Page: of 5

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4631 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4631 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2020 :  05:52:35 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not looking forward to August weather, but September would be nice. August and Texas is often the most hot, and we are expecting between 105 and 113 today. So I don't want it any hotter.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2020 :  06:08:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another Monday, July seems to be flying by so fast. I spent an hour in the garden this morning, pulling weeds and picking what needed to be brought in. Raspberries, zucchini, snow peas, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, kale and fresh bib lettuce will all get either frozen or used in today's meals. I made a batch of dill pickles yesterday, it is so good to start stocking our pantry shelves again for the cold days ahead. Is will be a mild day here temp wise, so most of it will be doing some yard work at the other farm-my renters are on vacation so I can get things done without interruptions. Later this afternoon I told Keith I would rake some hay for him, it should be cured by than. Have a good day everyone!

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2020 :  10:10:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie, I am happy to hear that your garden is giving you so many fresh veggies and raspberries! What a happy thing it is to walk out and find your own farmer's market right at your own home. Getting a good cutting of hay is also a plus because we both know that your 4 legged friends are going to be looking for dinner come December- March.

We are having very hot and humid days and spotty rain showers, if any occur. Rain is sort of fickle at the moment because it is pop up showers here and there but not uniform. We actually have had little rain the past two weeks so it is both hot and dry. I am finishing up my last two days of the Weather badge and it has been fun to carefully track and watch the sky to see what happens when certain clouds appear. This has been both a learning and enjoyable topic to study and I highly recommend doing the weather badge. While we can get the weather from our TV and radio every day, I have tried to use this time to pretend those resources are not present. What did people look for and understand before we had media to provide us with literally hour by hour accounts of the local weather? There is so much I don't know about how weather happens and there is still so much more to learn, but this past month has helped me follow a simple structure to learn important basics. For this old weather Bug, it has been nothing but time well spent!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9127 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9127 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2020 :  12:21:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie,
Wonderful your garden is yielding its goodies for you! Sounds like a productive day in your neck of the woods.

We finally got our upstairs hallway painted. Seems like every weekend we planned to something came up so we marked off this past weekend as the one to do it or forget it. Came out pretty nice. Had to set up a ladder on the stairs to tape off the ceiling fortunately we could reach the high spots with the extension handle on the paint roller. We did two coats just be sure of coverage. I still need to do the trim this week. It is hot upstairs during the day even with the air on so will work on trim in the evening.
Hope everyone is enjoying their Monday!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4631 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4631 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2020 :  1:26:42 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, So far today I've spent over 5 hours on hold at American Home Shield - one of the home warranty service companies. When they came out to look at some issues with appliances, they scheduled a technician right away, and two items, one that they approved and another that was not covered, I received emails with phone numbers that took me to a live person almost immediately. The third item - my combination built-in microwave and oven - cannot be fixed and was covered for a replacement. Three different people in the last 2 weeks told me that someone from AHS would send an email or call me to give us options on replacement and where to get it. Nothing came from them, so now, when I call in to check the status, they send me to a phone number that keeps you on hold for Loooooooooong periods of time. Last week I hung up after 1-1/2 hours - this morning I hung up after over 3 hours on hold. I called back and said I wanted to speak to a supervisor or manager and was put back into the same loop call. This time it is almost 3 hours - again. It has been a day for phone call problems. LOL! I don't drink, but I think maybe I need to have an entire bottle of wine. LOL! No, I won't do that.

I found email addresses for 4 of the executives of AHS. Maybe I need to send them an email?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1153 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1153 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2020 :  1:44:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Email the executives. At least you will be communicating which is more than you do while on hold. Instead of wine have some chocolate -- equally as satisfying.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4631 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4631 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2020 :  2:58:32 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, YUM! CHOCOLATE!!!

I emailed the one on the list for primary contact and - go figure - either she left or changed emails. It came back. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Jul 13 2020 2:59:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1153 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1153 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2020 :  4:09:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'e had that happen. Sometimes I think they set up dummy email addresses to take care of complaints.
This morning I emailed about an order I've been waiting for a month and got a "not in the office at this time" response.
Do not order anything from facebook -- it's all from China and will take forever, if ever, to get here.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2020 :  7:06:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, every call I make seems to land me on hold. I wait about 1 minute then I push ZERO!
Guess what???Almost every time some human says " hello, may I help you! "

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jul 13 2020 7:07:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9127 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9127 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2020 :  02:43:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That has got to be so frustrating. I rarely wait on hold. Like Marilyn I push zero and usually get someone. If not i hang up and call the next day. Your time is important. I can't fathom waiting 3 hours on hold.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9127 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9127 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2020 :  02:55:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Received a letter from one of my Ohio grands. She is 7 and loves company but hates when the parting comes. She knows we are going to visit soon and wanted to know if when JT leaves if he could leave me there and come back and get me in a week or so. Lol. We've done that in the past but usually only when their dad has to go away for work for an extended time so I can help their mom. I guess she is ready for some company. Normally we try to go out every few months. They have all their birthdays towards the end of the year. One every other month from August to December. We rarely make all of them. I will have to write back today. The oldest who is 9 sends me emails.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jul 14 2020 02:56:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2020 :  04:37:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, when is the seven year olds birthday?
Will she have to go to real school, or virtual school this year?
I've heard of some schools offering parents two days a week...real school or total virtual school.
Anyway, since you are pretty important to your husband...could you ask her to come and stay a week or so with you? Of course, then the others who are old enough will probably want a turn also.
I would only offer if they can be away from mommy and not cry at night.
I say that because our son frequently spent time with my husband's mother, She was an awesome grandma!
But my own mother felt that she had done her motherly duty raising us...and she wanted to travel. So the one time she came to pick our eight year old up for a weekend visit, she returned him on Sat. Morning! He was miserable, cried, etc. That broke my heart for him. If she had taken him to her own home, which he had been to many times he may have been fine...But she took him to my grandma's house...where he had been only a couple of times and Never overnight!
But along about that time he wrote a long letter to her. I framed it with a little school picture of him, after finding it among her keepsakes when we emptied out her house.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jul 14 2020 04:45:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9127 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9127 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2020 :  3:18:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They will be going back to school. The counties there have given them the option of one or the other. Once they start they cannot switch.
It may be that someone can come here for a visit for a week. We will have to see.
They have never been away from home without their mom or dad. Just an overnight but not longer than that.

What a sweet keepsake. I save all of the coloring pages and pictures they give us. I have a folder for each grandchild.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9127 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9127 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2020 :  1:03:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have been enjoying time with our grandchildren. I look forward to Sunday when the oldest is going to be baptised. We will celebrate with her.

These children sure love to read. Their mom and dad do not have to tell them or coax them to do it. It is nice to see them love it so much.

I have been writing myself a list of to do projects that I want to accomplish over the rest of the summer. Hoping to somehow get the motivation and energy to do them.
How do you motivate yourself to keep moving forward?

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2020 :  1:53:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enjoy your grands Denise, I know it has been hard for you not to see them for so long. As far as motivation I struggle with that sometimes too. I have started setting my timer and telling myself I will work on this for x amount of time and when The timer goes off I can either move on to something I would rather do or most of the time I like the progress I have made so I keep on going.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado

Edited by - treelady on Jul 25 2020 1:56:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9127 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9127 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2020 :  2:41:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie,
I will have to give that a try. I do like a challenge. A timer just might be a good way to challenge me even if only a short amount of time.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2020 :  4:11:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lists help. Also a new or different project.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9127 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9127 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2020 :  6:33:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, the problem I have with lists is I keeping adding to it the whole time I am trying to get things done on it. I feel defeated before too long and give up.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2020 :  05:02:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Denise I also add to my list...But as I mark thru the completed items, I feel so good!
Then are times like recent weeks when the pain eats away at any good intentions I may have had!
Just standing for ten minutes to wash dishes, I could not complete such a simple task.But that seems to be better. But I have learned to just go with the flow, I suppose it means I'm getting old and I need to work smarter.
My biggest problem right now is my husband is at home, at least for the next week. They must wait for a slab to cure, as per the owners request. Then they will begin the framing work on a brand new home. Meanwhile he is so bored. He has read every book and magazine, yesterday he made two, no three trips to town.
I have another new baby chick and I can hear another peeping.
Allergies are bad. Itchy eyes. I'm ready for autumn!
Bring on the healing beds!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9127 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9127 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2020 :  05:50:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree on so many levels. I do lists but I have in my head it has to get crossed off before the end of the day.
I too deal with the pain most days and those days I get very little done and feel lazy if I don't accomplish something.
This morning we are on our way to see our Annie get baptised. When I get home from a trip I am always inspired and motivated to get things done. We shall how long it will last but now I at least I have some ideas moving forward.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1153 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1153 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2020 :  11:27:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too. This getting old is for the birds. I can't remember what a pain free day was like. Meditation and reiki help.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9127 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9127 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2020 :  11:58:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith,
I am going to look into yoga to help. I need to do some stretching and do it the correct way.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1153 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1153 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2020 :  12:59:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have done yoga in the past and it really helps. There are no classes near me (especially now) so maybe I'll try a video version. Unfortunately doing it by video doesn't have the same disciple as a class. Walking helps, too, if it isn't too hot/cold/wet outside. I could win a prize thinking of ways to get out of exercise.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9127 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9127 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2020 :  4:14:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love to walk. It is my number one choice for exercising but not when it is hot out. I do make a sort of trail around inside the house and walk it in the evenings when I can.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1153 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1153 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2020 :  4:57:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I walk around the house too but it's a little house. Living room, kitchen, hall, bedroom. Repeat. Boring. I'm thinking about making one around the backyard. Maybe more like an old lady par course.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic July~2020 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page