hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2020 :  3:20:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What badges are everyone working on? I'm currently going through my binder again to try to figure out which ones I have done but have not applied for. There are always some!!! Especially since I'm guilty of only applying a couple times a year right now!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2020 :  09:31:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is no one working on badges??? I went through my badges and it doesn't look like my first aid badges went through last year, so I am reapplying for the beginner and intermediate level. As an inactive RN, first aid training is so very important, especially with living out in the middle of nowhere, in order to save a life! What "tips and tricks" do you suggest? We have found that cayenne pepper is a great coagulant!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2627 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2627 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2020 :  3:14:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been working on a couple of "long term" badges, the EXP level of finishing all of your UFO's and the EXP level of Nellie Make Do. I got my new badge planner about a month ago and I just went through mine, kind of reacquainting myself with badges and which ones I had done...which ones I have started...which ones I have finished but not applied for. I am hoping to get a lot finished this year!!!
I agree with you on the first aid! I was just thinking that I needed to go online and see if our local community college was offering a first aid refresher course this spring. We used to get a catalog in the mail every term of adult ed classes and I thought that I haven't seen one in quite awhile. Probably all digital now!
The other badge I really wanted to work on is the Tatting one. I have tried using a shuttle and it drove me crazy. I might try again with a needle. It looks much easier....haha!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2020 :  3:41:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Essential oils are God's medicine. I saw someone talk about honey and garlic. So two years ago I made up a jar for my son's house, my married grand daughters place, my neighbor and myself. My neighbor renewed her last fall and I fixed almost a quart for us. It is sweet, of course but the garlic is soft and chewey. I have a tablespoon just before bed each night. It helps to build your immune system. Also you can make your own supply of colloidal silver. You need pure silver wires or a piece of pure silver, three nine volt batteries, distilled water, four clips and some electrical wire. My husband made the set up. But can make the brew all by myself now. It is a powerful antibiotic.
Olive leaf extract is another great product, just ground up Olive leaves in capsules...But it was the only thing that got rid of the warts on Hadlee.
Fire cider!
Vitamin C...the Chinese are said to be restoring the health of flu victims with vitamin c! Look for this kind:Liposomal vitamin c, 300 mg daily to build immune system and resistance.
Oregano oil.
Masks are not avaliable. So you can make some for your family, then soak them in colloidal silver allow to dry in a dark place. When dry store in brown glass jar until needed or somewhere dark.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Focusing on badges Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page