Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 April showers bring.......April 2021
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic April showers bring.......April 2021 Next Topic
Page: of 4

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9197 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9197 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2021 :  10:01:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my neck of the woods April is bringing showers of snow today.
We are hoping April brings us some positive things to get us where we want to be.
This year April is bringing Easter falling on my sister's birthday. So it is bittersweet in that I know she is also experiencing a new life in heaven. But of course still missing her here. My nephew, her son, has spent this past week with us and has been a huge help. We are all he has left of his mom really. So glad he enjoys being with us.
I am looking for to having family together for the holiday. We are planning to attend a sunrise service though I know there will be very few there.
How will you celebrate and what are your plans for April?

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3455 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3455 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2021 :  05:21:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our Easter weekend brought an surprise visit from our youngest daughter and her new boyfriend. HIs parents live in the Villages about 2 hours south of us so they came down to see everyone. It was fun to finally see her again after a year and to meet her new Beau who is very nice. The weather this weekend was quite cold for Florida so we had to do a lot of bundling up if we were outside. Kinda strange for Florida in April.

Things have been quiet here the past few weeks but we have been busy putting in new flowers that were killed off in the frosts and doing a lot of raking up because the Oaks have shed their leaves and pollen flowers. It is quite a mess each year for about 3-4 weeks. I do think the PIne pollen has finally finished and everyone is grateful because it was worse than usual this year and the everything was constantly covered in a thick yellow dust outside.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2021 :  12:32:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Easter came so early this year! Big hugs! Denise. Change is hard to navigate thru sometimes, I've had a lot of that myself this year.

Winnie, Oh that's wonderful! You got to see your Daughter and her Beau!

We will have our Easter Egg Hunt with Lily June this Saturday! her mommy has to work and we will keep her. She went to the Zoo on Easter Sunday and out to eat with Her parents. Ganny Bear so wanted to have them over for a real Easter dinner after Church like my Granny use to make, but Times, they are a- changing! and I understand. I'm hoping as she gets older we can take her to the Zoo or the Pink Palace Museum.

Im ready to plant a few flowers and seeds. No flowers here anywhere yet, because of the frost last week here and Easter was early! I always buy my mom a hanging flower basket for Easter at a little garden center about 10 miles from me. They said, it was too early this year to get them out by Easter. So I gave her an IOU! LOL!

We do have a 7 day forecast with little or no rain! Im Thankful for that!!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2021 :  1:15:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie
Your mom will love the plant when its time and it will be beautiful.

love your sheep.

love you all!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2021 :  07:27:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, Lily June is very blessed to have a mom and dad and her grandparents too...who all want to spend quality time with her! She is truly blessed.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2021 :  2:46:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank You Marilyn! She truly is!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9197 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9197 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2021 :  04:36:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Family made it to Florida. Ran into storms on the way down but made it safely.
Busy this week with JT's Dr appts and getting some things done here at the house. Sorting and packing up my craft room. Lots to keep me busy.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3455 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3455 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2021 :  06:17:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I am glad your family made it safely to Florida. And YES, we had some humdinger storms down here this weekend as well! You mentioned packing up your craft room so are you moving soon now? Maybe I missed a post that you have found a place in Ohio??

It seems like the days of April are flying by and there is nothing special going on. I keep watching the calendar move forward and I don't have much to show for it around here. I have been finishing a number of books that I had started and maybe that accounts for it seemingly slipping by so fast. We had 2 inches of much needed rain this weekend and our city is a big green and lush wonder with all the new growth of leaves on trees. This time of year is the best!

What have the rest of you all been doing this month? Anything exciting??

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2021 :  07:06:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My biggest accomplishment over the weekend was putting up three strands of lights, so we can hopefully see the copper heads as they go slithering by. Had helped by standing on the ladder to reach the top off the hoops. More trash was added to the trash trailer. Our son said he wants to take it and dump it before the rains set in. I have discovered that most of what I have is not trash...but small pieces of fabric and card crafting stuff. So more time sorting is needed.
Winnie it sounds like you are surrounded by God's Spring beauty.
Denise I'm glad your kids had a safe trip!
Y'all all have a good safe week!
Oh yes, I must share this good news...my back has not hurt in a week! As long as I remember to put new pain patches on every 48 hours. Body Align! They are not cheap but they are good.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Apr 12 2021 07:06:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1190 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1190 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2021 :  07:21:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So happy your family made it safely to Florida Denise, hoping everything falls in place for you as well soon.

Here on our farm we are in spring mode. It has been incredibly dry here, we have had only .36 hundredths moisture since the first of the year. However it rained lightly yesterday and is snowing today with 4 to 6 inches predicted over the next 2 or 3 days. I have tulips, irises and peonies peeking out of the ground but they should all be fine.
Most of the equipment is ready for planting crops. Seed, fuel and supplies have been delivered almost daily in the last 10 days. My chicks are 3 weeks old and fully feathered now, they grow so fast. The calves started showing up Easter Sunday and they are so fun to watch racing up and down the hill. My laundry room is full of grow lights and baby plants for the garden, I wanted to get the green house up last week, but with this cold snap I am glad I waited. I have gotten some spring cleaning started in the basement, mostly organizing as we are having new windows installed down there in a few weeks and I needed to get furniture moved away from the walls.

I am spending today in my sewing room, a little cleaning and some sewing. My oldest grandson just bought his first home and I have been making him a quilt for his bed. I collected western fabrics for several years and it has been fun pulling them all out and planning this project.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado

Edited by - treelady on Apr 12 2021 07:23:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2021 :  07:55:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good. Morning!

You are really busy there Julie! I bet that will be a a nice quilt fore your grandsons when you get it finished.
He will love it.
We are having frost here to lately, it’s cold but sunny a beautiful day the Lord has made!
Have a beautiful day everyone!

Love you all!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9197 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9197 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2021 :  08:57:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie,
We have not found a place and not sure of the time frame but I have much to sort and pack. I am doing it alone so starting now so we are ready when the times comes. Still have lots of other things to take care of so it is slow but I am doing what I can when I can so we will be ready. I always pack a lot before we list our houses so that it is set up for showing without a lot of things around.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2021 :  09:23:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, That is a lot to do by yourself, I know how that is.
Keep well and don't overdo all at once.
Take care lady!

love and blessings
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2021 :  09:31:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My hubby always thinks some critter ate his mens when they go missing. I always ask if they could be nesting somewhere. Yesterday one of his Nanking bantum hens brought her clutch to her home pen for water and feed. She brought six, one died due to getting tangled up in the bird netting. So he moved them into a pen made of hardware cloth. There is one little hen sitting on one egg in last years tomato trough. Another has several eggs. Then in the old garage/barn we have two full sized hens taking care of a bunch of eggs. We shall see.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Apr 12 2021 09:33:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2021 :  09:39:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn That bird netting is bad news.
Your chickens sound adorable, What color are they or kind?
I guess if there is a place that looks good to a chicken there it will lay its little eggs.
Sweet!

Have a good day!
hugs
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2021 :  2:28:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The bird netting is what keeps the snakes from having baby chickens for dinner!
These are baby bantum chicks. Fluffy yellow.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3455 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3455 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  11:16:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, you are so smart to start your packing and staging your house on a timeline that you can manage. It is awful to list a house that immediately sells and then start the huge job of trying to pack and sort out. The way you are doing it allows for careful consideration and the ability to go at a pace that doesn't wear you completely out.

Marilyn, I have always wanted the experience of a few hens in my backyard. Hubby isn't too keen on the idea and we have footprint proof that a large raccoon is prowling about at night a lot. I would be so horrified to have the coon break in and kill my chickens so maybe I am better off not having any. I found this life size stuffed chicken a few years ago at Rural King and brought her home to be my chicken. I named her Sweet Pea and she sits on a chair here in my "LogCabin" room!! LOL!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9197 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9197 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  11:35:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Winnie. I started the huge job of going through my crafting supplies. I haven't sorted through just emptying the closet they were in. I guess I didn't realize how many different types of craft supplies I have. Hoarder! Yes that's me. I need to go through and decide what I am actually going to work on and get rid of the rest. I know that this gene was passed down from my grandmother. When we went through her things she had two attic rooms full of craft stuff. My mother brought tons home with her. Fortunately, I married a military man and moved away so did not inherit that stuff though some did show up when my dad moved in. I do not want to be the person who hoards it and doesn't use it. I feel like a jack of all trades, master of none when it comes to these crafts. Ugh!
Now that I have spread it all out, it is time to sort through. I don't reLish the job but it is the consequence of my own choices.
I have listed on Facebook market place a few of our furniture items and they seems to go well there.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  6:55:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well April showers began here shortly after we had lunch. Lots of thunder or the potato wagon turning over, lightening and showers from heaven above. Thank you
God!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  7:02:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn Stay dry,
Denise good luck on your sorting.
I got my first Moderna shot today. all is well.
I don't go back until May 13 for the second one, I thought you only had to wait 2 weeks. Oh well.
Have a good evening.
Love you all!

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1170 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1170 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  8:13:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it was 2 weeks for Pfizer and 4 weeks for Moderna. Remember to swing your arm to keep it from getting too sore and stiff. Unfortunately I heard about this too late but it is supposed to help.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2021 :  12:25:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do some cardio exercises that do a lot of arm swinging. I just finished that for the night, I will do it again tomorrow.

Have a good night.
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3455 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3455 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2021 :  05:17:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith, it is 21 days for the Pfizer vaccine between doses and 28 days for Moderna. I had a sore are with both of my Moderna doses and the site itched for a week or 10 days with both doses. I found that warm moist heat helped a lot to ease the soreness. I get the same problem with Tetnus vaccines too. Just one of my body’s quirky responses that is a nuisance but not serious.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2021 :  06:22:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, I agree that your mom will love her flowers when it is time.
I found my bag of flower seed...most are saved seed from last year. Of course I could not resist buying a few more recently...anyway I was ready to plant on the 13th but hubby said the wind from the north would make the seed rot in the ground. I looked at the calendar, and saw that the 13th and 14th were both good planting days...so I asked my hubby if he was going to plant the straight neck squash seed I gave him. He said we have a week of night time temps in the mid to lower 40s...so "NO" seeds need warmer nights to germinate. Now we are seeing A temp in the 30s forecast for one night. Oh yes, it is raining again today.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Apr 16 2021 06:25:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2021 :  06:40:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene did you have to get the "jab" (or the shot) so you could have your knee replacement surgery?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2021 :  08:16:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you having a problem finding straight neck squash seeds where you live? Hubby said there are none in the stores around here. Thankfully I saved some! Seems like they had none last year either.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Project Discussions: Previous Topic April showers bring.......April 2021 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page