Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
Make It Easy
- Research the different types of wax used in making candles. Are certain waxes better than others, depending on the type of candle being made?
- Research the different ways to scent a candle. What are the pros and cons of each method?
- Research the different ways to color a candle. What are the pros and cons of each method?
- Gather the supplies needed to safely make candles.
- Make two different mold candles. Use a different wax, scent, or color for each candle. Let us know how each turns out!
- Gift a candle to a friend and be sure to let them know that it was handmade by you.
- Teach a friend how to make candles and help them to make at least one candle.
- Make a hand-dipped taper candle. Feel pioneer-esque.
- Take a close look at one brand of candle that is available for purchase in your area. Report to your chapter or the Farmgirl Connection on what type of wax, scent, and coloring is used in this candle. Include information on whether or not the use of this candle in the home can be toxic.
January, 2015 Edition