levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9196 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9196 Posts

Posted - May 01 2021 :  12:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Happy May Day everyone! We are having a gorgeous first day of May!
May is special to me because we were married in May and on my brothers birthday. This year falls the same as the hear we were married with mother's day being the next day. We actually spent that day with my mom before leaving for our honeymoon.

Today I have been helping JT paint the bedroom. Spring is a good time for sprucing up. He picked the color this time, a muted light green. I forget the name of it.
Deep cleaned my kitchen this morning and it look so good I decided to make a batch of brownies. Sure made the house smell good.
The kitchen smelled good anyway from the lilacs I brought inside.
A sunny day and clean kitchen gives me energy. Maybe I'm solar powered. LOL!

My granddaughter called this morning to see if I would lend her my sewing machine. Her mom is giving her sister lessons and they only have one machine so I told her she sure could. Then I asked how did she want to get it there? Postage is too expensive so she said could we bring it on our next visit? Then she asked when we could come. You know it makes my heart happy that she wants to sew. She is 8. Also, that she thought to call me to get a machine! Thinking I know what would make good Christmas gifts this year.
What is everyone up to this lovely day and what are your plans for May?

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 01 2021 12:24:57 PM

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - May 01 2021 :  12:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise I am glad you are having a wonderful day and your weather is beautiful! That is great!
the bedroom color sounds pretty, And the smell of brownies sound yummy.
A sewing machine would be a wonderful Christmas gift. It is good she is interested at her age, she will go far with sewing as she gets older.
We are having our typical weather, mostly grey but nice when the sun peaks out. It could be foggy, which is normal for this time of year here.
Nice out though.
I am doing ok and working on projects.
Have a great day and Happy May everyone.

love and blessings
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - May 01 2021 :  3:48:35 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ed and I are meeting three friends at a campground the 16-19 of May. We will be in our motorhome and the others have a pop up trailer and 2 pull trailers. Should be a fun few days.
We got home from Branson last evening - we saw 4 shows when we were there: The Legends with tribute singers for Michael Jackson, Johnny Cash, Blues Brothers, George Michael and Elvis; Country Comedy show; Dean Zs ELVIS! (and this show was the best of all); and Shanghai Acrobats. We had a great time visiting with friends we had met at another timeshare about 5 years ago. Glad to be home so we can rest. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - May 01 2021 :  4:48:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, Sounds like you had a fun time.

Enjoy your camping!
Take care
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 02 2021 :  08:42:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunshine is in our morning sky on this second day of May. It has been cloudy with lots of drips and drops for a week... God blessed us with close to 6 inches of rain. When my hubby told his buddy how much had fallen...his buddy who lives ten miles away had only had two plus inches.
Welcome Mr. Sun. It was so nice of you to drop by. And thank you God for the abundant blessing rain!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - May 02 2021 :  09:40:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our day here is a typical weather for this time of year where it gets grey and foggy because it gets hot inland,p.
About 4 pm it’s starts clearing and then we get blue sky! Very pretty over the ocean!
Have a wonderful day my sisters!
Love you all!

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1247 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1247 Posts

Posted - May 02 2021 :  10:32:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning, We had over three inches of rain overnight, but the sun is out now. We just need some dry days. Happy May everyone.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3453 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3453 Posts

Posted - May 02 2021 :  12:05:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear that everyone is having a nice May weekend . After all it is our Farmgirl Jubilee weekend too! We went over to Crescent Beach to celebrate with a friend of ours who has survived 5 years from her diagnosis of an aggressive form of Leukemia. At the time of her diagnosis, her prognosis was so dire that they went ahead and did a bone marrow transplant with a donation from a young man in California. Our friend is doing so well and able to live a regular life these days which is such a blessing. It was wonderful to celebrate with her and see her so happy.

Denise, I think it is great that your granddaughter wants to learn to sew! She will never regret learning that skill.

Weather has been very warm here and we are headed for a few days this week at 90 degrees already. I am so not happy about that!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9196 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9196 Posts

Posted - May 02 2021 :  12:12:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie,
I do not envy you those temps. Two of the grandchildren wrote and said in each of their letters how hot Florida is and I think they had better get used to it.
We have had a few days in the 80s but May is always our transition month to being warmer. By the end of the month we usually have some 90s.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 02 2021 12:12:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1170 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1170 Posts

Posted - May 03 2021 :  5:36:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We just came home from three days of camping with our little trailer and 16 year old cat who needs medication. He never traveled before and I'm very pleasantly surprised (and thankful) at how well he travels. It was windy all weekend -- very challenging for an archery shoot, but we all had a good time. It was near the ocean so we feasted on fresh crabs and clam chowder.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 03 2021 :  6:56:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you had a great time, Judith!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - May 03 2021 :  7:39:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith I love Crab and Clam chowder. Sounds like you had a wonderful time

hugs
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9196 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9196 Posts

Posted - May 07 2021 :  2:35:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Worked with JT today and boy am I sore tonight. We both are. A lot of bending.
We are planning to spend our tomorrow (anniversary) in Lancaster. We will leave in the morning and make a day of it. I'm looking forward to it. We haven't been there in quite a while. We've driven through on trips but not stopped anywhere.
Since we will be in Ohio for our next one we thought it would be nice to go.
One of the women I used to meet for luncheon is going to be married to one of the men at our church. They both attend there. Both of them have been alone for a few years having lost their spouses. It is so nice to see them together and happy.
Looking forward to their wedding on the 17th. They are honeymooning in Lancaster.
I hope everyone is enjoying these beautiful spring days of May.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1190 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1190 Posts

Posted - May 08 2021 :  09:12:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Anniversary Denise and JT. I hope you enjoyed your day out. The week has flown by. I have been doing meals for the planting crew and of course I am the go
Fer. We have my brother-in-law here helping get the crop in. He retired last year and is bored already so we were happy to put him to work. We also have a neighbor helping so there is a lot of activity and coordinating going on.
We have 2 construction crews here as well. One is building a storage building at our other farm and the other is putting egress and new windows in our basement. It has made my sewing room so bright, I can’t wait to move my machine in front of the window and start sewing. I am waiting for the weather to warm up a bit to get the garden in. It is a chilly 43 today and we still have a few more nights of below freezing. The trees are starting to leaf out and bloom and I am praying we don’t loose our apple blossoms again this year.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9196 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9196 Posts

Posted - May 08 2021 :  4:04:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Julie! We had a great day together.
Sounds like you are a busy bee. I always enjoy busy though. I bet your brother in law is happy to be helping.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - May 08 2021 :  4:57:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Anniversary Denise, Have a special enjoyable trip!
Blessings for many more,
love and hugs
DArlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9196 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9196 Posts

Posted - May 08 2021 :  5:20:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Darlene and thank you for the e card!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 08 2021 :  8:10:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have had a terribly windy day. It was cool also, and still is. The wind was originally forecast to end at 10 pm but we are there and the gusting is still ongoing. I just looked ... Now we blow until 4 am. I think we are getting ready for another cold front because the wind will go from the south to the north...when it does that our night time temps hang out in the 50s but last week we had two mornings of 33 and 34.
Have you seen the satellite trains in the sky? They are getting ready to switch us to a new internet.
Happy Mothers Day tomorrow!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - May 09 2021 :  09:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yep - rain for the next few days and then starting again on Sunday for several days - the start of our 3 days of camping in the motorhome. It figures. LOL!

We may go to a timeshare in Arkansas the end of May, and have scheduled a trip to a timeshare in Paragosa Springs, CO, for June 1-6 and then on to Taos, NM, June 8-11 - then home. We have timeshare points we are trying to use up before the end of June so we can use a program they have to get rid of it. Timeshares are fun, but also expensive. The continuous "forever" maintenance charges more than pay over and over. We haven't been using all the points every year and want to travel places there are no timeshare locations.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2638 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2638 Posts

Posted - May 09 2021 :  3:10:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am just getting caught up here. It sounds like everyone is staying busy and having a good time traveling!
Denise, I hope your anniversary trip was fun! When you say Lancaster, I'm thinking of Amish country?

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 09 2021 :  4:25:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Happy anniversary Denise. We have one coming up. It will be June 30th. 59 years!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  06:55:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Happy Anniversary Denise.

Julie, your sewing room sounds lovely. I cannot wait to see what you create.

Not much is going on here. Still attempting to clean out my life. No sense hanging on to things that I do not use or need. I've cleaned out my quilting books. I've been quilting since 1998, so you can imagine the number of books I have. Many of the projects are no longer on my radar not to mention that my taste has changed. I've also been cleaning out my cookbooks. I love cookbooks, sort of an addiction. I decided to get rid of the ones I don't use.

I've been working a lot. All work and no play makes Carole a dull gal!

That's pretty much it!

Catch you all later. Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3453 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3453 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  10:17:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Monday everyone!! Wonderful things are happening in our Farmgirl Neighborhood! Projects,Anniversaries, travel plans, and more are happening and that is a wonderful thing!! Way over here in Florida, we are heating up, and watching Summer arrive more each week. We get a cooler day here and there but they don't last long. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary lately, just humming along. I am doing more reading and enjoying finishing up some of the stack of books that have been looking at me for many months now. So many wonderful things to read, I guess I will never catch up!! LOL!!

Does anyone, besides me like to have some Americana decorations out come May through at least July 4? My little tree in the family room is decorated with things I have made and gifts from Farmgirls. It makes me happy every time I look at it! Some items came from swaps, sone ATC cards, and some vintage postcards from Farmgirls in our HenHouse.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9196 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9196 Posts

Posted - May 12 2021 :  03:19:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie,
I do love to have my Americana things out. But right now everything is packed up.
We should know soon about the sale of the business with the interested party. We have closing on the rental coming up. It's the hurry up and wait phase.
We did some much needed painting and though we are ticking things off the to-do list it seems to continue growing.
I noticed there are tiny peaches and apples on the fruit trees and the blackberries are blossoming. The azaleas are gorgeous this year. I need to cut the honeysuckle back. It gets very invasive with all the trees and bushes around it.
Just enjoying the beautiful weather are having. Hope you all are enjoying Spring where you are!
Have a great day.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 12 2021 03:21:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3453 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3453 Posts

Posted - May 13 2021 :  10:44:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I sure hope all of these complicated selling and moving plans end soon and you can get on to Ohio and settle in a bit. I am happy to hear that you are having a lovely Spring too. Spring is over here and we are headed into Summer, which is typical for May down here. The past 5 days were very hot and humid which required the AC to be on. Today we had some rain as a cold front moves through so temps tomorrow and the weekend will be cooler at night and low 80s in the day. We are surprised and thankful for each cooler front that spares us from non stop hot/humid days.

Today, we are scrubbing the outside of the house. Hubby has decided to paint the house and shutters a new color to just switch things up. He loves to paint and heaven knows, I don't understand why!LOL!! This will be the third time he has done this in the 39 years we have lived here. He does a great job, and our house is one level and not huge. But it takes a lot of time. We have selected different lighter colors and I think it will look very nice when completed.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 13 2021 :  12:49:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, please do post pictures when he finishes!
Our house needs a coat of paint too. Does your husband use a sprayer...or a brush???

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Project Discussions: Previous Topic May flowers~2021 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page