell about 10 of my 1940's Valentines. I was cleaning and straightening one day and a man my age stopped to admire the Valentines. He said, "They sure don't make them like that anymore". I said," No, they sure don't! these were all made in the USA, the quality of the paper and artwork is second to none!!
One day a lady who stopped to talk about Barbie said it well, She said, I love to look at your things, I don't collect anything, but I love the memories it brings back.
The Antique malls are part museum and you can buy the things if you want!
Here is a pic of my February display. The wooden ironing board that I use is not for sale. It was my Great-Grandmaw Nora's. They called me at home last week because a lady wanted to buy it. I had to tag it not for sale, I forgot to do that. I have since sold a lot of the Valentine stuff and the lamps. I enjoy it. Its fun meeting people who love the same things and we have young couples looking for a statement piece for the Farm House look that Chip and Joanna Gaines do.
Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
P.S. Winnie. Lily June and I was overjoyed to give Rose the Pony a home. She was in a panic this week looking for her, I said, Did you take her to Mommie's she said no, well we found rose, she was at the Dr. office with the other dolls in Ganny Bear's room! LOL!!

Edited by - Killarney on Feb 08 2020 11:02:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2020 :  12:11:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, your booth is so cute. No wonder people are attracted to it. It makes me wish I lived close to you. Yes we could hobble around together, drink coffee, tea, or hot chocolate, talk about what we will cook, sew, and plant in the yard or garden this spring...etc. That make room for the walker is something I must do also. My recent episode with my foot...made me realize that getting things ready after I have an injury just won't do. My problem is that I have energy, so I don't think that I am old, or getting older. But my body and my brain don't seem to be on the same page!
Oh week, I need to go water horses.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4631 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4631 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2020 :  12:44:23 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You are doing very well with your booth. Well done!! I, too, wish i lived closer - to both of you.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2020 :  4:24:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie I have an old wooden ironing board from my grandma's home. I also have an old one with a wooden top and metal legs. It also came from her home.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5981 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5981 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2020 :  5:44:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie your booth is so cute a real eye catcher, did you sell everything there? Such pretty things.
Lily June will be like her Ganny Bear,
You all have a great weekend,
Sending love and blessings and hugs

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1179 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1179 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2020 :  07:56:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love your booth Connie. I too have a couple of old wooden ironing boards. They work great as sideboards in my craft room. I am purging holiday totes. Yesterday was Halloween, not sure why I needed 4 totes of Halloween decor. I am happy it has been reduced to 1. Next up is the 2 totes of Easter. I am lucky my daughter has the same love of kitchen antiques as I do so I can pass on my purging box to her.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2020 :  10:00:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank ya'll so much! I wish we were all neighbors! We could all help each other or otherwise, we would get nothing done except farmgirl Teas! LOL!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2020 :  10:08:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to clear up something I said in my post. When I said, things that neighbors and friends gave me things to sell, It was not gifts from them, or any of you, it was boxes of stuff from their garage sales and cleaning out their closets. My Aunt Judy had a garage sale the week I opened my booth and she told me to come get anything I wanted, most of it I kept because some of it was my Granny's. My neighbor is having her house remodeled, she gave me a box of linens that were her Mother-in-laws, same situation, her grown daughter didn't want them. I sold some of them, but Oh, I kept more than I sold! to give as gifts and I loved them! That's why I can't clean out more! LOL!!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2020 :  11:46:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, I forgot to tell you thank you for the hankies. They are beautiful. I told Hadlee that I would save them. Someday she will get married. I had given Baylee one to carry on her wedding day. So now we have a choice for Had. So hugs and thank you Connie.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Feb 09 2020 4:55:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5981 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5981 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2020 :  2:55:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh what a cute valentine, those were nice ones, better than now days.
That is like the stuff I have is mostly given to me to sell and I keep some of it too. My knees keep me from doing things. I will one of these days,

Have a good valentines week.

Hugs
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2020 :  3:34:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, your booth is just adorable! I have always wanted to do but never did. While I was still working full time, I inherited the things from two sets of parents and two sets of Aunt/Uncles. Because my dining room was literally piled high with boxes from everyone, and this was after my siblings had taken what they already wanted, I was overwhelmed to say the least!! My Mom was the last to pass and that was in 2007, so it took me several years to go through everything , sell what I could ( not much sold), put nice things on EBay, etc. etc. Even after about 4 years of that, I had huge plastic totes piled up in closets and my laundry room. Today in 2020, 13 years later, I can honestly say, I have culled it all down to a few simple things. But it has been a labor of love and a huge effort. Because of this experience, I do not want my girls faced with the same problem. I decided I need to take care of my own things now while I am able. This all being said, I still have a lot of things that are full of memories that I cannot get rid of. But I have made a huge improvement. If we suddenly had to downsize, however, I would be faced with what to do with a lot of stuff still. Little bits of progress each year is my goal now and it seems to be working . I am sticking with that plan until further notice!! LOL!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9125 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9125 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2020 :  05:19:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now they we have purged in the office I am ready to take on more. The more I get the upstairs bedrooms situated the more I am getting rid of things. I have them for guests so I want to decorate nicely but sparingly.

I still have to paint in the bigger room and I am just not in the mood in this cooler weather to do it. So it will probably be a Spring job.

Connie, We have a place here that is like your antique mall. So many things bring back memories. They had some cute old Valentines but they were very expensive. I assume you sold everything in your photo. Love those hankies!!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2020 :  3:29:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, The valentines in our mall sold from 1.00 for 1960's ones up to 10.00 for large 1940's ones. Most were about $4.00 each, those were 1940's. I sold 6 at $4.00 each and 1 for $10.00 it was 10 inches tall and mechanical. I sold almost all of my Halloween, Christmas and Valentines stuff. My husband is selling his record collection and they have sold well because they are Mint condition, the record guys are excited about them, most have sold for an average of 20.00, Records from 1950's to 1970's. I have sold a ton of stuff since August. It takes that right person to come along. I sold a few things this week that had been in my booth since August. The Lord gave me the booth at the right time and place and he has Blessed it and me!! I have wanted to do it for years, but I wanted in a smaller place near the Millington Navy Base, on a back Street. They had a year waiting list! Glad I got in the Marketplace, it has a lot of traffic! Its 2 blocks from Wal-mart on a busy Hwy.

Connie
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2020 :  3:31:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya'll I can't part with those wooden ironing boards. I have them marked" Not for sale". I have to have something to put stuff on to.
Connie
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2020 :  3:50:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, God has truly blessed you. He gave you a precious gift when he made it possible for you to have that booth. Keep up the good work.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Project Discussions: Previous Topic February Learning Toghether: All that STUFF!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page