Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Farmgirl Jubilee 2021 coming soon!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Farmgirl Jubilee 2021 coming soon! Next Topic  

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3452 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3452 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2021 :  06:47:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to post here in case some of you have not been following the main Chatroom lately. Our annual Farmgirl Jubilee celebration will once again be the first weekend of May, which is Saturday May 1 and Sunday May 2. Normally this Jubilee, which was started as a celebration of MaryJanesFarm 25th year business marker, happens to also be close enough to MaryJane's birthday on May 6. Each year, we have talked about a theme, selected an Herb of the year to plant, and generally mark the event in some way ourselves with maybe a special homemade flag or porch decoration etc.

This year, one of the projects involved is making 3 cards and gifting one to MaryJane for her birthday, and the others for Farmgirl friends or just a personal friend. Your can read more about it over on the Chatroom for more details.

I also wanted everyone here to know that I will be hosting a Jubilee Giveaway and also doing the post for MaryJane's Giveaway of a copy of her Outpost book. I hope you will join in on the fun and sign up or comment on any of the other related Jubilee discussions.

This Jubilee celebration is a chance to stop and join other Farmgirls in marking one weekend of the year to plan a little Jubilee celebration in honor of this unique piece of our lives that exists through MJF.

I hope you will join in and we can share memories and thoughts of our MJF experiences here and how we might each choose to mark the weekend.

We will be at the beach Jubilee weekend on Saturday to celebrate with a friend who is 5 years past a serious Leukemia period that resulted in a bone marrow transplant. She is doing so well now and living a normal life again. She and her hubby are having a party at their beach home for some close friends to celebrate her 5 year marker. My plans for Jubilee always include using one of my gifted Farmgirl aprons as a flag outside my house. Then I also make sure I have a couple of my dishtowels from Farmgirls in my kitchen along with some other handcrafted table cover like a dishcloth or little table runner that I got in a swap. This year I will do the same decor and then make some sort of yummy dish for Sunday from MaryJane's Milk Cast Iron Cookbook which is my favorite go to for an easy and delicious recipe.

Do any of you join in the Jubilee celebration? If so, what might you like to do to commemorate at your house?

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3452 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3452 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  11:17:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted my two giveaway opportunities today on the main Chatroom so hop on over and see if you would like to toss your name in the basket for one or the other of them!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2021 :  08:09:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, thank you for alerting us to the Jubilee.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Farmgirl Jubilee 2021 coming soon! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page