nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 12 2022 :  5:54:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been busy on the farm - we mowed down a clover field yesterday that didn't quite dry enough to bale today. Hopefully tomorrow we'll get it all done. I have a bunch of pictures to get off my camera so I can show you. 2 litters of new kittens, the first litter being sill, and of course calves :)

~Heather
“I would rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world.” — George Washington
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3786 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3786 Posts

Posted - May 12 2022 :  6:39:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh kittens;-)

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 14 2022 :  1:14:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I'll have some time to get the pictures onto the computer. We got the hay all baled, wrapped, and hauled home. There was a baby bull born yesterday and a pretty red heifer this morning :) There might be another one by tomorrow!

~Heather
“I would rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world.” — George Washington
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3786 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3786 Posts

Posted - May 14 2022 :  2:28:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Heather you are a busy Farmgirl, you make me tired just reading it:-)
I am not as busy as I use to be, I find at almost 67 I need to take more breaks and rest. I try to stay busy as I do not want to get bored! Now I am very busy unpacking and I hate taking a break as I have so many more boxes to unpack.
Breaks over better get back to it!

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 14 2022 :  6:47:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Freya being silly

Well, now the uploader fairies are not in the uploading mood LOL! I might need to get in touch with Brian and see if this is an issue on my end or what.

~Heather
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3786 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3786 Posts

Posted - May 14 2022 :  10:42:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL.

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 14 2022 :  11:20:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heather, your cows are beautiful. Thanks for answering my questions. I used to love being in the barn, just the cows and I, with the sounds of the vacuum pump, the milkers and the cows eating their grain. It was peaceful, in a way. Several times each week, someone would stop by...they never said a word, until I looked up and saw them. Of course they were usually looking for my son or my husband.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 15 2022 :  6:25:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

This is Juliette and her baby boy about 10 minutes after he was born.

This is Foxy and her baby girl. It took a lot of pictures to get a decent one. The little baby was running around like a crazy girl LOL! I'll tell you a little more about Foxy in a minute. I want to see if my luck will hold for more pictures.

This cement block is the new favorite spot for the kittens. They play in there and even sleep in there - it looks awful crowded to me but they seem to like it LOL!

Looks like the fairies are getting moody. I'll post this so I don't loose it then try again.

~Heather
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3786 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3786 Posts

Posted - May 15 2022 :  6:40:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a cute little kitty Heather.
And to get a picture of a calf 10 minutes before is amazing!
Love all the babies, momma and kitties.

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 15 2022 :  6:43:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It's hard to tell but Angel crawled up in the tarp and had 4 kittens.

Well, I was going to show you one more litter of kittens but the upload fairies are done for the night LOL.

Back to Foxy. (Her real name is Foxtrot - her mom's name was Jitterbug) She has had 6 calves now - all of them have been girls and they're all still here on the farm. She currently also has 4 granddaughters on the farm. This summer that could be 5 granddaughters and 1 great granddaughter if they have heifer calves! The first cow picture I showed you for this year - Fiona and her baby Freya - are one of Foxy's daughters and granddaughters :) A few years ago we actually had 4 generations of a different cow family on the farm!

Marilyn - I'm happy to answer questions - let me know if you have anymore. Luckily we don't get too many visitors but most of the people that do stop buy are used to seeing me in the parlor. What's funny is when people who usually see me in the parlor don't recognize me when they see me outside of the parlor. A salesman that stops by all the time and talks to me and my husband for a while every time he's here was at a sale we were at. We ended up in line next to each other at the concession stand. We talked for a couple minutes before he realized who I was. His reaction was hilarious. My husband's grandparents came to my in-laws (just across the yard from us) for Christmas eve one year and we were still out doing chores when they got here. We went over and helped them into the house (in our barn clothes) then we came home and changed before we went over. Grandpa was amazed! He kept carrying on about how well I clean up LOL! Even years afterwards he would mention it. Not sure if I look that bad while I'm working or what LOL! I don't wear much make up or fancy clothes but something sure shocked him :)

~Heather
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3786 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3786 Posts

Posted - May 15 2022 :  6:48:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet you are a little cutie in your barn clothes. I would love a photo of you with your cows. Could hubby take a photo? By the way what is hubby’s name?
And of course those new little kitties are so sweet!

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 15 2022 :  7:41:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
His name is Nathan. I'm not great at selfies - they usually show the inside of my nose LOL! But let me see what I have on the computer and if I can coax the fairies into cooperating LOL!

This is me and Freya. My usual barn attire is jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt depending on the weather. Then it's a zip up sweatshirt and vest (like pictured) unless it's really cold - then the carharts come out.
Here's the carharts and a cute jersey bull calf :)

Me and Juliette last summer

And this is me all fancy LOL!

~Heather
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3786 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3786 Posts

Posted - May 16 2022 :  06:03:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful Heather! You look so darn cute in your barn clothes and so pretty fancied up too. You look just so happy with you cows. Thank you.

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 16 2022 :  06:47:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heather,you are beautiful.I love your long blonde hair. Most blondes that I see are from a bottle... but yours is just like gold ... natural,
Foxy's new baby is so pretty
My dinl was blonde as a small child , in Wisconsin
, but she has brown hair now. Or she would have if she did not go to get it bleached.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3786 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3786 Posts

Posted - May 16 2022 :  12:13:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

A Farmgirl Sister emailed this to me, I love it so I had to share. I love Sunflowers and old barns!

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 16 2022 :  12:28:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too Debbie. That print is beautiful!!

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
Farmgirl of the Month-August 2022
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 16 2022 :  5:21:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a beautiful picture Debbie! And most of the time the cows make me very happy :) Every now and then one does something that makes me mad - like kicks me or breaks something, but not very often. And they never make me mad enough to want to do something else besides dairy farm :)

Marilyn - Oh how I wish it was natural, but mine comes from a bottle too LOL! I'm glad it looks good enough that you think it's natural :) The older I got the darker it got so I help it stay light. I'd like to add some purple stripes to it but I might have to sleep with the cows if I do LOL!

~Heather
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 18 2022 :  5:51:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've had quite the run of heifer calves this year! Another one was born about half an hour ago. I'll get some pictures in the morning and show you :)

~Heather
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3786 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3786 Posts

Posted - May 19 2022 :  06:42:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Heather a few highlights of purple would look fabulous! I have had purple in my hair for 4 or 5 years now and love it! Makes me feel young:-)

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 21 2022 :  6:45:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie - Nathan doesn't like purple at all. I told him I'd compromise and do blue instead - He doesn't like that idea any better LOL!

I have some pictures of the new baby but I don't have them on the computer yet. We got busy and I forgot. Hopefully tomorrow I can sit down and get it done. I also have an ornery kitten picture I think you'll enjoy.

~Heather
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3786 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3786 Posts

Posted - May 21 2022 :  7:13:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So happy you are alright just busy.

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 22 2022 :  5:51:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

The new beauty :)

my little garden flag is the favorite toy of the kittens. Before I had my camera they were jumping up and hanging on it with their front paws and biting it. It's hard to stay mad at them for eating my flag and flattening my irises when they then do this:

Story time:
We've been having lots of rain and our lane (path) to get to our fields is one of the last things to dry up. We had a break in the rain for a couple days and needed to haul out the manure storage even if the lane wasn't quite dry enough. What should have been a couple hour job turned into an all day mess! The first 3 loads went fine - slow but fine. The 4th load we got stuck in a wet hole in the field but got it pulled out without any problems. The fifth load was apparently one too many LOL! Long story short - the spreader broke (of course it was full). Nathan tried going really slow to get it as empty as possible (it has to be empty to fix it) and it broke more - to the point it wouldn't unload anymore of the manure. We thought it was the axle - the tires were bent in rubbing the side of the spreader. The web (that pushes the manure to the back beaters to be spread) also broke. As Nathan was driving very slowly back to the barn (trying to not damage the tires) I was walking behind picking up the parts and pieces of the web that were falling off. Turns out it wasn't the axle it was the frame. We still have to finish unloading it (using pitchforks!) but it doesn't look like we're going to be able to repair it. We finally got in to eat some breakfast at 4pm. Evening chores start at 4:30. Needless to say, after all that I didn't feel like keeping up with house work for a couple days. You know what that means don't you - yup, visitors LOL! No one ever comes when my house is clean. Luckily it was my parents and they called the night before so I was able to get the dishes and laundry caught up before they got here. They live in Michigan so we don't see them very often. It was a nice visit. And that is why I was MIA for a few days LOL!

~Heather
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3786 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3786 Posts

Posted - May 22 2022 :  6:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh wow, Heather I am so sorry a piece of your equipment went kapooie, I guess from your description you need a new one and I am sure not cheap.
But, so happy you got to see your parents and visit with them. That makes everything all better for awhile.
You know we just miss you and your cheerful attitude.
Take care sweetie.
Nighty Nite.

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 22 2022 :  6:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Heather, you are one busy lady! I hope the rains let up so everything will dry up and make life a little easier for y’all.

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
Farmgirl of the Month-August 2022
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 23 2022 :  6:41:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's nice to be missed LOL!
It does dry out - then it rains again :) They say April showers bring May flowers but it seems like May is usually really wet the last few years. Oh well, not much I can do about it!

I went out to pen the cows up for evening milking and there was a cow hollering at the grass:

At first I thought she was mad she couldn't get to it to eat it. Then I looked a little closer:

then a little bit closer:

While I was in the house she had her baby. It ducked under the electric fence for a nap and she couldn't get to her. Yup, another heifer LOL!
Here she is out of her hiding spot:

They're in the barn now so I can get some sleep tonight :)

~Heather
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Farm Fun Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page