Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Thinking of our henhouse gals
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Thinking of our henhouse gals Next Topic  

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9201 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9201 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2022 :  05:15:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We seem to have been very quiet here of late and I'm hoping it is because everyone has just become busy. I know Linda is on a trip right now.
I miss reading what everyone is up to. I sure hope all of you are well. Prayers for each of you for your safety and well being.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Feb 25 2022 05:15:56 AM

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1170 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1170 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2022 :  12:49:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry I haven't been here much lately; I wish I could say it is because I was busy. My eye surgery back in December did not go well. At last weeks appointment the doctor gave me lots of little injections in/around my eyes. Felt like gravel in my eyes for the rest of that day but the next morning I could actually read without the magnifying glass for the first time since December. I was about ready to go nuts not being able to read or sew but fortunately the Olympics kept me amused and out of trouble for two weeks. We lost two more fur babies since Simba passed. My heart hurts. We have a house full of senior kitties so we knew this would happen someday but losing three in less than three months is a little more than I can handle. I promise that when they get my eyesight sorted out I will be back here more.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9201 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9201 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2022 :  1:32:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Judith, So sorry about your eye surgery back they have been able to do something to help you. Also sorry to hear about your furbabies. It's hard to lose our faithful furry companions.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3455 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3455 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2022 :  5:15:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith, I am sorry to hear you have been dealing with eye issues and losing long loved old kitties. I do hope your eyes are getting better now. I do understand how hard it is to lose a loved kitty or dog. It just tears at your heart something fierce.

Denise, I have been noticing that the HenHouse has been really quiet lately too. It seems life has been hectic in one way or another since the Pandemic hit. We have not felt free to travel so life has been pretty close to home. I will say that Spring has been bursting out the past few weeks and the humidity is low and Florida is at it's prettiest and nicest weather this time of year. I am grateful for the fun swaps that I have been enjoying at the Chatroom. It is always challenging to create something new or come up with some fun things to make on a specific topic! Isn't it amazing what other Farmgirls create? I am always surprised at the unique and beautiful skills that abound at MJF!!

Recently, I have been going down on more old times rabbit holes. Lately, I found this fun book on the history of the Old General Store in New England where they were first started. It is fascinating that many are still in business too. They were great icons of the community and places where people saw neighbors and got caught up on the latest local news. There were stores all over the US but I could only find this one book about some of the history. Did any of you have relatives that ran an old country store? I would love to hear your story!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2638 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2638 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2022 :  8:14:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith, I’m sorry that your surgery didn’t turn out like you had hoped. I can imagine it would be super frustrating to have to use a magnifying glass to try and read…and really awkward to sew! Prayers that you will continue to recover and it will get better!
I’m also sorry about your loss of your cats :(. It’s been kind of a dark winter for a lot of people…. Spring is on the way!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2022 :  8:27:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Judith I am so sorry about your loss it is so sad when your senior kitty passes. My worse part of my 19 year senior kitty was that I wasn’t there with her when she passed because that was when I was .up in Redding recuperating from surgery but my friend who was feeding her was with her when she passed. There are so many memories I have her. They are all different.
Prayers for you, your eyes, and your fur babies.
Take care!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Thinking of our henhouse gals Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page