debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2653 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2653 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2020 :  7:34:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas Marilyn and all of you sisters! I hope your day was a happy and peaceful one!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2020 :  12:48:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was very tired at the end of Christmas day. We went to our sons home, down the lane a bit. That was about 11:15 am. Lunch of turkey, dressing, candied sweet potatoes stuffed celery, rolls and pie was delicious. Although the dressing had a hint of fire roasted flavor. They had a fire in the oven because the drippings from the huge turkey Dripped on to the electric coils at the bottom of the oven.Thankfully Julie called for soda and my son. He got the big bird out she got the dressing out and Had put soda on the flames to put the fire out. Then they had to turn the oven off and clean up the mess...start the oven again, drain the turkey and begin once more. After we had our prayer and feast, . . then we opened gifts. Finally at 4:15 we went outside to get two unwrapped gifts. One was an ice chest for T. and one was for our son, A stacking tool box on wheels! I think he was totally blown away! Finally we got to come home and collapse! It was a very merry happy day! Thank you God!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2020 :  2:29:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas! SPG!
Marilyn, That's a Christmas Memory!! It will be fun to remember, You all got to be together!!
I didn't cook a Turkey this year, so no fun story, I had some from the pasts!! Holly and Lily June wanted steak. We packed up dinner and presents and took to their house and played with Lily June and her toys from Santa. Driving back thru the old part of Historic Memphis was pretty with all the Christmas lights to see.

Connie
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2020 :  2:56:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My second cousin, Carol came to see me today, I have not seen her in years!! She brought me this bedspread!! its over 70 years old!! it has a separate part that lays over your pillows. I am going to go visit her when she finds it. She lives about 30 miles from me. What a Christmas suprise today to see her drive up in my driveway! She said she knew I loved vintage things and none of her kids would want this. I'm going to use it when I put my Butterfly sheets back on the bed in the Spring. I will spread it out later and take a better picture.

Connie
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2020 :  3:36:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas everyone. I had several people brought me some food for dinner, very nice. Yesterday felt like a Sunday to me.
The Pastor's wife brought me a present with color pens and glitter pens and a Coloring book with all the Psalms in it.
and other craft things in it. I will enjoy that. It was a very nice day and I got to talk to my oldest daughter and husband and my granddaughter on her new cell phone, her sister was playing computer games. Mom and dad were busy. It was a nice day.
Have a good day everyone.

Love you all.

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2020 :  9:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene I'm so glad that people brought you food. I'm glad you got to visit by phone with one of the twins.
Connie do you know who did that beautiful embroidery?
Sounds like you had a good day.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  05:23:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like some wonderful Christmas days.

Our Christmas wasn't really different this year. My dd and family came over mid morning. My son came down Christmas eve and stayed till late afternoon Christmas day. He had to work yesterday. We opened our gifts and ate monkey bread after breakfast before a late lunch. We just made sandwiches from a meat and cheese tray, made up a fruit tray, dd made potato salad and Mac and cheese. I had made macaroni salad left from our Christmas eve seafood supper. We always have shrimp and crab though I can't do shrimp. But my son was happy to make it in time for that. Our Ohio family called and we listened to the excitement in their voices. Our oldest granddaughter decided to spend the night. We hadn't seen them in 2 weeks so it was nice to have her here again. I will post a picture of the gift I was working on for my dd.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  12:30:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, it was my cousin by marriage, next door neighbor. Mrs. Mannie.
Connie
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2653 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2653 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  12:50:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, that is so pretty! It will look nice with your butterfly sheets.
It sounds like everyone had a happy Christmas. We had an unexpected snow and got a couple of inches, enough to make a beautiful, white Christmas. We had brunch with our daughter and her family and then dinner later that afternoon with our son and his family. It was the first time in a long time that I didn't have to make a big meal for everyone on a holiday. It was fun to watch all of the grandkids!
s

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  4:10:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am just catching up here on all the wonderful stories of Christmas!! It is wonderful hearing about all the fun and the many surprises each of you had. We had a cold front blow through here on Christmas Eve . It was really a fierce storm with gale strength winds. Christmas morning was bright, sunny and very cold!! My daughter and her hubby came over and we had Christmas celebration around the fire pit. It turned out to be really , really fun. We hardly ever get real cold weather so it was a unique Christmas experience for us. Then we came in to eat breakfast before they had to leave for other family commitments.

My family got me a Red Florida Maple tree , acer rubrum, that turns brilliant red/orage/yellow every Fall. Several years ago we got a Florida Maple for the yard, but those leaves just turn brown and drop off. I was so disappointed!! This Summer when I was doing my MJF tree badge, I discovered that Florida has two species of Maple trees and I had the one that does not always change colors. So, after getting the species straight, I asked hubby if we could buy one to put in the place where we just had an old dead pine tree removed a few weeks ago. Neither of us could find one at the local nurseries so I wrote it off. Then, lo and behold Hubby found the tree out closer to daughter, who went out with her truck to pick it up and then delivered it when they came on Christmas morning. It is a nice tall and healthy young tree so I hope it will be happy in our yard. I am so excited and hopeful that in a few years, my tree will be doing what so many of the same kind of tree is doing all over town!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4651 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4651 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  4:26:54 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That is such a neat present, Winnie! I'm sure you will enjoy the changing colors of the leaves.

That is such a cute bedspread, Connie. You will love that on the bed.

My son and his family came over Christmas eve. I got a sandwich tray, we social distanced and Ed and I wore masks. Had a nice visit. The boys are 14 and 21 now, so growing fast. All three boys have size 12 feet. LOL! We had found some boots at Costco for them - believe it or not, $6 a pair! Ed got himself a pair, too. We also got them all 2 things from their lists. They were surprised that they got something they wanted. LOL! My son has always asked Ed and I for suggestions, too, and this year we were getting ready to order something from Amazon when I thought I'd just send it to my son. So we got what we eanted and needed, too. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017

Edited by - quiltee on Dec 27 2020 4:30:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  9:26:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad to hear that y'all got together with family for Christmas.
Linda, the list thing is something we always do. Now that the girls are grown, they did not ask for money this year. Had announced that this was her sisters last Year before motherhood and we all needed to get things for her...not the baby. Well the shower on the fifth gave her so much baby stuff!
I think they finally found a one level place to live. I believe move in is in mid January.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2020 :  09:43:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn,
I'm glad you did that for her. I remember when I had my oldest. That Christmas before I got baby stuff and maternity clothes.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic MERRY CHRISTMAS! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: