levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2021 :  04:56:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Welcome November! Well I don't know about you but October seemed to speed by for us!
November is welcoming us with temps in the 40s this week but then what a surprise we will be in the 60s next weekfor a few days.
I am so thankful for those things that have fallen into place for us here. Hope to see some of our family for Thanksgiving. Keeping those who will be far away in our hearts and thoughts.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Nov 02 2021 05:01:17 AM

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2021 :  09:56:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, this is s beautiful saying for November! I agree with you that October flew by very quickly and I am sure this month will as well. All the Christmas decorations filling up stores is just a reminder that the busiest season of the year is almost upon us again.The thing I have become to cherish about November is that we finally get some cooler days and nights and the days are shorter. The very early beginnings of our local trees produce the long anticipated show of color, oranges and other citrus fruits begin ripening and weighing limbs down, and many of our garden flowers that were dormant during the long hot summer days bloom again. It is also the usual month that the first frost occurs and suddenly, the landscapes stop being so brilliant green and are replaced with more muted colors. I have always considered November a great month for reading good books and watching the migrating birds arrive at the feeders.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2021 :  6:33:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm enjoying the beauty of our trees just now. Seems everyone here prefers a carpet of green but I enjoy seeing the ground covered with all the leaves and hearing them crunch under our feet. When my grandson came this morning we still had quite a bit of heavy frost and he was fascinated but the way it crunched when he stepped on it and the designs it made on our car.
Now that we've had frost the trees are becoming vibrant with color.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2021 :  09:08:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gorgeous tree, Denise!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2021 :  12:10:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise Those are beautiful trees! The trip going to the doctor in Redding is like that just beautiful and you know it’s Fall. Here are a couple I took on the way home this week!

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2021 :  04:20:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So pretty Darlene. The leaves are falling fast here.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2021 :  05:24:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise and Darlene, both of you posted beautiful glimpses of autumn!
We have not had a frost...but we got down to 37 one early morning last week!
I love to walk in the fallen leaves. We have a covering of the ground now...but the day after the frost, when it rains leaves...they will be four inches deep!
Looks like 70s this week until Wednesday's heat wave of 80°. Then we drop to 60s all next week. Day time temps!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2653 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2653 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2021 :  6:11:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those pictures are lovely! We don’t have that kind of color on our side of the state, a few trees here and there and they really stand out! I remember that the house next to our elementary school when I was growing up had a huge, beautiful tree that would turn the most brilliant colors every fall. I can’t remember what kind it was :(. They would let us come over and collect leaves.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2021 :  12:28:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2021 :  07:46:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say to everyone that I hope you have a good day remembering today what all the veterans have done for us by serving. Hoping we continue to keep those freedoms and remember what they cost some people.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2021 :  08:47:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes The Veterans deserve our respect! They did so much for us!
Happy Veterans Day everyone and thanks to all of you have served our Country!

Blessings
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2021 :  4:12:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I spent all afternoon reading a book about the friendship of Franklin Roosevelt and Winston Churchill during the War years. Written by Jon Meacham, and he does such a great job weaving how they became good friends as duty called them as leaders to act and act soon. All the upheaval and turmoil of WWII was so impactful on the lives of many nations and these two men realized how important their work would be on many around the world. It seemed like the perfect way to dive a bit deeper into all the men and women who sacrificed so much for all those terrible war years. Yes, we owe our Veterans much for keeping our homeland safe and helping return other nations to their rightful freedom.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2021 :  04:23:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie,
I remember collecting leaves and pressing them between wax paper and running over them with the iron. Did anyone else do that? I know Nancy Jo likes to press them every year. She has sent me some quite beautiful ones.

Anyone care to share their plans for Thanksgiving this year? We will spend with the family here, also my nephew and brother in law have solidified their plans to come from Buffalo for a couple of days.

The kitchen is finally finished except for the counter top. Not sure how long that will take to come in. The only things still in boxes are my sewing and craft supplies. But will get those organized as soon as I have something to put them in. JT is working on a cabinet for me to put things in. My Mom's sewing machine and my fabric are in the small bedroom as I don't want any kind of dampness to get into to her old machine. It is a Singer 99k. I have had to replace the cord and some of the rubber pieces on it as they dried and cracked over the years but it still works well. I remember her making clothes and coats, curtains, mittens. I don't think there was anything she couldn't make with her skills. Back then sewing machines were made to last. I think I mentioned that she was a seamstress at one of the local factories, sewing ladies undergarments. My dad worked there also where they put the fabric on big long rolls, not like the small bolts you see in the stores. Sometimes she would bring home big pieces of remnants they were going to toss due to some minor flaw. She would use the good parts for whatever she could. I wonder at times how many hours she sat in front of her own machine after coming home from work. Dad worked nights after she stopped working and that was when she got much of her sewing done for us. Of course we children were in bed. I often wondered when she slept! I do remember she always took naps.
The snow this morning looks beautiful on the rooftops! I sure hope we get snow for Christmas this year. The house on the corner where we turn into the cul de sac already has their Christmas lights up and the house all decorated. The day after Halloween they had all their things from that put away, there was a lot! They had their house and yard, garage and fences all done up. Now it is all done for Christmas. I have decided I am going to put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving this year. It may take me a while to get it decorated unless JT decides to help. He usually sets it up and I decorate. I am going to put my skinny one in the library so the trees with be seen from the front and back of the house. We have nice big windows in the living room and will put our big tree in there. Plus, the library has the fireplace so we will enjoy that tree while toasting our toes, and reading. I guess I got a bit long winded this morning. Seeing the snow seems to energize me.
Have a great weekend ladies!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Nov 13 2021 04:28:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2021 :  02:40:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just found out JT has to work on Thanksgiving. I guess we assumed they would be closed but apparently not. He also works Black Friday. This is the first time he has had to work a holidays in 30 years.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2021 :  10:02:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a bummer, Denise!! As a nurse, I knew we would all rotate working all the holidays, but it seems some jobs have changed their business model to reflect theft that people like to shop and need services 24/7 so fewer places close for our major holidays. I think it steals away important family time because if stores are open, people are going to go out.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2021 :  1:45:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's all about the dollars these days. We will still celebrate it. Because it's all about being grateful. We having a loving family. We have all our needs and many of ours wants too. Warm home, good, clean food and friends. I am so grateful for all of it and all of you.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Nov 15 2021 1:45:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1182 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1182 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2021 :  10:41:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I much preferred way back when stores were open 6 days a week, closed at 5 except on Thursday, and were closed on Sunday and holidays.
I'm so sorry Denise. Unfortunately new hires are often the ones that have to work the holidays. My husband worked rotating shift work at a 24/7 utility company. He usually had to work on holidays; seldom did he have one completely off. My kids grew up having holiday meals at strange hours. It wasn't perfect but we made it work. When God gives you lemons make lemonade :-)

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4653 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4653 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2021 :  07:42:32 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
FYI - Marilyn wanted me to tell everyone her Internet has been out.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2021 :  10:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn has been having a lot of trouble with her internet lately.

have a wonderful day everyone I am going to work on my cards.
Take care.
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2021 :  3:35:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hopefully Marilyn's internet issues will get sorted out soon.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2021 :  07:49:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lovely fall pictures posted. I love fall ... of course I love all seasons ... each are special.

I'm with you Judith on store hours. I think it also kept our brains sharp, as we knew we could not run to the store if we forgot something. I have to keep reminding myself that some people"shop" as a hobby. lol I'm not a shopper. Don't like shopping, really. Oh well.

Not much going on here. Keeping out of trouble with knitting and hand work. Finished a couple of pairs of socks. Socks are mindless for me and mindless is good right now. Started working on a wool table topper.

Catch you all later. Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2021 :  11:19:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The woodstove is on. The children are playing. I finished up working about twenty minutes ago and am deciding how I want to spend my day. I am thinking maybe some Hallmark movies and Christmas crafting - something I have not done in forever!

Today I am thankful for people not giving up on me. Love you all <3

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4653 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4653 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2021 :  10:34:44 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice to hear from you, Shannon.

Judith - Those nighttime hours are the same I remember - 6 days a week, closed at 5 except on Thursday, and closed on Sundays and Holidays Also, during Christmas time, the mailman would deliver mail every day, even Sundays, and sometimes twice a day when there was a lot of mail. When cards were 4 cents each to mail my parents got lots of cards, often way over 100. They also mailed a lot of cards.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2021 :  12:53:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, we don’t give up on anyone!
We love you too!
This is a great place to be when thing get rough.
I do love it here
Have a blessed day tomorrow.
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2021 :  04:03:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When we lived in Virginia from 1985 to 1990, they still had the Blue Laws in effect. Everything was closed on Sundays. It was never an inconvenience too anyone and it seems like people visited one another more. Could be because we were military and there was that common bond. I don't know if the Blue Law is still used there now or not.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2653 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2653 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2021 :  08:31:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon....hello!!! Glad to see your sweet face here!
I hope that you decided to watch that Hallmark movie yesterday while you were crafting!?

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Thankful November ~2021 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page