TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2020 :  5:06:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps you can make a butterfly spiral. They are neat. Some call them meditation gardens.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9182 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9182 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2020 :  04:38:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The weather has been beautiful here for our visit. Dread leaving the littles and going home but it is always that way. They keep saying they wished we were already moved because they know how long it could be before we actually do. It also means we will be doing trips until then.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2020 :  04:50:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Denise are you looking for a move to Ohio?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3452 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3452 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2020 :  05:07:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I am glad you have been having a wonderful visit with your family in Ohio. It is hard to be so far away from loved ones. Hopefully, the final decision of when and where to move will become clearer in the coming year. Ohio is a beautiful state and I am sure there are many areas that are appealing to you and JT.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9182 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9182 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2020 :  06:18:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You all aren't going to believe this but we just found out JT has a job interview on Wednesday morning. The job is here in Jersey and it's a job he applied for over a year ago. So thinking through scenarios this could be a stepping stone along the way. We will have wait and see. It could be a few months before we even hear anything back. Btw, he has worked at this particular place twice before. Always something to keep us on our toes!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jul 27 2020 06:33:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2020 :  08:37:27 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We like to walk, but it is way too hot during the day. Sometimes we walk in the evening right after the sun goes down.

I have a phone call appointment with a doctor for my arm/shoulder on Wednesday. About 4 months ago (I think) I must have lifted a box wrong and thought I sprained or strained my upper right arm. It still is bothering me and it could possibly be rotator cuff. I hope not, I need to get it checked out. Due to virus he is doing phone assessment first to assess and prescribe xrays or medication before coming in to the office. Ed worked with this doctor for a number of years before he retired and this doctor did my knee scope 3 years ago. Wish me luck. My arm hurts if I make quick movements, try to reach behind me (Ed has to hook my bra) and other backward arm movements. Hurts more first thing in the morning than during the day.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9182 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9182 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2020 :  11:01:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda,
I hope it is not serious. But you never know it could be a tear in the rotator cuff. Those are painful.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2020 :  12:39:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, about ten years ago my right arm became very painful, about five to six inches down from the top. Yep, I had suffered a fall about six weeks earlier. Off I went to my ortho. He listened, and gently told me my arm was not broken. Use it! I could not comb my hair, no way could I use a curling iron. I could not tie my apron. If I needed something from a shelf...forget it. It hurt. It was so painful, I had to learn to sleep on my left side...three weeks later there I was, back with my doctor. Again he said it is not broken. Your shoulder is trying to freeze up on you. He told me how many ex rays they had done last time. I did not need any more...they would not show a break...they had thoroughly examined them. But he sent me to get a pulley device from the rehab place, with a prescription. I
In the next few years it would hurt off and on.
About 18 months ago the same thing happened to my left arm. I did not go to visit my doctor. I used ice and heat. Then I used pain patches and essential oils. Eucalyptus oil is a good pain reliever. Be sure you put some in a bit of carrier oil until you know how or if your skin will react.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jul 27 2020 12:42:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2020 :  1:44:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about Jess? Will her family move too?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9182 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9182 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2020 :  4:42:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn,
We are just looking to move closer. The 10 hr trips are rough sometimes. Especially for short weekend visits.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2020 :  5:06:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did not realize the drive was so long! Perhaps your can find a midpoint?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9182 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9182 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2020 :  5:53:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's what we are looking into.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2020 :  6:44:33 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good luck with the job and moving, if needed. Closer would be nice for you.

Thanks, Marilyn. I don't think it is broken; and at first we didn't think it was rotator cuff, but it has hurt for so long that it has to be SOMEthing. I can't reach back to hook my bra, put my hair up in a pony tail, brush my hair with my right hand, and it is hard to pull up my pants on the right side - it is the reaching to the back, quick movements, and some reaching movements that hurt a lot.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2020 :  7:50:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda I hope you can get a good diagnosis on your shoulder. I have had 5 rotator cuff surgeries. Two on one arm and three on the other. Over a period of years. Now I have use of both of them. It is a nusiance and painful going through it but it was worth it.
Denise, I hope the job offer works out but I know how important family is. You're both in my prayers.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2020 :  9:11:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda it only took me 18 months to stop and he pain the first time. Now I can usually get it to ease up on a month or six weeks.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9182 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9182 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2020 :  06:56:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda,
I hope they can give you a definite diagnosis so you can move forward with healing this. Prayers for you.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2637 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2637 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2020 :  06:58:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, have you done any of the Zoom dr appts yet? My husband had one a couple of months ago when things were still shut down and it worked out nicely! I hope that they can get you going in the right direction to get you healed up.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3452 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3452 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2020 :  5:07:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gosh, wounded Farmgirls here in need! Marilyn and Linda, I hope your arms will get better without any big interventions. It is awful when one of our "wings" gets injured here at the HenHouse!! My broken pinkie left toe is healing but it still hurts if I press on it or bump it. I can only wear my athletic shoe on that foot too. Everything else puts way too much pressure on it. I saw ortho doc two weeks ago, and the fracture is healing so that is good news. I go back a couple of weeks for one last visit and x-ray. It does feel better each week and I ice it down every day once or maybe twice. Getting old can be really hard when your have these new hurt areas from years of wear and tear or just simple accidents that seem to take a long time to get better. Thankfully, I like to do hand work or read so that helps when my usual activities are not possible. You Farmgirls get better soon!!

Can you believe it will be August this coming weekend? Gosh, time seems to be whizzing by ! And you know me, September 1 is when I start doing Fall decorating. Since September 1 is the official meteorological beginning of Fall, I use that date instead of the usual later September date to "pretend" it is a new season. Of course down here in Florida, September is just as hot and humid as August, but the rest of the country starts seeing changes and gets excited. Saturday, i was in Hobby Lobby to pick up some embroidery floss and I got to talking to another customer who was looking at all the gorgeous fall stuff they had on display. She mentioned that she was so ready for fall and I told her I was too. Then she told me that her daughter and granddaughter already decotated their house for Fall!! LOL!! They couldn't wait and were sick of Summer. I love it when I find other people who have the same passion for the fall season that I do. It helpsme validate that I am not the only person who is already excited about Fall in late July!! LOL!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9182 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9182 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2020 :  11:42:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wrote my post and lost it. Lol.

Winnie, ever since we were in Ohio I have been thinking Fall. August pretty much gets us moving in that direction. Can't wait!!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2020 :  3:20:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes the days just zoom by to fast!

Blessings
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9182 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9182 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2020 :  06:05:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you believe there is only 1 day left in July? I can't say I will miss it. It has been a hot one this year.
Do people move to colder areas? I think that is what I need to do. The heat is so rough anymore. Can't take it like I used to.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jul 31 2020 06:07:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1189 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1189 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2020 :  06:30:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have only had a few really hot, high humidity days so I guess we are blessed with a beautiful summer. I am sure we will make up for that come winter though. Winnie I was in the city last week and stopped at Hobby Lobby-first time in many months, they had all thier fall stuff out and were working on Christmas displays as well. I did come home with a couple of bags of fall goodies , since I don't know when I will get back there but I will not put anything out until September. I am praying you won't get hit by the latest hurricane coming through.
Linda I have had a torn rotator cuff and frozen shoulder, it took months of physical therapy to heal but I have never had a problem since than. Good Luck.
Summer keeps flying by, the last few weeks have been all about canning garden produce and helping the older granddaughters perfect some baking skills as they work on their 4-H projects. We did not have our big fair this year, but our extension service has figured out a safe way these kids can still be judged on their projects.
August and wheat harvest are just around the corner and my days will get a little fuller for awhile.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2020 :  6:10:52 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Did everyone see Shannon's post on Facebook? She and her kids have entered like 90+ projects in their county fair and have WON BIG. Some projects are going to the state fair. It's a long article. Congratulations to all of them.
https://county17.com/2020/07/31/hudson-family-wins-big-while-coping-with-loss1/
I'm surprised the fair is going on - the Texas state fair has been cancelled this year due to COVID.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2020 :  6:50:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well congratulations to you and your kids Shannon! I know how that is to win and it is exciting. A lot of work but so well worth it.

Congratulations again Shannon.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1169 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1169 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2020 :  6:59:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a wonderful article -- Congratulations Shannon and family.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic July~2020 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page