nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

1275 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2022 :  5:41:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's everyone's plans/goals/resolutions for the coming new year? I have 2 big goals. One is to go through everything and declutter! I have way too much stuff stuck everywhere. As part of that I want to make a bunch of stuff and my second goal is to do a bunch of RAOK's this year. Some for farmgirl sisters and some local. I don't have all the details worked out yet. I plan to sit down after the first of the year and plan. I had such a crazy busy Christmas that I feel like I missed it. I talked with my husband and he feels the same so we saved our gifts for each other and are taking this week to slow down and enjoy the season before we really do miss it LOL!

~Heather
“I would rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world.” — George Washington

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2655 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2655 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2022 :  7:18:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heather, that is so sweet! I’m glad that you two are having some time for yourselves.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

3861 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
3861 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2022 :  2:06:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Heather that is wonderful, thank you so much for sharing.
I am still working on my resolution(s).

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Dec 29 2022 2:06:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

946 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
946 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2022 :  7:52:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I’m still working on my list of goals for 2023. I did some list making today. This year was the first year that I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish instead of things I wanted to change. It’s amazing to me how much easier it has been to stick with the list with this line of thinking. A few of the things on my list for 2022 were sending happy mail every single week (Happy Mail Monday)…which I did accomplish, using items i had already purchased for “one day” projects, using my stash, and sharing with others how they make me happy/smile/or touched my life. It has been fun to keep track of my progress. I am definitely keeping the send happy mail every week goal for 2023!

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

1275 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2022 :  10:48:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've found the same thing to be true Karen! I love to make lists and see things crossed off. I just have to be careful to keep things realistic and not get too much on my list. I think I'm going to pick a room each month and go through drawers, closets, etc. That way it doesn't turn into a giant mess in my house trying to do it all at once LOL! Plus a month gives me wiggle room for when unexpected things on the farm happen and if I wind up with extra time I can use it to make things :)

~Heather
“I would rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world.” — George Washington
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

946 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
946 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2022 :  5:44:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Realistic is key!! I’m not always so good at that!!

I love your idea, Heather, of taking a room each month. I’m part of a Facebook group (A Bowl Full of Lemons) that does a 14 week challenge. I’ve done it the past few years but I always lose my momentum. Each week is a different room in the house. You purge, deep, deep, deep clean, and organize everything…walls, floors, appliances, etc. It can be overwhelming.

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
155 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2023 :  2:30:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heather, my goal for this year is to really work on all of my UFOs and to complete some badges. I am hoping that everyone here will help keep me focused and on track so I don't get lost along the way. I would really love to keep my goal of 2 UFOs a month and 1 merit badge a month. So far I haven't started either yet this month but I have made my lists and started some research. I am hoping to start with the calligraphy merit badge. I just need to find the right pens and workbook. Then I may start working on quilling.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

1275 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
1275 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2023 :  7:57:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karen - there's no way I could do a room a week! Too much comes up. I haven't even had a chance to start on one yet. Might have to start with the bathroom LOL! It's the smallest one :)

Krista - that sounds like a great goal! I'm afraid to list out my UFO's. Although most of them are unstarted rather than unfinished LOL!

~Heather
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic 2023 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page