nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2022 :  12:39:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think I've ever experienced the first day of a season actually feeling like the first day of that season before. Wednesday it was 91 and so humid. We had a few sprinkles but the storms went around us (luckily!). Yesterday was the first day of autumn and what a difference a day made! It was 39 degrees last night!!!! The woodstove in the house is going, we had chili for supper, I had a hot chocolate this morning, we had to wear jackets...yup, fall is here! At 3:30 in the afternoon it's only 62 degrees - and I'm loving it LOL! The corn and beans are all turning and lots of combines are being pulled out of the barn and getting ready for harvest.

We finally have our clover hay all mowed, baled, and wrapped. We're working on hauling it home. It's a slow process. We can only haul 12 bales at a time (with 2 trucks, 2 trailers, one skid loader, and one wagon) and it takes an hour to make a round trip. I'm not 100% sure but I think we baled 479 bales. We're hoping when we make our hay at home next week we'll have over 500 bales. I took some pictures while we were in the field but I don't have them uploaded yet.

What fall festivities have you been enjoying?

~Heather
“I would rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world.” — George Washington

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3785 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3785 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2022 :  12:49:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, y’all have been busy. So happy fall has arrived at your house. The wood stove going and chili for supper yummy.
We are still trying to get our blackberries picked. I will bake an apple pie for MaryJanes Apple Pie Sunday. The temps are lower but not too much the weather is still perfect! Thank

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic It's Here!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page