Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
5. Organic on a Budget
- Order MaryJane’s Budget Mix in bulk either in wheat or gluten-free.
- Commit to shopping only the perimeter of a grocery store. Do not hit the middle section. If possible, either grow or buy your vegetables, eggs, meat, and dairy locally grown.
- Pencil out a budget and stick to it for one month using Budget Mix as the basis of your meals for creating everything from tortillas to pancakes to cakes to biscuits.
- Continue perfecting your eating plan using MaryJane’s Budget Mix as a basis for your meals. Crank down on your budget a notch while loosening and freeing up some money for a new book or crafting supplies—something you haven’t been able to afford until now.
- At this point, all your veggies and fruits should be organic. Congratulations! You are no longer dependent on chemicals.
- Teach two more families how to eat organic on a budget. Get their taste buds ready for more by gifting them your homemade crackers along with some organic peanut butter and jam or a plate full of warm biscuits just in time for their dinner or deliver a basket of cheese sticks for a sporting event. If they’re under the weather, show up with some chicken and dumplings—all organic of course!
January, 2008 Edition