Page: of 2

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - May 13 2021 :  1:05:00 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a new paint for a new year, Winnie. Can't wait to see pictures.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 13 2021 :  1:13:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our weather is cool! I know when hot days arrive, we will miss these days. Our high today is 70. Our night time temps...in the 50s which makes for cool, very cool mornings.next week we will experience another rainy week! The rain is such a blessing...but the plants are just sitting...waiting for the sunshine to help them grow. We bought five double knockout roses. . .pink ones. My hubby dug the holes, planted the big roots, only lost one small piece of new growth, which is in a glass of water. Then he watered them in as well. Our daughter in law bought two for her yard. Bay loves yellow roses. So we got a yellow double knockout for her and her mom bought another...then Had planted them for her last night...under the large window in their living room. Bay was concerned about leaving them when they move. (Rental house) I told her to take some cuttings and not to worry about it. $20 is not that much!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9182 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9182 Posts

Posted - May 13 2021 :  5:45:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie,
Yes Lancaster, Amish country. We have some favorite places we like to go there.

Winnie,
Sounds like some sprucing up in the painting. It always makes things fresh looking.
JT finished up painting the bedroom. Looks nice and I've packed the things that were on the wall so it will stay looking nice. I also will be glad when everything is done and we make our way west.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9182 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9182 Posts

Posted - May 28 2021 :  03:58:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally we closed on the rental. There was a postponement on the closing so it didn't get done till yesterday. So glad it's done. Now we can concentrate on getting this home ready. The person who was interested in the business has not been in touch for a while so we are moving forward with finding another buyer. Praying the right person at the right time. Jobs are plentiful out there at present. They seem to be everywhere. I guess since many had not been working and possibly found different employment or something. Anyway that's where we are with that. The realtor who sold the rental is coming to check out our home next week. Not sure when we will get it on the market though.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 28 2021 04:00:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3452 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3452 Posts

Posted - May 28 2021 :  05:14:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update on the house painting. It looks really good and. Warren is almost done! I also got my front door painted a nice barn red!! We installed this door in 2004 and talked about wanting it a color but never found one we were thrilled about and then I wanted red. Finally we found a good red choice; not too cherry red, not too dark. We both love it! Hubby has been just talking his time painting and despite the heat, he has done most of it in the cooler hours and it hasn’t been too much of a burden. Now we have to have the ceiling of our carport replaced because it has this plaster finish which has cracked everywhere and falling down. Being exposed to the weather and humidity down here resulted in the surface breaking down. So the new solution is going to be bead board. The contractor delivered the wood last weekend so Warren can get the paint primer on it. Well, this has turned into a major project because. The boards are heavy and awkward to work with. So, now he bought a spray painter and we are setting up a system of getting both sides of these boards done. OY!! This is not going to be an easy job, but we hatched a plan and are hoping we can do it without hurting ourselves!!

Denise, glad these plans for selling your business and home are getting there. But I know you are ready for a faster pace. Here is hoping things start to move forward faster!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9182 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9182 Posts

Posted - May 28 2021 :  05:40:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boy Winnie you have been busy too! I'm sure it will look lovely when you are done!
Yes, I am anxious to have this done but you can't rush this stuff. Really hoping to find a serious buyer for the business asap.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 28 2021 05:42:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3452 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3452 Posts

Posted - May 31 2021 :  05:28:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope everyone is having a lovely Memorial Day Weekend. It is hot here but sunny and it feels like a real kick off to Summer. Time for watermelon and berry cobbler!!

Has anyone heard from Darlene and how her surgery went? I have been anxiously waiting for some news. I do hope she did well and is finally on the mend.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9182 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9182 Posts

Posted - May 31 2021 :  05:36:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, I have not yet heard from Darlene either.
We are celebrating today just the two of us with blueberry pie and watermelon for desserts.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1169 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1169 Posts

Posted - May 31 2021 :  12:05:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have noticed her missing these past few days and thought she may have had her surgery. I hope she is doing well. Another saying from my mother "No news is good news".
We are also staying home and off the roads. BBQ hamburgers on the menu.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Project Discussions: Previous Topic May flowers~2021 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page