Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Wildflower Farmgirls
 Project Discussions
 Did April Showers Bring May Flowers?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Did April Showers Bring May Flowers? Next Topic  

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - May 05 2020 :  12:21:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Already we are in May! I'm not sure where the time has gone! But as I sit here reflecting, I have to wonder if April Showers brought May flowers... or perhaps more directly, did the storms in your lives recently bring forth beauty. You all know my trials... you know my heartaches, my recent losses, my storms. But are these bringing forth flowers? Much like the plants trying to emerge in my garden, I think the flowers are coming... I'm struggling with Mothers Day coming, but I can also see the beauty and life around me. I cherish the cuddle time with my young children, the long heart felt talks with my older children, the family time around the dinner table. I enjoy going out and spending time with my hubby in our garden, and walking around our property dreaming about the future and what it may hold. So what about you? Are you able to see past the April Showers and storms in your life, including this "pandemic," to see the May flowers - the beauty around you that God created? Much love my sisters <3

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 05 2020 :  3:29:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is funny how people who completely and totally believed the lies of Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx are having such a hard time, opening up now to see the beauty all around them.
While most folks were locked down at home, they got to know their children better and their spouses also. People were actually nice to others.
What I noticed Saturday morning in a neighboring community was very judgemental. My daughter in law said she experienced the same thing in that community while buying groceries the day before. None of us wore masks, yet every one over there had one on. So they judged us, because we were not in their select group of sheep.!
As my 19 year old grand daughter said today...this is like a cold or flu. Year round! She and her mom both had something in Janusry, but they both got over it.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on May 06 2020 4:03:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

LauraBell
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Laura
Kingsville TX
USA
243 Posts

Posted - May 06 2020 :  3:33:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there!

It’s been a while since I was with the Wildflowers - I let life get in the way.... I (thankfully) retired in December and so I was already spending time at home when all this happened. I have been coming back to the MJF boards and hoping to be more present here. So good to ‘see’ you all and I look forward to being here more.

I haven’t minded this time of quiet. I am so fortunate to have a great relationship with my teenage son. We don’t mind hanging out together. We are doing some gardening. I have been cooking and baking - even have MJ sourdough starter on the counter - and crafting.

So yes - I do hope May brings flowers to us all :) just waiting for our zinnias to bloom!

Laura

Laura

Happy to be Farmgirl #7286
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 06 2020 :  4:16:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there fellow Texan, Laura. Sounds like you have enjoyed your time at home. The lock down really did not affect us all that much. My son had a new house to build for a young family so he and my husband and the other three young guys never missed a day of work. My DIL is retired but has a part time job working one or two days a week. My grand kids...one was without work but continued her college classes on line. The older o e began her nursing career in mid January. She loves nursing but the long hours are sometimes difficult. She has lupus too. Her hubby works for her dad. So we live in the country. I have some chickens. My husband has five or six horses. We have a small garden which is not growing super fast.
It is good to get to know you.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3808 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3808 Posts

Posted - May 07 2020 :  07:27:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Laura, welcome back and enjoy.

We are still waiting for the house to sell, hope it happens soon.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9221 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9221 Posts

Posted - May 07 2020 :  07:57:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! Well, we had March and April showers and most of our flowers are almost done. I have a few lilacs left and my bleeding heart is still going strong.I noticed yesterday that my snowball bush is in full bloom. Just beautiful all white and pretty!

Laura, Welcome back!

Hope everyone is finding the beauty and hope all around them!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  07:57:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Well I could not get my phone to upload the photos so I took photos with my tablet...from the phone.
The photos are of some strawberries, some lillies that were a total beautiful surprise and nasturshuums. I've never seen one the color these are. So sweet, delicate and pretty too.
The wind is blowing a new northern in. And it is blowing so hard! Gusts of 35mph are very frequent.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on May 08 2020 07:59:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  08:02:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well that answers my question Debbie, you are still in Colorado. So tomorrow I will go by the post office and mail your masks to your Colorado address.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3808 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3808 Posts

Posted - May 09 2020 :  07:29:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Linda you are so sweet. Thank you so much.
Yes, we are still in Colorado as we have not sold the house sadly.

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 09 2020 :  09:12:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So perhaps we all need to PRAY for your home to sell.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3808 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3808 Posts

Posted - May 09 2020 :  10:25:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would help us so much. Thank you.

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - May 10 2020 :  08:57:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Mothers Day sweet friends! Hoping today is a lovely one for each of you!

Marilyn - I got fussed yesterday pretty bad for going the wrong way in a grocery store... I had to just smile afterwards, as I refused to get upset by it. Things here are starting to bud and bloom, though this weekend we have been getting some snow and hail. Nothing major - just enough to remind us not to plant too early ;). Your pictures are lovely!!!

Laura - so lovely to see you on here again! Life is definitely happening! It causes things to get pushed to the side... Congratulations on your retirement!

Debbie - we have been praying for your house to sell and will continue to do so!

Denise - our flowers are just starting to bloom! The kids are excited because they get to start bringing me bouquets again <3 They are weeds, but in their eyes, and therefore mine, they are beautiful bouquets of flowers <3

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9221 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9221 Posts

Posted - May 10 2020 :  09:03:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, It doesn't seem to matter about going the wrong way down an aisle and honestly no really pays mind to them. You can't stay 6 feet away in them anyway because people take their sweet time browsing and when I don't have all day I am not waiting 20 minutes for someone to decide which cereal they want. At the Walmart here it's like they want to see how long a line they can get in the aisle because of slow pokiness. My time is valuable so they take a chance when they do things like that because I'm passing them. Here our governor just put us on 30 day health emergency. Not sure what that means exactly but he is still not letting non essentials open for business.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3808 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3808 Posts

Posted - May 10 2020 :  09:30:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Mother’s Day to all my Beautiful Farmgirl Sisters.
Love you Bunches.

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3808 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3808 Posts

Posted - May 10 2020 :  09:32:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blessed in Colorado

Happy Mother’s Day to all my Beautiful Farmgirl Sisters.
Love you Bunches.

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Did April Showers Bring May Flowers? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page