levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9172 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9172 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2022 :  05:09:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know many of us can and do get snow in April. But April usually rings of true Spring for many. We always visited Florida in April when our children were young to spend Easter with my family.
It seems color really seems to pop out in April too. I don't think the lilacs bloom until May here but we will have to wait and see. Hope you all are being energized by nicer weather, if not now then soon!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2022 :  08:29:10 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We've been having a little much needed rain, but then sunshine, and that is good!

Our next-door neighbor is having a garage sale on Saturday, and I am going to try and clean out a few things to add - her SIL is joining, and she said I could add a few things. The neighbor next to her is also having a garage sale. Might take over a couple pieces of antique furniture that I haven't sold yet. I might have had one here, too, except she asked to borrow our tables. LOL! Maybe I can find another one?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2022 :  3:44:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are getting Linda's rain today and it is also much needed!

Linda, it sounds like Saturday is going to be "garage sale day" out your way. I always found that when several families did one at the same time, there were more people coming and sometimes more sales. Let us know if you sell stuff or find a good bargain yourself!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2022 :  4:31:45 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
LOL! Ed and I love going to garage and estate sales. The problem is, we need to HAVE a sale not keep buying things we think we need. LOL!

Winnie - did you get bad rain last night? On the weather it showed pictures of some really bad storms in the panhandle of Florida.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Apr 02 2022 5:45:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9172 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9172 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2022 :  11:39:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The service for my aunt was a beautiful celebration of her life.
It was so wonderful to hear people honor her. A life well lived.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9172 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9172 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2022 :  06:53:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How are our Texas gals doing in all these storms? Linda, Sherry, Marilyn, Jami?? Did I miss anyone?

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Apr 03 2022 06:54:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2022 :  07:07:32 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing bad in my area - just a little rain off and on mostly in the early morning hours.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9172 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9172 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2022 :  07:16:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear that. Saw on the weather Texas is supposed to get some bad storms coming through. Hope the rest of the gals are okay too.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2022 :  11:37:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, we did have a doozy of a rain storm Friday night and Saturday. There were tornado warnings north of us but we did have a lot of blustery rain and thunder/lightening. Weather this time of year can be very volatile! However, today is sunny, blue skies , light breeze and in the 70s. It is a beautiful day after a miserable one yesterday.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2022 :  1:31:10 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That's great to hear, Winnie.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2022 :  11:12:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can hardly believe that April is already here and Easter just around the corner! 2022 seems to be speeding by quickly! Next month our school year will be ending and the University graduates all the students at the end of April! Summertime, there are less students at UF and without school, there is less traffic than currently. We all who live here like that easing up of heavy traffic in the mornings and evenings.

We have had both an outbreak of rats in the house and ants!!!We got 3 adults in the traps. The local pest control service looked all over the outside and under the house in the crawl space and could not see any breaches where they came in. However, we have-not had any more caught in 10 days so they seem to be gone. We are now setting traps from the pest control out in the yard and in the crawl space to see if we have any lingering in the yard. The ants have been a problem for many years but in January, we had an awful invasion in multiple rooms. The pest control came out and did a thorough treatment but 45 days later, they were back again. Now 45 days we again have an invasion. Tomorrow they are coming out to bait the entire house inside the house and spray the outside where they come up from the ground. It is such a huge problem but we signed a contract for 4 treatments a year and any breakthrough problems they come out and treat with no additional cost to us. Fingers crossed this approach will finally get rid of them for good!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2022 :  11:15:28 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
OOOOOHHHH! I hate rats. They are building new homes across the street from us now, and my pest guy said not to keep the garage door open because of possible displaced rats from the former field. New lumber also brings in scorpions, which I do not like - at all!

Hope you get rid of the ants and rats SOON!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1189 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1189 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2022 :  07:14:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my rats and ants would send me for a loop. We do have rats in the silage pile occasionally, but I have a lot of farm cats that patrol the entire farm and take care of them before they can do much damage. I buy a lot of cat food in the winter for them, but it sure is worth it to keep my hunters happy. Once spring comes they all leave the barn and get to work. To keep the cat population under control every year I take a few kittens in to be neutered and spayed. It is much to cold here for to many ant explosions, we do find the occasional and hill, but it is never very big. I sure feel bad for you girls who have to battle these pests.

My biggest pests are the deer that eat my trees and garden and Mr. Pheasant who really loves my strawberries. He sneaks into the strawberry patch when I am not looking and takes just one bite out of the ripe berry and than moves onto the next ripe one.I go to great lengths to deter them from getting into the garden and have started fencing all my young trees.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2022 :  07:56:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I first moved in my place years ago I had mice we have cats everywhere in our town now so that problem is gone . I lived next door too the Meat market and they moved down the street now so that might have helped there. Ants are another story they come and go and are so annoying. Terri works pretty good with them and spraying them With soapy water kills them right away. Wipe them up and gone for the minute.
I wouldn’t like having scorpions at all!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9172 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9172 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2022 :  09:31:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would hate scorpions. My top two are snakes and rats/mice. Those two will send me running. I'm not sure how I got so bad about them. I could never find anything to get rid of ants except Terro.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2022 :  09:37:25 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just yesterday we found ants in the master bathroom on the counter. The pest guy was just here on Monday, so his spraying probably stirred them up and they came in. UGH! I hate getting rid of ants.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9172 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9172 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2022 :  08:52:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Too cute not post!
Saw it come through Facebook.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Apr 08 2022 08:52:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2022 :  10:18:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

I haven't been on much. Lot's of major changes going on at the moment one of which is, I'm going back to school full time to earn another master's degree. This time in Clinical Therapy/counseling. Lots of adjustments to be made.

I am still busy with Pumpkin's wedding preparations. I'm so happy for the both of them. The wedding is in January. Let's hope all goes to plan and no more covid lock down. I recently attended a tasting to assist us in deciding on the menu. There were various couples there and their wedding had been postponed for quite some time due to covid. It was interesting to get their perspective on things.

The Canadian border opened back up, so I've been visiting with my parents who have some challenging health issues. It can be so overwhelming. I am so grateful to have a sister and brother who live by and take care of emergencies that pop up.

Aside from that, I've been mainly sitting on the couch knitting. That couch is so darn peaceful and comfortable. Hanging on to my peace, as Sarah would say. Maybe it's more pieces. lol

Catch you all later

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Apr 09 2022 10:19:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9172 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9172 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2022 :  1:50:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, that is awesome you are going for another degree.
So glad to hear the border has opened again.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2022 :  11:11:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, so glad to hear that you are doing well and have plans for another degree and professional direction. It all sounds exciting! I am sure it is a huge relief to be able to visit with your parents and siblings to catch up and help each other. I hope you have a Happy Spring and Easter!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2022 :  11:33:22 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
WOW! Another Master's Degree - sounds like a lot of work and studying to me. Sounds like you have a plan.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2022 :  5:38:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Carole! Will you be a full time student for 18 months or two years or longer?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9172 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9172 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2022 :  02:32:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Tuesday! I was quite surprised and happy to find JT cleaning up the rest of the garage. It has been so cold and rainy that we didn't get some things finished up in there. Apparently while I was busy inside he decided to finish. He also gave the lawn its first cut. Started to rain so he had to wait to finish but it looks nice and the garage can now hold 2 cars. Also good that happened was someone bought his big work truck. What a blessing that is for us.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Apr 12 2022 02:33:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2022 :  04:45:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love this cute vintage card for Spring! The graphics of these old cards were so sweet and pretty.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9172 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9172 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2022 :  07:17:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just love the vintage look Winnie!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2022 :  11:11:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh how cute those cute chickpeas!
Happy Day everyone!

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Hello April~2022 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page