Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
- Learn how to tie the following knots commonly used in fishing: clinch, Palomar, turle, barrel knot, and double surgeons loop.
- Obtain a copy of the fishing regulations near you. Check out your state’s Department of Fish & Game website.
- Familiarize yourself with the types of fish in your area, and how each are caught.
- Research the different types of bait used to catch fish in your area.
- Buy a fishing license and gear up.
- Catch a fish! Or two!
- If your area’s regulations permit you to keep it, clean and cook it.
January, 2012 Edition