Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
4. Lend a Hand to Families
- Help an ailing farmgirl sister for 10 hours.
- Consider keeping a journal or diary of activities and hours spent working on this merit badge that include some sketches or artwork.
- Clean a pregnant woman’s house while she is away having the baby or do this for someone who is ill or grieving the loss of a loved one.
- Cook for a family in need and provide a week’s worth of frozen re-heatable meals or pots of soup and bread. Alternatively, coordinate several friends to make sure a hot supper is delivered every day at a pre-appointed time and be ready to fill in the gaps as needed.
- Visit two local homebound and elderly people; make sure they have food being delivered or bring fresh groceries.
- Offer to plant a flower garden where they can see it from their window or some indoor forced bulbs.
- Arrange to be the babysitter for a struggling family with young children so the parents can have a “date night.”
- Sew or donate a dozen cloth diapers to the local Pregnancy Crisis Center or similar organization.
January, 2008 Edition