Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
6. Pay it Forward
- Figure out how much money you spend per person per meal each day of the week.
- Pick one day of the week; on that day, skip your lunch or dinner meal.
- Donate the saved money to your local food bank to help others who struggle daily to put food on their table.
- Organize a food round-up of non-perishable food items to donate to your local food bank/food shelf for the needy. Collect at least 50 items.
- Donate five hours to your local food bank.
- Write a letter to the editor about the hungry in America and what individuals can do to help. Give concrete ideas that are doable in your area.
- Help package food packs for charity.
- Help deliver food to homebound/elderly for at least five hours.
January, 2008 Edition