Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
22. Farmgirl Jubilee
- Look up the definition of jubilee. Tell us about any special jubilee that you’ve celebrated. What events happened that you participated in?
- Read about the British Diamond Jubilee for Queen Elizabeth on June 5, 2012. What events took place? What were some ways that regular people participated in the celebration?
- Share two ideas you have for how to celebrate on The Farmgirl Connection chatroom under the Farmgirl Jubilee heading.
- Plan a local Farmgirl Jubilee celebration with your family and close friends that live nearby. Tell us what activities you did together to celebrate the weekend. Provide photos of the event along with a summary. If celebrated online, provide a link.
- Take something homemade to a neighbor or friend who might not know about MaryJane’s Farmgirl Sisterhood. It could be a jar of something you canned, fresh baked cookies, or a simple crocheted/knitted dishcloth. Include a handwritten card about our annual Farmgirl Jubilee celebration and deliver the gift while dressed in your favorite apron.
- Organize a Farmgirl Jubilee celebration in your state and publicly invite farmgirls to attend. It can take place at a local restaurant, campground, park, your home, or anywhere convenient for a gathering that people can easily find. Make sure to plan for food, shelter, and a few fun activities. Take photos of your event and post them on The Farmgirl Connection chatroom.
February, 2015 Edition