StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1182 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1182 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2022 :  9:57:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just what makes you think our craft/sewing rooms are clean?
:-)

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4653 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4653 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2022 :  10:12:53 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Clean is like beauty - it is in the mind of the beholder. LOL!!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9306 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9306 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2022 :  03:58:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol! Well my rooms are clean just messy.
Right now that is what I have Karen is a mish mash of furniture. I have trouble finding what I am looking for.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jul 13 2022 03:59:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4653 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4653 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2022 :  07:55:27 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Right now I have 3-4 sewing machines, an ironing board and a cutting table in my room, plus shelving for miscellaneous and cube storage for fabrics. Oh, and piles of projects. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1182 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1182 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2022 :  11:17:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
36 sewing machines, 6-drawer dresser, 20 plastic drawers of fabric, lace, etc., cutting table, artsy-craftsy table, and usually 2-3 cats.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9306 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9306 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2022 :  11:24:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
36 sewing machines?? Wow, as much room as I have I can't imagine finding a place to put all of them. I didn't have much luck finding what I was looking for today but I did find a few little goodies.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2022 :  11:52:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith, I am surprised you didn't end with a Partridge in a Pear tree!! LOL!!! It would give the cats something to keep a close watch over, don't you think?

My TV room was once a double garage when the house was built in 1961. Part of that room included this little alcove for the washer and dryer. The owners closed in the room to make it a large living bedroom for a Father in law that lived with them. When it was closed in, the alcove received a door and could be used as a storage space in the bedroom. The second owner kept the same design and added a carport for two cars. Fast forward to 1984 when we purchased the home with a toddler and 4 year old. The entire room space became a storage area because 1) we didn't have hardly any furniture 2) the entrance would leave the kids out of sight and hearing for us, and 3) we had no idea what we were going to do with it. I had a small sears portable machine and no place to work any way so sewing wasn't in the scene. Forward 4 years later and we started to use it for a play area since the kids were older. At that time we added some shelves for things like holiday decorations and the like. I moved my machine and the little table I had to set it up in that space along one wall along with the storage and the washer and dryer. Fast forward again to 2022 and nothing has changed about the footprint of that space. In 2002, my Mom moved to assisted living and I got her 1957 Singer machine and the table it lived in as well as the matching chair. Her machine was better than mine so I sold that and the little cheap table in a garage sale. A few years ago, I moved a tiered shelf that was in a bedroom down to the sewing area because it fit right under the shelf we had "stuff" on. My sewing supplies are all in small plastic totes on those shelves and the bottom shelf has a large basket that fits in and carries my batting bag, and small flannel batting. I ofter cut out on top of the dryer or just on the floor outside of the alcove. The walls were never covered with dry wall so I use each area for decorating. I use thumb tack pins to mount Farmgirl postcards, small little primitive dresses, and other little laundry room oldies like a jar of vintage clothes pins , a wash board(new from ACE hardware store that sells them from same company that has been in business forever, a few primitive small dolls, a calendar, and other small items. Then I use gifted farmgril aprons like curtains on the bottom open spaces and as a curtains over the one window in the room. It has become my Farmgirl sewing nook that is kind cute and perfect for me. I know it is small but it is cozy and has everything I need for the simple sewing I can do. I could use a cat!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4653 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4653 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2022 :  12:19:06 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
LOL! I have 22 sewing machines, but many are in closet and I have no shelves strong enough to hold them.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9306 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9306 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2022 :  3:52:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I did get my paper crafting area cleaned and organized but the sewing area in the big room is a mess. I plan to work on that this week. I can never seem to get it all organized at the same time but it is good that they are in separate areas.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2022 :  6:46:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I have 2 sewing machines…one for sewing and one for sewing on paper.
I finally have my craft room “cleaner” so I will share my pictures…lol. Keep in mind that I leave for a crafting retreat on Thursday so some of the “stuff” from my room is packed and ready to go! Lol

Excuse the messy desk corner…

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2022 :  6:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha

Edited by - Jokamartell on Jul 19 2022 6:50:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2022 :  6:57:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for all the posts…I couldn’t keep track of which pictures were where…all of my crafting supplies are in the gray cubes…fabric, sewing supplies, yarn, Cricut vinyl, and various displays are in the biggest unit that has the Minnie Mouse collection on top. The unit with the chair in front of it has a variety of different things in it. The short unit has all my paper packs and some paper crafting kits. The big built in drawers hold my card stock and more paper packs. The Alex drawers (IKEA) between the large built ins hold paper crafting tools and supplies…paper trimmers, punches, 3D foam tape, double sided tape, chipboard, etc. The small drawers that are built in hold my stamps, embellishments, and ribbon. The two taller built in cabinets hold a variety of stuff. Lol.

Denise, I hope this helps

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9306 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9306 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2022 :  7:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a great space Karen! I don't have near that much space for crafting but I love how you have organized it all. I will try to get pictures tomorrow of my paper crafting space.

Thanks for sharing! Love your curtains btw.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2022 :  8:25:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Denise!! The curtains are a subtle nod to my love of Minnie Mouse !! :)

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4653 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4653 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2022 :  9:31:45 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You have a nice area, Karen. Mine isn't quite that large and right now it is a mess since I have been "kitting" up projects to take to Albuquerque with us in case I have extra time. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2022 :  05:54:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Knitting ... I've been a knitting fool. It suits my present state of being and it's portable. Quilting seems to be on the back burner. I have a quilt top that's been loaded on Penelope for the last four months and I still haven't tackled the machine quilting.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9306 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9306 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2022 :  07:49:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So good to see you Carole! Isn't it funny how we go from one thing to something else. Keeps things interesting.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9306 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9306 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2022 :  08:18:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is my little papercrafting area in the laundry room. The previous owner used this area for crafting too.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4653 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4653 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2022 :  10:35:54 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thats a nice set of drawers, countertop, and storage shelves, Denise. Were they already there when you bought the house?

Here are 3 pictures showing the current disfunctionality of my sewing/crafting room. I took them standing in the door and going left to right.
Singer 401A, ironing board, fabric cubes, Singer featherweight, fabric cubes, misc container store drawers/shelves, 10-yr-old Singer sewing machine, Rest of counter and shelves and cutting table

These 3 pictures are of my craft/fabric/etc storage closet room. It is also left to right in a state of disfunctionality.

I have been trying to reorganize, give away and use up to empty some of the tubs of projects and fabrics and stuff. I have two very large totes and other containers of fabric scraps - mostly cottons but some misc. Would anyone like a crammed full one-price box of scraps - you just pay postage? I'd love to share. Just let me know.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Jul 21 2022 10:51:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2022 :  10:56:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW!! These are some wonderful work/sewing areas you have! What a treat to have a dedicated area where you can organize what you have and have plenty of storage for the various things you need to have on hand. I love how these work areas are also well lit so you can see details clearly. You all enjoy and keep creating!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9306 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9306 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2022 :  2:16:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My area, drawers, and countertops were here already. The shelves on top of the counter are shoe shelves. I bought 2 and stacked them. My sewing area is sort of organized but in a couple different areas of the main room of the basement. I'll to get pictures. I have very little of anything anymore.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

HunnysHen
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Jami
Texas
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2022 :  6:23:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As always, photos, scrapbook, paper crafts/cards, crafts with our princesses Cameryn & Rylee !

w/ TEXAS SIZE Farmgirl HUGS !
Farmgirl Sister :
HunnysHen # 5876
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2022 :  9:24:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, seeing your room makes me think...I can remember when I had nothing but my sewing machine that my parents had given me for HS graduation.The one enormous quilt top that I made, was cut by hand and stitched by hand from my hubby's great grandmother's box of scraps and some scraps from garments I had sewn for my self. I was 19, and bored. The good news is that my mother quilted that quilt for me many long years later and now it is a bed spread on my son and daughter in laws king sized bed. When I made the top everyone slept in full sized beds.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9306 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9306 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2022 :  03:56:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn,
That makes me think back to my first sewing machine. I bought a Viking from a friend in Hawaii right after JT and I were married. It was old and heavy. Before I married I used my mom's old Singer, which I have now. When we moved to Virginia from Hawaii I sold that Viking to my sister in law and bought a Singer. I sewed almost all my kids clothes when they were little. I always kept my machine in the closet and sewed at the dining table. I still sew at a table we have in the basement for the kids to play games or do puzzles. All my other crafts are in cabinets in the big room in the basement. I keep mom's machine in the small bedroom though. Less chance of anything happening to it. Sometimes I wonder how I went from that one little machine to all this but it is because I have acquired too many hobbies. I definitely should downsize. Though most fit in a couple of containers each. Except for the sewing stuff.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2022 :  09:55:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love seeing all your spaces!!

My first craft area was in my laundry room. I didn’t “graduate” to my current one until both my girls flew from the nest. :)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Project Discussions: Previous Topic So tell me.. Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page